Hollywood Stunt Driver 2

themagician

I'm guessing not cars as they would most likely bottom out at the base of it. So that leaves motorcycles... But then that begs the question, why 3 ramps? Showtime FMX have proven that 3 guys can use 1 ramp at the same time and be in the air all at once... Unless... they will swap bikes in mid air...

I'm guessing not cars as they would most likely bottom out at the base of it. So that leaves motorcycles... But then that begs the question, why 3 ramps? Showtime FMX have proven that 3 guys can use 1 ramp at the same time and be in the air all at once... Unless... they will swap bikes in mid air...

That isn't three ramps, it's three PIECES of ONE RAMP. If you take a look at the FMX trailers, the launch ramp is a little wider than the motorcycle handlebars.... let's say about a metre wide... but the landing ramp needs to be much wider - because depending on what stunt they do, their bike may land further to the side of the centreline.

When you look at the mobile FMX landing ramp (the truck) you'll see that when they pack it up to move, the outside 500mm (maybe even up to 1m) fold over on top of the rest of the truck body. You want to make your landing zone as big as possible to reduce the margin of error... plain and simple.

Looking at the contour of the ramps in place, and the one they're lifting in, i'd say it's just the centre piece, and is being lifted onto the already in place frame.

still fucking ugly though.

Movie World have put this on their website:

The new Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 show is racing into Warner Bros. Movie World on Thursday February 20!
With death-defying aerial stunts and extreme precision driving preformed by the best stunt crew in the country, Showtime FMX, this action-packed movie making adventure is sure to have you on the edge of your seat.
Be part of the excitement of a real movie set as your Director and his crew take you behind the scenes of a shoot for an all new action blockbuster. This is a stunt show you won’t want to miss!
post-29557-0-06910600-1392368221_thumb.j
Edited by themagician

The jumps have been covered in the Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 Logo over and over again. I must say it looks so crap, so i hope it is temporary. It would have looked good if they covered the front of the jump with another building, so it would look like they are jumping into the building. Also the high fall is off a tower of scaffolding onto a air mattress just sitting there, so hopefully that is hidden as well.

If the lack of theming is indeed true it is quiite dissapointing.

Ive been satisfied with the theming of Movie world with their last few attractions.

Green lantern was fine and Arkham Asylum was pretty good. Im not saying that they are Disney standard (maybe California Adventure v 1.0 :P)

I really would have prefered they just bring back the police academy show. That was really good

The exposed air mattress I can understand if it is used to show how it is done since that is how they show it in Lights Motor Action and other stunt shows as well. The scaffolding for the high fall I would only understand if it is a "construction worker" high falling, otherwise no excuse. The ramps, even canvas wrapping with brickwork or a shop front would be more favourable to HWSD2 covering and would be more readily available as well.

From what we have seen I personally am lead to believe that this is not going to be a long term show otherwise something more permanent would have been put into place (scaffolding for high fall as example). I am wondering if the diner/petrol station/gym are even theming for this show and not for something we may see in the future as neither the Italian theme nor the 50's theme seem to fit with the vehicles shown in the promotional shots.

I also agree that while VR have wowed with theming (Battleboats, Storm, JL3D, Arkham) this has fallen dramatically, that is if this was done by VR.

Slight deviation... Any idea on times this will be running or are we at this point assuming the same as HWSD was?

This shows where the mattress/scaff will be

http://statigr.am/p/658426743446718867_28519241

edit -

seems like an oversized ramp for 1 bike - http://statigr.am/p/654516666918652443_28519241 - interesting to see what they do with it

Looks like they've been working with these guys too.

http://www.nyfa.edu.au/locations/gold-coast.php

Edited by reanimated35

Rean, where did you make the connection to the NYFA guys? I looked at the link, I can't see a connection, other than proximity...

Just trying to find it again now, but one of the pics on their instagram mentions them finishing up a long day working with NYFA for the new show.

in the meantime, they've covered the ramp

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/75c393c2993d11e3ae7f129f892c173a_8.jpg

^That's from their instagram too.

edit - Ah here we go....

http://statigr.am/p/653342718164093420_28519241

"Awesome job today from the whole team. 10 hours of shooting with the New York Film Academy. Thanks again for the big effort from everyone.#showtimefmx"

So not sure exactly what they've been doing with them, but it's been something.

Edited by reanimated35

seems like an oversized ramp for 1 bike - http://statigr.am/p/654516666918652443_28519241

As i've said before, usually you need a much bigger down-ramp because some of the tricks kick the bike sideways - it gives a greater margin for error. They also do ride up the down ramp to gee up the crowd parked at the top - so they do need space to turn around. They have also done 2 and 3 riders consecutively, and each of them 'tangents' off to a different part of the landing ramp so they don't all hit in the same place in case of a crash.

in the meantime, they've covered the ramp

"Awesome job today from the whole team. 10 hours of shooting with the New York Film Academy. Thanks again for the big effort from everyone.#showtimefmx"

The covering is probably better than I expected. It's not great - but it's no worse than the 'door' that the car used to drive through at the end that was constantly blown by the wind...

As for NYFA - my guess is - work experience for them, and cheap (free?) promotional film crew for them to do the new advertisements, as well as any 'on-screen' footage within the arena...

One little concern I have looking at some of those pics - does this new ramp block the big-screen for guests at the extreme northern end of the arena?

As i've said before, usually you need a much bigger down-ramp because some of the tricks kick the bike sideways - it gives a greater margin for error. They also do ride up the down ramp to gee up the crowd parked at the top - so they do need space to turn around. They have also done 2 and 3 riders consecutively, and each of them 'tangents' off to a different part of the landing ramp so they don't all hit in the same place in case of a crash.

The covering is probably better than I expected. It's not great - but it's no worse than the 'door' that the car used to drive through at the end that was constantly blown by the wind...

As for NYFA - my guess is - work experience for them, and cheap (free?) promotional film crew for them to do the new advertisements, as well as any 'on-screen' footage within the arena...

One little concern I have looking at some of those pics - does this new ramp block the big-screen for guests at the extreme northern end of the arena?

Re the ramp - yes, but for years they've had the smaller ramp on the back of the truck doing the same tricks. They've been able to turn around the existing ramp, and they've had 2 or 3 people on the ramp and jump a bike over them on their existing ramp. I guess we'll have to see what they have in store.

I'm happy they've covered it regardless.

I'm hoping at least that if the riders are doing a little acting as well as their tricks that they've had at least a little bit of coaching from them. Nothing more awkward than sports stars who are forced to "act" for a camera when they clearly don't want to.

Does a view of the screen matter though? I mean you're there to see it live, but again it depends on what they utilise the screen for.