Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ that latest artwork is making the monster eye appear more cartoonish and less scary... it's starting to look like it's oscar the friendly alligator* rather than any monster... the earlier teaser art was much 'darker' in it's tone...

(*does not actually exist)

feedback noted, thanks.

More mentions of the monster and the latest picture of the work site on AW's facebook page.  It's getting mighty cold in Perth - goodluck for tomorrow, Mark.

11406953_10153331047444564_740041067793519975_n.jpg

10945654_10153331004319564_6510848643616189715_n.jpg

Thanks regarding the sleepout and a big thank you to everyone who has kindly supported my efforts. if you haven't yet donated and would like to there is still time at: https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/ceos/wa-ceos/mark-shaw/

Thanks!!

I have spent the last few days going through trip reports and this whole thread in it's entirety. All I can say is wow this place looks incredible. 

I am disabled and when I went to Disney back in 2013 I actually passed out on the last day in the park. I have since learned my lesson and when I go to Queensland at the end of the year will be hiring a wheelchair. 

I am so jealous of the people who get to visit this park haha. This seems like the perfect park for someone like me- someone who can't take the whole day rushing but instead can take it at whatever pace I wanted to and just take in the beautiful scenery and incredible atmosphere. 

Wishing I didn't live in NSW so I could go or at least that flights to WA weren't so expensive

Yeah, it's a great little park to hang out at - very picturesque. You'd love the cabanas: they're extremely relaxing and an awesome place to go for some peace and quiet during a busy day. Mark and his team have done an excellent job of boosting the quality of service. That reminds me, not long until the new season pass sale starts: I'm a rusted on season pass holder now.

From AW's Facebook page 

Latest shots from the new $7m water slide construction site showing a hefty sized splashdown pool is now in the ground and that the concrete footings are about ready for the steel work to be attached! It's going to be a MONSTER of a week! Bring it on!

Look at all the steel down the bottom of the hill. This is really going to be massive from the looks of things. On a side note: Does anyone else think that its just going to zig zag down the mountain from the look of the positioning of the footers?

10848019_10153346365934564_4966052057276381224_n.jpg

11168756_10153346365994564_7714899186721297786_n.jpg

Video from AW's Facebook page. Throwback Thursday. https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage/videos/vb.92438924563/10153353301639564/?type=2&theater

...and also from 2001 our TV commercial suggested "most rides don't even get you wet"! Well come October you'll be sliding down the #tallest #steepest #longest water slide of its kind on the planet AND riding Australia's best roller coaster - the best of both worlds! What a difference 14 years makes.

Edited by Tim Dasco
Forgot to include something

Mark Shaw. You are such a cool, engaging, down to earth guy. Them out of touch GC CEO's just looking to line their pockets got nothing on you. Please keep it up, its so refreshing.

And congrats on the success and new ride thats coming ;-)

Pop,

This is a really nice comment, thank you. The credit really goes to the AW team and board, I'm just the guy who gets to enjoy working with an incredible team, with a beautiful park with lots of potential to keep improving. It really is a labour of love! for all of us. The best pay check for us really is seeing thousands of people coming together and having a great time together, with family, with friends or both. that's the real payback. Bring on the glorious Perth summer 2015/16!!

We've just been reviewing some progress photos on the theming on the new slide and I think its as good, possibly better than Abyss so we are really excited for the reveal.  We are also excited about a whole raft of other small improvements across the park currently being worked on. More cabanas, more shade, better music cover and themed music/sound zones, and much more. ( lots of people say "much more" when they have just actually said pretty much everything but in this case its meant literally and more details will be revealed over the course of the next 3 months)  suffice to say, this is actually the busiest period of the year for the core team trying to get as many improvements made in a relatively small window (considering a lot of our guys take annual leave too right now!). watch out for a brand new website around September along with platinum season passes and 2 day passes.

oh, and a sleepover event for season pass holders, courtesy of a shared idea from this forum ;)

We will give you a sneak reveal a few hrs before the media story reveal sometime in the next month cos we really do appreciate our enthusiasts! As for "cool", ask my kids or pretty much anyone who knows me and they will quickly put you right on that idea!! lol.

teaser campaign first reveal will likely happen in the next 3-4 weeks depending on media availability.

Mark.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide