Ricks Cafe - getting an update?

aussienetman

I visited Ricks a few times in the months prior to closure and have visited the new Stars buffet once. The VIP offer for this month and last is $19.99 and Free Unlimited Soft Drink for Gold VIP's. The new Stars buffet has a smaller selection than Ricks had but the same food. Unlike Ricks it is one single entry not a wrist banded come back for the day, no postmix is available in Stars and they gave me a 600ml coke for the Gold offer.

^ Its an old film (in black and white) but a classic! When I went to San Fran for a week and lived on campus in the college dorms at the University of California practically everywhere I went gave free re-fills. I remember I first encountered it when we to Hard Rock at Pier 39 and they gave me a drink and I was like "I didn't order this!" and had to be told by the people I was there with this was the norm in America. Last time I went to Food Fantasy at Jupiter's it had unlimited refills; my guess is they make such a killing from post-mix due to its low cost and high mark up and they don't want to loose it!?!?

Whilst on the topic of soft drinks and refills Holiday World have posted their free unlimited drink line-up for this year. 303460_10150749476964538_35385539537_9586744_787902075_n.jpg They may be Pepsi drinks but the fact the park offers them free and unlimited is a great move from a park that is family owned and not part of a major chain. I will say I would like to see unlimited refills at our parks even if it is at a cost.

Different markets have different flavours. Penrith used to have a Diner called Johnny Rockets - they offered over 60 soda flavours, with my favourite being lemon coke - the lemon coke that they released commercially was crap - but Johnny Rockets was awesome. I also found Dr Pepper in the states had a completely different flavour to the one we've had in Australia. I've never heard of the Freestyle Coke machine before... we need that one on our shores ASAP.