Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

Well I know i am most definitely going to Perth this January to ride the new coaster..... Where is it going again? Which ride is going?

??? It's going to Adventure World?? No ride is going? Or do u mean opening? I'm confused... If you don't know what ride is opening, or where it is going - why are u so certain you want to go there?

Yep, went to the park a couple of years ago.

Not the exact area but close I beleive.

Well, its a pretty small park so all stuff is pretty close. This overlaid image shows the new coaster construction, relative to turbo mountain up in the top left.

DmkksoA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DmkksoA.jpg

And here is how the coaster looks at the moment:

wTelVXm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wTelVXm.jpg

That's correct. The area where Turbo Mountain previously occupied is now home to Adventure World's Huss Free fall tower. This new coaster will be a great addition. Since it is unlikely that I will be able to get there to visit in the near future, i am looking forward to how this ride progresses and the eventual reviews and trip reports.

Edited by Jobe

There used to be a roller coaster up in that area years ago called Turbo Mountain. Not the exact area but close I beleive.

I rode that once when i was only 7 years old in 2008. I was pretty annoyed when it was gone, though.

The website said they got rid of it in 2006, it was gone after 2009. Apparently parts were hard to find for the coaster, and shut it down, much to people's dismay. It was one of the most popular attractions the park ever had, excluding Rail Rider. Imagine how popular this thing is going to get when it opens? Going to Perth in September too to see my family. Turbo Mountain in question was an Anton Schwarzkopf Jet Star II, relocated from LPS. Gerstlauer use the old Schwarzkopf factory.

Very Quiet on The Western Front

Went down to AW again on Saturday. There's little progress on the coaster. They've put in a bit of the station floor, the kind of thing you almost smack your head on in the Saw Ride POV. On the otherside of the park a red brick building has appeared - presumably a replacement for the old toilet block. They've also put up new signs and banners announcing the coming of their new 'rollercoaster'.

post-2597-0-16986400-1376199398_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-09811600-1376199446_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-09047800-1376199488_thumb.jp

More pictures from http://adventureworld.net.au/#/news-events/mi1-construction-photos/ They are also doing this "Adventure World announces that refurbishment of the Grand Prix Race Track will take place prior to the new season launch on 26 September 2013. As further enhancement following the extensive repainting or "pimping" of the cars undertaken prior to the end of last season, the 30 year old track will be resurfaced and associated landscaping completed. The new smoother track surface will mean a smoother ride for all. The race track team will be sporting themed uniforms in the new season for an even more authentic racing experience! Stop back soon for progress photos. Network Ten have confirmed an additional 2 year sponsorship of this very popular ride that now sports a bright white Channel Ten branded archway tyre and entertainment signage from some of their most popular programmes across the network. Additional corporate sponsorships are available for this ride. All enquiries can be directed to marketing@adventureworld.net.au for further information."

post-29448-0-35864700-1376827781_thumb.j

post-29448-0-90968300-1376827791_thumb.j

post-29448-0-13063800-1376827802_thumb.j

post-29448-0-99638200-1376827813_thumb.j