Accident during Stunt Driver show at Movieworld

Theme Park Girl

No different from Sea World's dreadful excuse for a ski show. These contracted shows must be a pretty good deal for the parks... they're after all giving year-round business that would help these companies retain staff, as well as decent training facilities.

The latest dolphin show proves that there is simply no writing talent within VRTP anymore. I don't know what perplexes me more: that they think that these are even vaguely worthy replacements for their predecessors, or that VIP pass holders actually line up for this crap on repeat visits.

Here's a troubling thought... Fish Detectives is now the best produced show at an Australian theme park.

• 1 month later...

MW have now remvoed the bike ramps from the show and added a police car. I went a saw the show for the first time last Saturday and it was pretty rubbish really. Yes the stunts are great, and the training they've had is good, but it is really just 10 minutes of driving around and burning rubber. They don't have the stunt man (catching on fire and falling from the scaffolding). There isn't a story at all, the theming of being in America and France doesn't make sense. MW really need to either bring in a new show, or fix this one up.

(photos from The theme park social network)

post-29557-0-91743100-1426815981_thumb.j

post-29557-0-47007800-1426822108_thumb.j

EDIT: Also, the park has really dropped some of the shows that they had a couple of years ago when I last went, besides the stunt show, Rio 4D and parade, there is no where near as many shows as there used to be. Throughout the day they have the character meet and greets and batman comes out and saves the day, but thats it. I do hope MW add a few more scheduled shows in mainstreet, or even better add a new arena show in another location (As mentioned many times, when in Wild West area).

Edited by themagician

EDIT: Also, the park has really dropped some of the shows that they had a couple of years ago when I last went, besides the stunt show, Rio 4D and parade, there is no where near as many shows as there used to be. Throughout the day they have the character meet and greets and batman comes out and saves the day, but thats it. I do hope MW add a few more scheduled shows in mainstreet, or even better add a new arena show in another location (As mentioned many times, when in Wild West area).

I've noticed that MW has preferred to do almost spontaneous showings (at least to guests anyway). For instance, the Great Gatsby show and meet doesn't appear on the showtimes, it just occurs around lunch time.

• 1 month later...

The new version of the show is undoubtedly the worst show I've seen at any theme park. It is now primarily two utes, some sort of buggy and a couple of hot rods that don't do much other than to distract the audience from the fact that nothing is really happening. The trailer at the end is so bad that you actually believe it was shot and cut during the 9 minute show.

The original HWSD is miles and miles ahead of this.

While I'm on my VRTP rant - JL was closed for a good chunk of the day with no one out front, just chained off with a closed sign. Scooby was also down. When it opened, zero fog in the main room and barely audible music. Horrid operations on Superman again.

At Sea World, painfully slow operations on Jet Rescue. Have to wonder if this is questionable procedures or just operators that are over their job, but on multiple occasions the train sat in unload for a long time and grouping wouldn't be done until the train was in load, despite having more than enough staff.

Edited by Flea

Wow - so the 'garage' looks as though they've knocked out the front facade of the building and set up the inside of it to look like a mechanic type shop... interesting twist.

Of course, it'd look better if the old 'jewellry display case' on the left wall wasn't still there, but cut in half...

Then again it'd also look better (in line with the apparent 'brisbane' based smash repairer next door) if the entire set wasn't italian themed. Is it really that hard to hit the buildings with some cement render to do away with the now fatigued italian buildings and make them look more believeable? Heck - the 'bridge' in the middle could easily be themed to look like a local rail bridge instead of the current 'cobblestone' look they've got.

I guess we have to be thankful the park is at least TRYING to make things look a bit better instead of those giant motorcycle jumps with the fake brick wall wraps.

I agree, but they may still be doing upgrades to the themeing for a couple of months. They aren't rushing into it all, but hopefully once they have finished the update it will all make sense, and the show will have a decent story to it. The new vehicle will help out with the themeing as well I think:

post-29557-0-77677200-1430892319_thumb.j

Edited by themagician

So we have an Italian village, with shops sponsored by selling out to Australian companies, a petrol station from the 50's, a big ass table in the middle nowhere, posters for a show by Houdini, Australian cars and Japanese bikes. What a drawcard! Why isn't this the parks leading advertisement?!!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few pictures of the new building designs and I definitely think they missed a great opportunity to do some commercial brand tie-ins during the re-theme. Surely there'd be heaps of brands willing to pay to put their logos up on the buildings!

Oh well, maybe next time...

Edited by ash.1111