White Christmas 2015

They may very well have had more staff rostered, but people called in sick, and they weren't able to replace them in time.

The park does get a reputation for poor staffing levels, and these are things they should focus on - especially with night events, but all the rostering in the world can't help you if your staff don't come in.

I went tonight. Was pretty much the same as last year, but they were those couple of new experiences. Once again, the atmosphere in the place is great and the people who play the elves do a fantastic job at bringing smiles to kids faces. I do think this year, it seemed like there was less snow, and more smoke. When really it should be the other way around. GL was open tonight and got to ride it a couple of times. All the queues for the rides were reasonable. Tonight I parked at the very right corner (if you are looking at the park), which in previous events has been the best spot. But tonight not so much. The photo I posted earlier was used as a second exit tonight, and directs traffic to the right. While the other exit directs traffic to the left. If you park on the right side, you'll be using that main exit, but as cars are trying to access the main exit road through car park spaces, it results in slow moving traffic. It took an hour to get out of the car park tonight, which has been the longest it's ever taken me to get off after an evening event.

Absolutely loved our first MW White Christmas event tonight!!! The kids had an absolute ball. We ended up doing the buffet which I agree was well worth the $$$, the food was delicious and oh so filling :) It was a fantastic family night out all in all, will definitely be back to do it again next year!

Big thumbs up from me :D 

11 hours ago, aaronm said:

On Saturday they had some people out there directing traffic, first time I've noticed that at one of the nighttime events.

Yep they had traffic directors out again tonight! The car park was still a bit madhouse with cars beeping at each other and a bit of aggression, but it was nothing like Fright Nights with cars being held up on one side for over an hour... at least all sides were taking turns this time round. Thank you Movieworld for listening to customer feedback, very wise move!!! :)

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

At WC - Scooby hasn't opened tonight, unfortunate bad timing! Going to feel the crowds a lot more with it not open to absorb a large chunk throughout the night 

Scooby was open and operating when we went past it around 7.30pm.... the line was all the way to the outdoor queuing area, so we didn't bother. Hubby managed to get on Superman Escape whilst the parade was on, however. Must have been about a 20 minute wait? Not too bad.

51 minutes ago, joz said:

Am I the only person who parks in the very back row on the left and never waits to exit on the forums? 

I learnt from my mistake at FN and we parked on the grass up back right next to the exit road LOL! So all we had to do was indicate and wait for a kind person to let us in be off on our merry way.... of course the latter didn't happen, there were no kind people tonight. So a slight bit of passive aggression on our part (we got beeped at anyway, hahaha XD) got us outta there quick smart :P

Meh... I'd rather be beeped at and be outta there in 2 minutes, rather than sit around for 80 minutes trapped in the car park like last time round :blink:

Here are some of my pics from the night... 

20151217_170133.thumb.jpg.ca0b9b623b3d17

20151217_170146.thumb.jpg.3b2555ae0cb83e

20151217_164020.thumb.jpg.d969e8416e16ba

20151217_173119.thumb.jpg.96d909d8826f3d

20151217_173251.thumb.jpg.c2a70cbdb0e766

20151217_173309.thumb.jpg.236504d19cccb2

20151217_182119.thumb.jpg.fe7f14791c17df

20151217_190112.thumb.jpg.a0a3f953047ae4

20151217_190620.thumb.jpg.2ce3c81a3566a7

20151217_191426.thumb.jpg.cb1f0c9464b246

20151217_191520.thumb.jpg.9485a6e11bb03c

20151217_191610.thumb.jpg.259228711b0af2

20151217_193730.thumb.jpg.35ed6e2a49c6d4

20151217_191520.jpg

20151217_200815.jpg

Edited by OceanGirl

10 hours ago, joz said:

Am I the only person who parks in the very back row on the left and never waits to exit on the forums?

Nope, all my local friends park at the back too. Smart move, it's not that much of a walk to the gate.

I might check out White Christmas on the post-Christmas date if I get a chance.

Edited by downunder

On 13/12/2015 at 6:52 PM, pin142 said:

Arrived yesterday at 4pm and they were issuing wristbands so if you want to spend a bit of time in the park before the event would suggest arriving after 4pm.

I strongly second this suggestion! We got there around the same time and were issued our wristbands at the front gate. We went straight for GL and got 2 rides in (one each) as there was virtually no line by that time, as all the day crowds were leaving. Then we went over to SE and hubby got a ride of that in before they started roping off for White Christmas.

All we had to do then was show our wristbands and jump over from one side of the rope to the other to line up for the evening event (which started at 5.30pm)☺ But getting there early made for 3 extra rides with short to no queues, and also a total of 5 hours in the park instead of the usual 3 :)