What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

I think a walk through 'museum' type attraction is something the park should actually look into. But not in the toons building. Honestly I'd think somewhere as close to the entry of the park as possible, with displays of props from Movies as well as set mock ups from things that may have been filmed in the studios. It'd be quite cheap to build, cheap to maintain, and would give the non-riders something to do while the rest of their group goes on the big rides. As for the tunes building, I think 1 of two things should go in there: a collection of kiddie rides, or whatever the biggest, highest capacity family thrill ride (less intense than wwf, but a bit more adventitious than river ride) will fit in. Relaunch the area by replacing a few of the outdoor rides (starting with Speedy Taxies) and IMHO they'd be on a winner

Alas I don't know. I reckon it'd be pretty awesome if you could convert the area above the emporium/ops office into a useable space, and have a ramp up there by the old upgrade booth, but I fear we'd be talking mega bucks to do that. Probably somewhere off the Superman plaza, so either in the heilix, or between Superman and studio admin might work though. I'm really not picturing anything to massive here, just a small building where people can wander around and have a look at real movie memorabilia, and small set mock ups. Anyone who has done the WB studio tour in LA might be able to picture what I'm seeing, as they have a museum as part of the tour. Oh, and I don't care if I'm a monster. Such a low capacity, low grade piece of crap attraction like speedy's doesn't deserve to exsist at a shopping center never mind a proper theme park. If kids want to drive, Taz's Hollywood cars still exsist. Honestly, I'd rather see Speedy's be turned into a shady expanse of benches, and see a new ride go into Rocket Ride's old location.

Edited by joz

I think a walk through 'museum' type attraction is something the park should actually look into. But not in the toons building. Honestly I'd think somewhere as close to the entry of the park as possible, with displays of props from Movies as well as set mock ups from things that may have been filmed in the studios. It'd be quite cheap to build, cheap to maintain, and would give the non-riders something to do while the rest of their group goes on the big rides. As for the tunes building, I think 1 of two things should go in there: a collection of kiddie rides, or whatever the biggest, highest capacity family thrill ride (less intense than wwf, but a bit more adventitious than river ride) will fit in. Relaunch the area by replacing a few of the outdoor rides (starting with Speedy Taxies) and IMHO they'd be on a winner

I actually think this is a great idea too. A movie "museum" type attraction filled with rotating props and exhibitions would be a winner, but NOT as a replacement for the the LTRR space. This would return Movie world in some sense to being about "movies" and not just rides themed to a particular franchise. It would create some balance in the park. Great idea....sign me up for it.

Such a low capacity, low grade piece of crap attraction like speedy's doesn't deserve to exsist at a shopping center never mind a proper theme park.

But when you are a kid it is/was the best thing ever. I'm not really sure why its low grade compared to any other kids ride. Personally, I'd look at just having mirror image tracks and more cars to make it work capacity wise. Could you put a walkthrough inside the Lethal Cinema? The step downs in that room aren't as large, so you could just make it a single split level space. Another option is between Superman and Studio Admin (The C shaped building east of Arkham) at least then the buiding 'walls off' the current undesirable view of the roads etc at that end of the park. Add metropolis skycraper facades and voila. Edited by Gazza

I'm thinking scrap it, it was cheap filler when it went in, and the park has outgrown it. I can't express enough just how much I think Speedy Taxies makes the park weaker. The capacity, the amount of space it takes up, and the limited appeal (it's just for kids between 3 and 10) and the fact that it's the sort of cheap attraction that you'd expect to see at a roadside tourist trap all combine in my mind to make it a prime candidate to end up on the chopping block. Lethal cinema isn't a bad idea. I'd say do it properly and level the inside of the cinema and the ramp to make it a bigger space. The only issue with having it there though is how you would have the entrance be representative of what's inside, without jarring with the Arkham theme, so probably between Superman and Studio Admin would work better. Wouldn't even need much of a facade, just has to be a nice building that fits and I reckon it'd do the trick fine.

I know I'm a bit late but I just want to point out Looney Tunes have a new show on Cartoon Network so they're not forgotten, they are well known. After going to Movie World yesterday I realised only one ride I rode was not DC themed. I love all the DC rides but I still feel they should include some different themes. So Looney Tunes would be perfect right now! A walk through attraction is something used for things like Harry Potter and Narnia which has unique environments, Looney Tunes was always drawn with buildings exactly how you would see in real life. No real appeal to enter their world. A family ride is define telly necessary for that space because right now, Justice League is doing all the work.

They should put a movie experince display themed to Batman in the chinatown theatre - display the Batmobiles that they already have and add a couple of replica props/costumes from the movies, It would be good to see movie world return to the movie magic side of things, plus it would bring a bit more life to that area of the park

Google/a dictionary didn't help?

No actually, Dictionary.com left me wondering why Gotham City Cafe would need to be re-equipped?

refurbished with a new/updated theme.

Thank you, I still feel like its placement is a little odd. Especially when there is an empty Arkham area!

No actually, Dictionary.com left me wondering why Gotham City Cafe would need to be re-equipped?

Because food prep equipment eventually gets old and needs replacing, and new systems get implemented.Kinda like what Maccas did with all their kitchens in the late 2000s.

Thank you, I still feel like its placement is a little odd. Especially when there is an empty Arkham area!

I think the placement is fine, because you don't put big food outlets in a low traffic area like that. The place it is on, is one of the main routes in the park, between Main street, and Scooby/Wild West. Families with kids etc wouldn't typically have a reason to wander down near Arkham at the moment. Edited by Gazza

I think the placement is fine, because you don't put big food outlets in a low traffic area like that. The place it is on, is one of the main routes in the park, between Main street, and Scooby/Wild West. Families with kids etc wouldn't typically have a reason to wander down near Arkham at the moment.

That makes sense, hopefully one day they do have a reason.