Sign in to follow this  
djrappa

Thunderbolt Packs It's Bags

25 posts in this topic

Well after reading Thunder's latest post over at Westcoaster that The Bolt is now being removed I thought I'd bring it over to TT :-) I can imagine plenty of folks will be documenting its removal for all of us to see?? Well I hope so anyway :-)

Damn it! You beat me again! As I was taking a shower i heard the radio state something about the deconstruction of the TuhnderBolt today, and it was supposedly because of the Tower Of Terror....... stoopid media...... It's true but that's just one cause.

Anyone catch Sunrise this morning? They had a story running that Thunderbolt had just closed. The idea was right, but they were just a tad misinformed, or running the story only six months late. :) I'll have semi-regular updates (maybe every month or more), but for more regular stuff (i.e. if you want to see it come down bolt by bolt :cool:), you'll have to check other sites.

If any one is interested, there will be updates done at ozcoaster every couple of days or when anything interesting happens...look for the first pictures late tonight or tomorrow morning. Enjoy the pictures as Ian only lives less than 5min walking distance to the park, and I am sure that he will keep us all informed.

just got back and its coming down really fast slick you will be lucky if there any track standing on the weekend, they are really destroying the thunderbolt so it has not been sold. photo's soon

Wow Ian sounds pretty drastic! What are they actualy doing when you say they are destroying it? Can't wait for photos...

Just a guess:

1 : to ruin the structure, organic existence, or condition of ; also : to ruin as if by tearing to shreds   2 a : to put out of existence : KILL b : NEUTRALIZE c : ANNIHILATE, VANQUISH   intransitive senses : to cause destruction
But I'm just guessing here :D:)

Just confirming what rabid said above, Thunderbolt is being recycled, not relocated. That means sold for scrap. Essentially with all the work that's required, Dreamworld realised it's not a valid investment for anyone, so they're getting rid of in the quickest and most fun way possible.

If any one is interested, there will be updates done at ozcoaster every couple of days or when anything interesting happens...look for the first pictures late tonight or tomorrow morning. Enjoy the pictures as Ian only lives less than 5min walking distance to the park, and I am sure that he will keep us all informed.
Advertisment?? Aint you gunna say something Richard???????????????????????????????

^ no because me and Rich are actual friends and adults. Im in this business for fun Thats why I work at Movieworld to make the guest love theme parks im not in this for money. I have no problem with Total Thrills posting updates on my boards and I know Rich has no problem with myself posting stuff about the parks on his boards. The only thing I hate out there is sites that go on to others message boards and trying to take the members to there own boards. Ian

yeah i am an adult to, when i said about my site i wasnt tryn to get people to join my fourms, i was simply letting people know they could download coaster sim tracks.

hi all, just a quick hello, i was at dw again yesterday, my friend told me that staff were told that no attractions have been or will be purchased from sydney. also have u checked out my pics on my thunderbolt update, i have 2 footer bolts, i have scanned them for u all to see.

Can I ask how you guys are scoring this stuff? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a piece of that little bit of history myself :)

dude, i just emailed and ask a while ago and there sending me one. or give them a ring might be better, or when its dark jump the fence (only joking)