Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

From Chants website:

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 1.22.07 pm.png

Source: http://chantsamusements.com.au/rides/roller-coaster/

The PL ride would normally be in the process of construction this week as its 34 days till the Perth Royal Show. So if its not set up this week its most likely not going to be there this year. They normally set it up before anything else arrives at the site. This is so they can lay the whole coaster piece out across the whole sideshow alley and then put it together. But Show West have been trying to sell a lot of their gear lately.

But we will know very soon as we get closer to show date.

Edited by Tim Dasco

1 minute ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I went past at lunch time and nothing is happening in the way of setup.

Looks like Python Loop, The Beast (new KMG XXL) and Megadrop are all confirmed for the Melbourne Show this year! Really looking forward to trying out the new Beast! Although a bit hesitant towards the python loop; aren't looping pinfari coasters really rough?

https://royalshow.com.au/attractions/rides/coca-cola-thrillseekers-carnival/

Edited by Luke

Python loop is not to painful. Although in 2009 my friend went on it with me and she hit her head on it and had a headache for a while. Surprised Mega Drop is heading to Melbourne instead of Perth. Is 4 days gap between Perth and Melborune enough time for a ride to travel from Melbourne to Perth? (Also surprised its not heading to Adelaide)  @iwerks have fun telling people that. :)

Edited by Tim Dasco

That really sucks for us in Perth, as the dates for the Melbourne Show overlap with Perth's. Way more than Bounty's Revenge, I'm going to miss PL. Sure, it's a little rough, but it was one of two rollercoasters we have in Perth. The Pinfari looping coaster was used as the basis for the Indiana Jones coaster at Disney parks. According to that site, it's one of six rollercoasters at the Melbourne Show. I sure hope the PRS has some pleasant surprises for us because this news is bad.

Am I reading this incorrectly, @Tim Dasco? Melbourne Show - 17-27 September. Perth Show - 24 Sept - 1 October.

Nop. I read the dates wrong. Yours are write. Have fun telling people about Python Loop and the Mega Drop. But it didn't surprise me that they sold PL. They used it twice a year. They were never really gong to make a load of money by having it in shipping containers all year.

The PRS must not be happy considering last year they made a loss of 2 Million. It cost them 13 million and they only made 11 million last year. (If i find the article I will post it)

Edited by Tim Dasco

Yeah it does look like you're losing some great rides for the PRS this year....@iwerks & @Tim Dasco. Do the PRS/RMS organisers have a say as to what rides they get :/ ? Or is it up to the carnival ride operators like Chants and Goldenway Amusements?

On a side note, when you think about it, Australia has a great travelling ride selection. And it keeps growing, with new rides being bought regularly in recent years. Since 2013, from KMG alone, Aus has received The Beast (KMG XXL), Avenger (KMG Discovery 2.0), Rebel (KMG Inversion), Speed 2 (KMG Speed), Freak Out (KMG Freakout).

And all but 2 come from one company. I think the Royal show does have some say in terms of some operators but at Perth the PRS organisers will contract the Western Australia showmens ascotiation to have a large portion of the rides (marches great, west coast carnivals, show west, carnival amusmtnets, and a few others). Then I believe they would have contracts between event organisers at the PES and Goldenway amusmtnets, bells, L&L Osborune Showtime amusmtnets, (whoever owns the space roller)

or I think this might be true. The western Australian showmens ascotiation have the contract and they get their members into the show and then they contact other companies to fill the void or to get interstate rides. Not quite sure which one is correct.