Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heading to the airport now... can't wait!

Hope you had a great day. its a bit hot though today!

Hope you had a great day. its a bit hot though today!

We also have our "Big Day out" event on for the patients and families of Ward B3 oncology at Princess Margaret Hospital today so there are a few additional entertainment things going on for them. Its our favourite day of the whole year,.... being able to do something nice for these families.

Pretty much. I went to Tayto Park for construction shots last month (http://www.themeparks.ie/europe/tayto/) but this will be the first park that's actually open.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the temperature though. Right now it's 1º at home...

Edited by Noxegon

Thanks for that :)

I'll write a trip report in due course, but initial thoughts:

- The park is barely recognisable from 2008 (but in a good way) – I love the standard of theming and overall presentation. The doors/chimneys on the trees were a nice touch.

- The staff were great – it's no exaggeration to describe them as the friendliest and most enthusiastic staff we've encountered anywhere. I can't emphasise enough how much this made our day. The guy on top of the Sky Lift made a point of congratulating us for walking up to the top – apparently that doesn't happen too often :)

- The standard of food was excellent (though the price tag did sort of reflect that - we spent $51 on food for two of us between our lunch and a light breakfast snack).

- The Sky Lift takes forever - I don't remember that from my previous visit. There's a sign in the lower station quoting a maximum operating speed. I doubt the ride was doing a quarter of that, but on the plus side, it made it relatively easy to snap photographs :)

- It was great to see the old Goetzke Freefall enjoying a new life down under.

- Abyss would have been so much better if it had lap bar restraints. I love the theme, the indoor drop, and the two head choppers - especially the second one - but re-rideability was an issue today; we gave up after five laps. We preferred the back of the car as the really violent jolts were definitely worse in the front.

I'll link to a trip report when it's written.

Thanks for that :)

I'll write a trip report in due course, but initial thoughts:

- The park is barely recognisable from 2008 (but in a good way) – I love the standard of theming and overall presentation. The doors/chimneys on the trees were a nice touch.

- The staff were great – it's no exaggeration to describe them as the friendliest and most enthusiastic staff we've encountered anywhere. I can't emphasise enough how much this made our day. The guy on top of the Sky Lift made a point of congratulating us for walking up to the top – apparently that doesn't happen too often :)

- The standard of food was excellent (though the price tag did sort of reflect that - we spent $51 on food for two of us between our lunch and a light breakfast snack).

- The Sky Lift takes forever - I don't remember that from my previous visit. There's a sign in the lower station quoting a maximum operating speed. I doubt the ride was doing a quarter of that, but on the plus side, it made it relatively easy to snap photographs :)

- It was great to see the old Goetzke Freefall enjoying a new life down under.

- Abyss would have been so much better if it had lap bar restraints. I love the theme, the indoor drop, and the two head choppers - especially the second one - but re-rideability was an issue today; we gave up after five laps. We preferred the back of the car as the really violent jolts were definitely worse in the front.

I'll link to a trip report when it's written.

Thanks for the great feedback, especially about the team. I have already passed this on to be shared at our daily briefs as I know the team love to get the feedback.

I'll check on the skylift speed and get back to you. It is slow! The Abyss would probably have been running at max speed on Sunday due to the 40 degree heat (hence the jolts). You are fortunate the mercury didn't reach 41 deg because we have to shut Abyss down!

Thanks for coming to AW and i'll keep an eye out for the full report. Mark

Pretty much. I went to Tayto Park for construction shots last month (http://www.themeparks.ie/europe/tayto/) but this will be the first park that's actually open.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the temperature though. Right now it's 1º at home...

Wow - simply wow. I love your shots of the woodie construction. What time of day was that? There's not a finer sight.

post-2597-0-44610200-1423576439.jpg

I think it is amazing that Mark is on this form and active. Also that he takes on our criticism. Well done Mark! Well done!

* on a side not Mark. When can we expect to see info coming out about MI2?

Tim

We are just experience a few speed bumps and challenges in the project just now (as is common with very large projects) and so I would feel more comfortable sharing once we have overcome the turbulence just in case there are any last minute changes we need to make. That would be in around 4-5 weeks time.

Out of curiosity, why does the ride have to be shut down in @ 41 degrees?

Reanimated, steel starts to bend above 40 degrees so its safer to not take risks and close the ride and that is Gerstlauer's formal recommendation. It only happened once this season I believe.

Slick

Love your photography. Sorry to tell you this photo however was taken by our photographer for the new brand launch.

Mark.

My bad, thought it was this one at first glance off my iPhone.

IMG_2971.jpg

I'm sure you've read my thoughts about the ride, but in case you haven't - tremendous job. I know a lot of us have spoken about having a park pick up a Eurofighter for years, never did I think for a million years it would've been Adventure World, and given the quality of the whole setup I stand by my words in saying that you've really put yourselves on the map as a must see destination that rivals the east coast parks. Really big kudos.

My bad, thought it was this one at first glance off my iPhone.

IMG_2971.jpg

I'm sure you've read my thoughts about the ride, but in case you haven't - tremendous job. I know a lot of us have spoken about having a park pick up a Eurofighter for years, never did I think for a million years it would've been Adventure World, and given the quality of the whole setup I stand by my words in saying that you've really put yourselves on the map as a must see destination that rivals the east coast parks. Really big kudos.

Thanks Slick, I appreciate your kind words on behalf of the team. We are lucky to have a great team here who are gaining the benefit of working together for some time now, passionate, connected, focussed and capable. We will continue our commitment to continuously improve our product and have an exciting 8 year plan being fine tuned right now. Population constraints here in Perth do tend to have a downward pressure on the scale of our investments but as long as we see demand and growth in relation to the investments then we will keep investing. Aside from that we continue to focus on park presentation standards and most importantly, guest/team member interactions and service. That is an AWesome photo!!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide