Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

You're basing your whole speculation of this ride's theme on the fact that a Seaworld park on the other side of the world owned by a completely different company is theming their new ride to the Antarctic. Just because Seaworld Orlando themes a ride to the Antarctic doesn't mean Seaworld Australia is going to do the same, just as Luna Park Melbourne aren't going to name a spinning coaster the Tickler just because Luna Park NYC did. Anyway, does anyone think it'd be ironic if the construction of this ride was hindered by today's storms considering its theme?

The fact that they have removed the top part of the volcano doesn't definitively stated that mattcrombie's original post was 'bullshit'. They may be creating more of a 'mountain' than a volcano, and would prefer the rounded top. Consider it this way - if they volcano was going... COMPLETELY... wouldn't they just have dozered the whole thing? It doesn't make sense that they would carefully strip the outer skins, and then crane the head section off cleanly and intact, if they just intended on scrapping it. With regard to their age, the volcano did not yet have it's skin in february 1994, however, wasn't lassiters using a similar construction prior to that?

I would imagine the demolition of a 15+ mtr tall volcano that sits in the middle of 4 major attractions wouldn't be something that is going to be taken lightly. No one in their right mind is going to just crash a bulldozer into it and hope it falls where it is without knowing the condition. It sat for 2 years without being touched so I can imagine it wasn't the most stable of buildings. Demolitions are things that would be planned out and done in stages as we have seen thus far...

Any building needs to be maintained. The rides need daily maintenance when in operation and SBNO rides that receive no attention do not improve in condition sitting next to a beach in a salty climate. My point wasn't the condition of the structure it was that it would make sense to take it down slowly in a controlled environment.

Edited by reginaphalange

This is the most pointless discussion and debate iv ever read! It's being taken down peice by peice because of the following reasons: 1) it's within metres of a show building which is remaining for the up and coming attraction. 2) that specific volcanoe is within half a metre of a piece of track that belongs to a multi million dollar attraction that I'm sure most of you would like to see in operation in the near future. 3) that specific volcanoe is situated directly on top of a current attraction which will reopen once this stage of demo is complete, FLUME!!! Don't want to go knocking the s!?$ out of the rides trough in a violent attempt to knock down a volcanoe do we? You can continue to banter about the above points and my statements, but I can tell you right now to save and future disappointment, those iconic brown volcanoes.......... There going and there not coming back, the coming month should also assit my point! Rant complete :D

Excellent!! Progress is moving ahead!! Exciting times!! This promises to be the biggest and most important ride installation for our theme parks since Tower of Terror and Superman were installed!! Especially considering the iconic status of the attraction it is replacing!! I feel we are in for something very special with the advent of this coaster- cannot wait!!