Fright Nights - 2015

Don't worry about that, we all have technical issues at one point

I find it interesting that you really like the suspenseful side. For me, while I love suspenseful films such as Psycho, I just can't stand it in mazes. I'm just want non-stop action. This year I'll try and see if I can avoid that mindset and maybe try to see just how enjoyable the tension is.

If you don't mind me asking, what HHN event did you attend? I would really love to compare this even further and see just how far FN stacks up against the global leader in the field.

Don't worry about that, we all have technical issues at one point

I find it interesting that you really like the suspenseful side. For me, while I love suspenseful films such as Psycho, I just can't stand it in mazes. I'm just want non-stop action. This year I'll try and see if I can avoid that mindset and maybe try to see just how enjoyable the tension is.

If you don't mind me asking, what HHN event did you attend? I would really love to compare this even further and see just how far FN stacks up against the global leader in the field.

Dude, I don't really want to go into this. I'm not having a debate. I told you my opinion and why so let's put this conversation to bed. I'm entitled to my opinion and I feel as though you're kinda reading into it too much. I just wanted to make my statement, not have my brain studied and picked at ?

Edited by FoolishMortal999

Dude, I don't really want to go into this. I'm not having a debate. I told you my opinion and why so let's put this conversation to bed. I'm entitled to my opinion and I feel as though you're kinda reading into it too much. I just wanted to make my statement, not have my brain studied and picked at ?

foolish, I think you've misinterpreted Zanstaba's post.

i don't think he has any intention of being critical of your opinion, nor is he trying to enter a debate. I read his comments as someone who is genuinely interested in your experiences. 

You have to expect that when you post in an open forum that others will query/question your posts, and as long as that is done politely (as is the case here) you should really be open to it. If you didn't want responses or questions you may as well write in a journal. 

I don't think he was trying to debate with you either. I actually think it's good that you feel that FN are better than HHN. Good to hear that people believe MW have an event which is world class. I've never been to HHN so I can't provide my opinion and compare the events.

Edited by themagician

foolish, I think you've misinterpreted Zanstaba's post.

i don't think he has any intention of being critical of your opinion, nor is he trying to enter a debate. I read his comments as someone who is genuinely interested in your experiences. 

You have to expect that when you post in an open forum that others will query/question your posts, and as long as that is done politely (as is the case here) you should really be open to it. If you didn't want responses or questions you may as well write in a journal. 

I'm not saying he's critical. Not at all. I'm saying I rather not go in depth with the conversation that's all as I don't really have much more to say about the topic other than the explanation i have given. 

I'm not saying he's critical. Not at all. I'm saying I rather not go in depth with the conversation that's all as I don't really have much more to say about the topic other than the explanation i have given. 

If that's all you want to say, that's fine. I'm just very curious about how our local parks and events fare on the global scene. As you can probably guess, your statement really struck a chord with me. 

A little off beat but still relevant.

Aussie World's Halloween FestEVIL is back again this year, featuring new mazes and entertainment offerings. One such new addition is "Club of the Damned", an adult entertainment lounge similar to the various clubs at Fright Nights over the years. Even more curious is someone featured in a promotional image... Anyone recognise him?12002949_897545416993734_604359371097258

Well they usually do every year don't they? My guess is that they will. I'm going on the 3rd of October (the second night) instead of my usual date of going the weekend before Halloween. Any advice to beat the lines in case they get real bad? 

Get to the park before opening, when you're allowed into the park go straight to the studios to get those two mazes done as soon as possible. Aim to get the other two done during dinner time.

If that's all you want to say, that's fine. I'm just very curious about how our local parks and events fare on the global scene. As you can probably guess, your statement really struck a chord with me. 

what do you mean by events fare on the global scene?

Even more curious is someone featured in a promotional image... Anyone recognise him?12002949_897545416993734_604359371097258

Not The Ringmaster!!! No!!!!!!!!!! 

image.thumb.jpeg.790f7933c2df52162f2255f

from MW's Snapchat.. 

looks like there could be a panic based on Insidious? 

Thoughts?

image.thumb.jpg.5020b8dd10f9ecc62ab2d3d2image.thumb.jpg.1d0d708d55381882319fb999image.thumb.jpg.efea0f1d7b67b21b2c8dea6e

I doubt it's insidious IMO. I've got a feeling these panic rooms will be generic but that's just my opinion. I wish they would inform us what their themes are - at least we know one is most likely clown related. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

what do you mean by events fare on the global scene?

Allow me to translate:

If that's all you want to say, that's fine. I'm just very curious about how our local parks and events are viewed, in comparison to other parks and events globally (ie: around the world). As you can probably guess, your statement really struck a chord with me.

I go to Halloween Horror Night, Knott's Scary Farm and numerous other US haunts every year and I think Fright Nights (which I attended for the first time last year) compares very favorably with the big boys on a number of fronts. The soundstage mazes were impressive and wouldn't look out of place at HHN. The other two mazes were pretty good, I've been in worse clown mazes than the one at FN. And the Ultimate Tour was excellent.

One the minus, the scare zones weren't quite as good and the lack of attractions relative to the size of the crowd really told.

I like what they've done this year that looks like it will improve the event (more scare zones?, better non-soundstage mazes, panic rooms, 4D film). I wish Universal Hollywood would put on something in their Shrek theatre to eat up the crowds at HHN.

Even though I'll be doing HHN on both coasts, Knotts and so on this year. I'll be up again for Fright Nights (or Night in my case).

I've done HHN in Orlando both last year and in 2010. In general, I feel our mazes are great, albeit a little bit smaller in terms of the size of the individual sets/scenes. Their throughput and efficiencies are better, too.

I think this year we'll see four A-level mazes compared to the pervious years' two, so that will mean a big improvement in terms of maze quality. It'd be nice to see a fifth maze introduced next year, though.

The biggest thing I feel Orlando has over ours is that the entire park is much more vibrant (less dead spots), and is open super late. You can relax knowing you have enough time to eat, ride one or two rides and hit most (all?) of the mazes. Ours is way too rushed.

Personally, I'd love for Movie World to introduce some more attractions/shows outside of the "central" area. Perhaps run a Halloween-themed show in the show stage and put a maze back where the Saw maze used to be (behind WWF). And if possible, run mazes until 11pm/midnight (it used to be 11pm anyway). I don't care if most of the rides have to stop, but surely they could open the park until midnight if they just run mazes/shows/SDSC/JL3D.

I've always enjoyed FN and thought that it was great each and every year, but I never knew they could hold their own against HHN. It's really interesting to see.

The biggest thing I feel Orlando has over ours is that the entire park is much more vibrant (less dead spots), and is open super late. You can relax knowing you have enough time to eat, ride one or two rides and hit most (all?) of the mazes. Ours is way too rushed.

I will agree that our event is a little tight in terms of hours but what can you do with restrictions? I agree that mazes would be better if they had even more extended hours, but I'm sure some guests would complain that the rides closed too early in the night.

As for vibrancy, seeing Psychoscareapy Unleashed at Orlando makes me wish we could have something similar. It just looks like a cacophony of chaos. A perfect addition to any haunt, IMHO.

As for vibrancy, seeing Psychoscareapy Unleashed at Orlando makes me wish we could have something similar. It just looks like a cacophony of chaos. A perfect addition to any haunt, IMHO.

I must agree I don't think I've ever been disappointed with the results of anything related to Psychoscarepy. The original, the Christmas version, the memories version etc they're all so successful in regards to atmosphere. It has a great " One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" vibe - I mean they've even played the song that Nurse Ratched played to calm the patients in the maze. Something about a group of patients creating chaos in the streets or seeing the ghosts of the victims in asylum gives me the creeps. You're right, MW needs to do something asylum themed. 

I must agree I don't think I've ever been disappointed with the results of anything related to Psychoscarepy. The original, the Christmas version, the memories version etc they're all so successful in regards to atmosphere. It has a great " One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" vibe - I mean they've even played the song that Nurse Ratched played to calm the patients in the maze. Something about a group of patients creating chaos in the streets or seeing the ghosts of the victims in asylum gives me the creeps. You're right, MW needs to do something asylum themed. 

My point wasn't really for another asylum themed maze, although now that you mention it, I would love to see one just to spice things up a bit.

What I was meaning was the new scare zone over in Orlando. It actually looks like a block party gone awry, and I love that. A lot of fans of the event are even stating that it feels vibrant and alive. That's what I would love to see. A scare zone that doesn't seem like a bunch of actors placed in a street. 

Edited by Zanstabar

Panic Rooms announced:

Cirque De La Peur:

You’re exploring an abandoned fun house but realise this is not a place of fun but that of fear. Psycho clowns trap you. They love a game. Watch out for their tricks.

Devilution

A virus has infected the human race, ‘devolving’ victims into possessed, animals. An old basement provides safe haven, but you’re not alone. You must escape. You turn to run. The door is locked...

Night Crawler

You and your team become trapped while investigating recent murders in the sewers. Something is lurking in the shadows, and has hidden the objects you need to get out.

The Playpen

A crazed red-neck has kidnapped you, believing you’re the long lost children she brutally murdered. To escape you must play Big Mama’s game. Better learn the ABC’s and remember your 1, 2, 3’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=69&v=gO1wAnvwEOk

They are $80 each

20 minutes to escape

2 - 4 people.

Edited by themagician

My point wasn't really for another asylum themed maze, although now that you mention it, I would love to see one just to spice things up a bit.

What I was meaning was the new scare zone over in Orlando. It actually looks like a block party gone awry, and I love that. A lot of fans of the event are even stating that it feels vibrant and alive. That's what I would love to see. A scare zone that doesn't seem like a bunch of actors placed in a street. 

I know what you mean haha. They did something similar in one of the mazes but instead of Halloween it was Chrismas gone wrong. I must say I think this is better than the purge. 

Panic Rooms announced:

Cirque De La Peur:

You’re exploring an abandoned fun house but realise this is not a place of fun but that of fear. Psycho clowns trap you. They love a game. Watch out for their tricks.

Devilution

A virus has infected the human race, ‘devolving’ victims into possessed, animals. An old basement provides safe haven, but you’re not alone. You must escape. You turn to run. The door is locked...

Night Crawler

You and your team become trapped while investigating recent murders in the sewers. Something is lurking in the shadows, and has hidden the objects you need to get out.

The Playpen

A crazed red-neck has kidnapped you, believing you’re the long lost children she brutally murdered. To escape you must play Big Mama’s game. Better learn the ABC’s and remember your 1, 2, 3’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=69&v=gO1wAnvwEOk

They are $80 each

20 minutes to escape

2 - 4 people.

did anyone notice in the video that Big Mama is the same actress they've used for the last four years straight in the same role. I still remember walking through HS2 and my group walked into the house and she screamed " I can't believe ya'll just walked into a strange house in the middle of the forest"? That statement alone made my night haha She's obviously doing a great job if they keep bringing her back and now giving her her own panic room ?? I wonder where the other three panic rooms will be. 

The rooms look like a great experience and all, but does anyone else have doubts about the success of these Panic Rooms? I know of a lot of GP that attend Fright Nights who find the $45 Fast Track too steep. Bumping that up to $80 for only a 20 minute experience is causing a little bit of doubt about their success within me. I want to see the event grow and become better each and every year, and I would hate to see some of their budget be thrown away on unsuccessful venture. I guess only time can tell...

As for Big Mama, it's great to see them continue characters that are their own creations. Easily my favourite part about HS2 and there's no doubt that I would love to see her return for years to come (as long as the use makes sense. She shouldn't be there for the sake of being there).

So which Panic Rooms would you guys like to go in?

If I had to choose one to go in, I would go in "The PlayPen" panic room, :)

also I just had a look at MW's Website, it appears the Panic Rooms will be more difficult then others, The PlayPen will be the hardest and the NightCrawler will be the easiest