2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

That doesn't mean that it won't be a bad change.

It's Dreamworld remember? They will continue to make shit choices... No wonder they have to replace 2 CEOS in less in 4 years...

That could be quite fun

God no.. The ride is bad as it is already.. Edited by The_Ninja_59

You guys are complaining because we're getting another spinning flat ride. Admittedly it's a disappointment because we could have something so much better but put it this way. What would you rather?

a. Reef Diver & Stingray
b. a Power Surge or Energy Storm or whatever will be put in

Just like Pandamonium, would you rather an air race or the old mountain? It's an improvement, may only be a small step but it's an improvement.

Edited by downunder191

I would prefer them to have saved there money with the last few rides.. For every 3 rides they could of brought one descent ride. On a side note the current owners have not put in any great rides that make me want to go.

I think the laser show was a waste of money. It only looked good for the first time while the people who installed it where running it, v8 cars, laser tag remodelling and the IMAX. The list goes on and on for me. If they didn't waste all this money then what could they have brought by now.

Edited by skeetafly

Maybe it's because I'm a V8 fan, but that thing is pathetic. It's a NASCAR simulator. It was built as a NASCAR simulator. The graphics look circa 1999, the gears are in stupid places, the teams and drivers you're racing as I'm pretty sure don't even exist any more. (Ignoring the liveries, they change annually)

Had they invested a little more money in it it could have been great. In its current state, it doesn't deserve to be an upcharge.

Maybe it's because I'm a V8 fan, but that thing is pathetic. It's a NASCAR simulator. It was built as a NASCAR simulator. The graphics look circa 1999, the gears are in stupid places, the teams and drivers you're racing as I'm pretty sure don't even exist any more. (Ignoring the liveries, they change annually)

Had they invested a little more money in it it could have been great. In its current state, it doesn't deserve to be an upcharge.

Yeah, I get pretty much the same experience at home with a PC wheel, except for the cockpit setup.

At the easter show, there was a guy running rFactor with the same wheel I have, but set up with a moving seat. >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX8YPjRLIsc

I think it was $15 for what was only a few laps. Really making a mint there, it was pretty popular as well.

This is a first for me but this is what Dreamworld have driven me to. I would be wiling to pay an up charge for a new ride to help pay it off. The ride of course would have to blow my mind. Dreamworld already add charges for a lot of things and as long as they stoped charging for it once it was paid off would be worth it. You could incorporate this charge into the yearly passes. One pass could be the spin and spew pass and the other pass could be blow your mind pass.

You guys are complaining because we're getting another spinning flat ride. Admittedly it's a disappointment because we could have something so much better but put it this way. What would you rather?

a. Reef Diver & Stingray

Just like Pandamonium, would you rather an air race or the old mountain? It's an improvement, may only be a small step but it's an improvement.

I Agree would we rather dreamworld with new rides (Small Improvements) Or Dreamworld with no new rides and go out of business

What would you rather?

a. Reef Diver & Stingray

Honestly? I'm going with "A" - i'd prefer reef diver and stingray.

Here we have TWO HIGH CAPACITY attractions, that are a mild-medium thrill that many people can (and do ride). Now let's just assume it will be a power surge for the purposes of a comparison -

Power Surge: 24 riders, manufacturer's height restriction 122cm (some are 132cm)

Reef Diver: 40 riders, height restriction 110cm

Stingray: 36 riders, height restriction 110cm

So you're taking away two rides that younger kids can ride as they "graduate" from the kiddie rides, that can collectively handle 76 riders per cycle, with a mid-thrill that the whole family can enjoy, and replacing it with something that will eliminate kids 22cm taller than those who were riding Diver or Stingray, that can only handle 24 riders per cycle, with a high thrill that most parents would probably shy away from, and some kids would too. (looks to Liz.wiz for an opinion on that)

(Edit: Liz has said previously she sticks with Dreamworld because they have the better offering for her kids - more variety at their levels etc - if DW continue to replace these "middle of the road" rides with extreme ones that are not only a much higher thrill, but also a much taller height restriction - I predict Liz may convert as the kids grow...)

I mean don't get me wrong - replacing high capacity stalwarts with low capacity one-trick ponies is Dreamworld's thing - but the question was what would I rather.

I'm not complaining that we're getting a new ride - but as has been said - if they stopped wasting money on these gimmicky one-trick ponies and just built solid attractions (even if we had to wait an extra year for each one) they'd be back on top again. They really are the Six Flags of the coast - except Six Flags at least recognised that the way to get people through the door was to build coasters (never mind that you can't ride them all in a single day unless you pay through the nose for it)

Edited by AlexB

So you're taking away two rides that younger kids can ride as they "graduate" from the kiddie rides, that can collectively handle 76 riders per cycle, with a mid-thrill that the whole family can enjoy, and replacing it with something that will eliminate kids 22cm taller than those who were riding Diver or Stingray, that can only handle 24 riders per cycle, with a high thrill that most parents would probably shy away from, and some kids would too. (looks to Liz.wiz for an opinion on that)

(Edit: Liz has said previously she sticks with Dreamworld because they have the better offering for her kids - more variety at their levels etc - if DW continue to replace these "middle of the road" rides with extreme ones that are not only a much higher thrill, but also a much taller height restriction - I predict Liz may convert as the kids grow...)

I mean don't get me wrong - replacing high capacity stalwarts with low capacity one-trick ponies is Dreamworld's thing - but the question was what would I rather.

I'm not complaining that we're getting a new ride - but as has been said - if they stopped wasting money on these gimmicky one-trick ponies and just built solid attractions (even if we had to wait an extra year for each one) they'd be back on top again. They really are the Six Flags of the coast - except Six Flags at least recognised that the way to get people through the door was to build coasters (never mind that you can't ride them all in a single day unless you pay through the nose for it)

If the new ride is the Power Surge, and the height restriction is over 120cm, we'll have no choice but to skip it for now.

A bit of background, my daughter is only 5, but somewhat of a thrill seeker, and pretty tall for her age - she's coming in just under 120cm, likely she'll hit it before our passes expire at the end of the year though, opening up a good number more rides by height - she's absolutely hanging out for shockwave, Cyclone (as it loops, and she hasn't been tall enough for any others), and maybe Giant Drop (I question the suitability for her age). She did get a couple of goes on Reef Diver before it closed down. We had VIP passes the previous 4 years (mostly going just to MW as it's a much quicker trip), but not a lot to do there other than WWF (usually with a long queue), and Rocket Rollercoaster (n.b. was technically 18 months ago when she was under 110cm, so no Scooby either).

If we were to go back to MW, she's still not tall enough for Arkham, Space Shot, Superman Escape, Green Lantern.

In another couple of years, we'll absolutely go back, as they're much better rides IMO.

We also have a 2 year old, who is content with Wiggles World, plus gets to go on the family ones like River Rapids and Log Ride, plus a couple of the younger Dreamworks Rides.

I agree the capacity is a bit of an issue, while I'm not a spin and spew person myself, things like Reef Diver where good fill-in rides, not a lot of queueing involved.

Guys, it's not like the end of the world or anything. Lets take our minds off Dreamworld and move to white water world... what do you think they will put there?

Another low capacity one trick pony shoe horned into an existing park with no thought to cohesiveness or suitability, and purely just so they can say "see? we added a new one!"