More Gryo Swing Rumours

joz

ok i will reply, when i first told you all about the new ride, i said it was a huss delirium, that is correct, i said this because when i was told i had just seen the foxtel documentary and i seen that ride on there, and with the picture i seen from the staff i assumed thats what it was---i didnt go looking through ride catalouges to see if intamin had one. so i guess saying it was a huss delirium i was wrong. but saying that it is the same kind of ride and thats all i cared about, telling what they were getting. second of all, i said it was going were the roundabout is, and after my discussion yesterday, i was told that it was going were the roundabout is, wheather or not it be smack bang on the roundabout or 3 meters away, i was only telling the location of where its going. its not like i was wrong and said its going near blue lagoon. but thats ok ill thank myself for the hot news i gave , its location and opening date.

Well if you insist on being so pedantic then at least get it right. The right is not a Huss Delerium!!! It is a Giant Frisbee, Delirium is a completely different model. Just because one park calls it's ride that doesn't make it suddenly the name of the model. We don't call it a Vekoma Demon do we? Or how about an Intamin Space Probe???

Well if you insist on being so pedantic then at least get it right. The right is not a Huss Delerium!!! It is a Giant Frisbee, Delirium is a completely different model. Just because one park calls it's ride that doesn't make it suddenly the name of the model. We don't call it a Vekoma Demon do we? Or how about an Intamin Space Probe???
Ialready said i was wrong about the name,and manufactuour to start with. now if you would prefer till we had the exact model spefications layout location right from the word go, e.g a few mths ago, we had may aswell not post anything about a new ride or anything because the more finer details. e.g the manufactour, specs e.t.c dont become available to much later, any later and u ,may aswell wait for the park themselves to tell everyone. All i was doing was telling u the info i got mths ago aBOUT A RIDE that looked like the delerium so that is why i siad it was that, dose it matter they are the same thing anyhow. then i just told everyone were it was going, sorry if i dont have a blue print of its exact to the mm or cm location, but telling u its at the rouindabout is good enough, finally i tell u its opening in septemper which none of u knew i thought that was great news!! but instead i get attacked

Yeah i think u guys are being a bit hard on kennykoala. He is doing his best to bring us as much news as possible. I know he was boasting a bit about his discoveries which probably isn't neccesary. However it's better than those of you who claim to know something and then don't tell us anything about it. Let's not get too caught up about the specifics of the details when really nothing is confirmed. We should be grateful for any info we can get. Kenny - you are probably right about the September opening. The parks often do that. Gives them a chance to pick up extra crowds in the Sept holidays as well as the Dec ones

No I'm not saying you were wrong bout the model/manufacturer coming to Dreamworld. Wow that would be a big harsh to expect you to get the right one out of two almost identical rides. Besides I couldn't care less whether its a huss or intamin in terms of flats... What I am talking about is that the ride you are talking about IS NOT a Huss Delirium, it is a Giant Frisbee. Delirium is a completely different ride and not the one found at the us park with the Ride named Delirium. That is what I was getting at. Why I got annoyed is that I have explained this already and still people continue to use the wrong names...

Have a look at the following links and you will see the differences between the rides. Delirium at PGA Huss Delirium Huss Giant Frisbee Intamin Gyro Swing Mondial Revolution By the way djrappa do you have 'enough rope'? And yet another Shifty special I see, you should really read your posts before you submit them. "The Bus is now leaving for Swinging Shovel, South Australia"

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with kenny on this one, from what I've also heard around the park it is going out the front of the wipeout, and what is wrong with them taking some credit? They were excited about finding out about the gyro swing. I don't see any of you getting some confirmation on things, just rumours from other sites. If they weren't telling you, you would be waiting until it is released officially. September is when it is to open.

Okay, I think it's time to settle this once and for all. 1)There is a Gyro Swing coming either before or on boxing day 2)It is going behind the roundabout, next to the sandwhich bar NOT NEXT TO THE WIPEOUT! There is a 20 metre gap or so between the Wipeout and the roundabout, with a sandwhich bar and grass area inbetween, so get it right folks okies? 3)It is made by Ride Trade, NOT INTAMIN, while they are the same company, the RIDE TRADE division produces the Gyro Swing model. 4)Tony Braxton-Smith has not yet resigned but is definitely going to over the next 2 months unless pursuaded other-wise to stay somehow. Now before you question me, i know a good half of ride-ops very well and know other administrators etc. in the park who will prefer to remain nameless, or at least i think they would want to anyway!? Oh by the way, the Tower Of Terror went into service today in preperation for Fright Night in April 16, RR is back in action and is doing very well in regards to probably the only smooth Vekoma in the world (okay, other than rock-n-rollercoaster), the Cyclone is doing well and the Thunderbolt is fully GUTTED! ABSOLUTELY GUTTED! Even the track in the station is gone, and it is quite surprising to find how deep the station is, dare i say 2 and a half metres deep before you come to where you stand! All there is left is an unusually long bit of track, a couple of carraiges next to Tiger Island viewable from the Vortex disabled ramp, and the loops have also been gutted, so there is only big concrete slabs in the ground and THAT'S IT MAN! Cya soon guys!

Okay, I think it's time to settle this once and for all. 1)There is a Gyro Swing coming either before or on boxing day 2)It is going behind the roundabout, next to the sandwhich bar NOT NEXT TO THE WIPEOUT! There is a 20 metre gap or so between the Wipeout and the roundabout, with a sandwhich bar and grass area inbetween, so get it right folks okies? 3)It is made by Ride Trade, NOT INTAMIN, while they are the same company, the RIDE TRADE division produces the Gyro Swing model. 4)Tony Braxton-Smith has not yet resigned but is definitely going to over the next 2 months unless pursuaded other-wise to stay somehow. Now before you question me, i know a good half of ride-ops very well and know other administrators etc. in the park who will prefer to remain nameless, or at least i think they would want to anyway!? Oh by the way, the Tower Of Terror went into service today in preperation for Fright Night in April 16, RR is back in action and is doing very well in regards to probably the only smooth Vekoma in the world (okay, other than rock-n-rollercoaster), the Cyclone is doing well and the Thunderbolt is fully GUTTED! ABSOLUTELY GUTTED! Even the track in the station is gone, and it is quite surprising to find how deep the station is, dare i say 2 and a half metres deep before you come to where you stand! All there is left is an unusually long bit of track, a couple of carraiges next to Tiger Island viewable from the Vortex disabled ramp, and the loops have also been gutted, so there is only big concrete slabs in the ground and THAT'S IT MAN! Cya soon guys!
Ok, This is not a go at you!, But people there would not say that Dreamworld is getting a gyro swing to you or other people, They would be putting there job at risk by doing that. Anyway if anyone want to say **** to be cause i said this go ahead. cya

No actually thank you willsy for pointing that out and by the way, i wouldn't sink that low! Everybody in Dreamworld who works there knows about the thing, so it's common talk among staff. Dreamworld also isn't trying hide it really. Staff haven't been told to really hide it, but to keep it low about future rides. It's not job-threatening the Gyro Swing is definitely coming.... I mean did we know about the Big Dipper when it was moving? Need I say anymore?

If it was something that wasn't confirmed or was to be a big surprise then you wouldn't hear people openly talking about it. It sounds pretty definite to me too. I'm a bit lost - what do you mean the roundabout near the sandwich bar? I thought it was pretty obvious where it was going, if it was going to be near the wipeout the only area is at the back of Nick Central.

It seems like Ocean Parade is going to become the land of the flat rides. Do you really think they need another one in that area? And what's going to happen when they build more rides where Thunder Bolt was? Is it going to turn Ocean Parade into one massive themed land with multiple flat rides or do you think they will turn that area into a separate theme?

Flat rides don't hurt. They're high capacity, even with Neanderthals operating the things. I would assume that Thunderbolt's spot won't be keeping the Ocean Parade theme, or that'll just become unproportionally big. Give it another theme, or better yet, no theme at all. Just make it look pretty with nice paths, gardens and trees, and a few shops here and ammenities. I just hope that they get a bit creative with the land there, even if it's a huge lot. Unfortunately, creativeness means a bigger price tag, which doesn't go down too well when you're presenting an idea to a Board of Directors to give you the money. Don't go and stick a big coaster that takes up most of the land or anything. Build the coaster of course, but minimise the amount of "Thunderbolt land" it uses.