Dreamworld shifts to Pepsi drinks

Jlindsell

I'm pretty sure we all prefer Max over Zero. The only place that really sold Pepsi here other than a supermarket is KFC.

As reanimated said, strange assumption. I know plenty of people who prefer Zero. Pepsi Max does outsell Pepsi 5:1 though in supermarkets, and outsells Coke Zero by over 20:1. 2nd highest soft drink sales behind Coke

Plenty of places have Pepsi post mix too, including Pizza Hut, KFC, Sizzler, Reading Cinemas

Edited by Brad2912

As reanimated said, strange assumption. I know plenty of people who prefer Zero. Pepsi Max does outsell Pepsi 5:1 though in supermarkets, and outsells Coke Zero by over 20:1. 2nd highest soft drink sales behind Coke

Plenty of places have Pepsi post mix too, including Pizza Hut, KFC, Sizzler, Reading Cinemas

Given that you can buy Pepsi Max @ 2L for $2 there's a pretty good chance it's going to outsell Coke

Given that you can buy Pepsi Max @ 2L for $2 there's a pretty good chance it's going to outsell Coke

I'm talking in general, obviously different promotions effect weekly sales volumes, as usually they switch between Pepsi/coke brands weekly, but as an annual average is what I was walking about

It's funny that in the same breath as telling Yoshi not to make assumptions on what people prefer, he also makes the statement that Coke Zero is way better than Pepsi Max. He definitely is LOL, man.

Different promotions don't really matter - typically if coke is on special at coles, pepsi is on special at woolworths, and vice versa. It tends to alternate each week so it's always on special somewhere. That said - Pepsi product is consistently cheaper than coke products. I use the can cube as a barometer - and consistently Pepsi can cubes sell at approximately 50c a can ($15 for a 30 pk). Coke 30 packs normally sell "on special" for $22-23.

Regardless of what the price points are and how that affects sales, it's the sales results that matter. You can't just say Pepsi max will sell more because it's cheaper. Nobody is going to buy something they don't like. I hate aniseed flavours - so if I went to buy jelly beans, and they had mixed colour for $5 and black only for $2... i'm still going to pay $5.

I've got a challenge for those of you who are staunch supporters of one flavour...

Switch - for 2 weeks - to the other side. If you prefer Max - drink coke zero only for 2 weeks. (and vice versa). They say that your tastebuds take up to a week to adjust to new different flavours... this is why water might taste funny if you move house to a different region... but after settling in, you don't notice it anymore (same as moving to or from tank water).

I guarantee any staunch supporter of one or the other will change their tune after two weeks....

Mountain Dew Code Red was never intended to be a standard line, Schweppes often release variants of different drinks every now and then for marketing campaigns. Pepsi Max is Schweppes best selling drink flavour, even out selling standard Pepsi, Mountain Dew is actually a rather poor performer in terms of sales, and last year when Mountain Dew had caffeine added in Australia, sales actually dipped further, but Asahi (The Japanese Owners of Shweppes/Pespsi Australia), want the range to be "standard" worldwide, and Australia was one of the only countries selling Mountain Dew without caffeine as standard.

Mountain Dew Code Red was never intended to be a standard line, Schweppes often release variants of different drinks every now and then for marketing campaigns. Pepsi Max is Schweppes best selling drink flavour, even out selling standard Pepsi, Mountain Dew is actually a rather poor performer in terms of sales, and last year when Mountain Dew had caffeine added in Australia, sales actually dipped further, but Asahi (The Japanese Owners of Shweppes/Pespsi Australia), want the range to be "standard" worldwide, and Australia was one of the only countries selling Mountain Dew without caffeine as standard.

I think it had more to do with the fact that caffeine couldn't be added to non-cola soft drinks up until a few years ago.