Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

The park felt quiet, but most queues were still rather long, around 30 minutes for most attractions, 45 for ToT and Buzzsaw.

The two guys operating HWSW were hilarious today.

"Please make sure you remove all loose items including hats, bags, phones, pokeballs and tiger cubs"

"Once again, make sure your phones are out of your pockets because there are no pokemon to catch on the ride"

"Enjoy the rest of your day at Dreamworld, where there are so many worlds in one... and pokemon"

On 27 June 2016 at 4:23 PM, ThemeTendo said:

As far as I know he walks everyday, it was just a one-time thing where he had "other commitments." - I probably should've mentioned that in my original post! haha

spoke to one the handlers yesterday, Kai isn't going on his walks around the park because the guests in the park found him "scary", he's also getting too big for the enclosure so he's staying in the back area with the older tigers until Tiger Island reopens. In saying this he was in the TCK enclosure for a good hour yesterdayimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

I did notice he was getting very big very quickly the other day.

Other guests finding him scary is rubbish... if you're going to a park with tigers taking up a main portion of it you'd expect to see tigers around the park. Don't go to the park if you're scared of tigers. And they're cute and cuddly not scary anyway. 

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I did notice he was getting very big very quickly the other day.

surely he didn't grow that much in the day...

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

if you're going to a park with tigers taking up a main portion of it you'd expect to see tigers around the park. Don't go to the park if you're scared of tigers. And they're cute and cuddly not scary anyway.

I wouldn't say a Tigers are main portion of the park, they are a supplementary attraction to the rides. And to say "dont go to DW if you are scared to tigers" is ridiculous. I love tigers so it wouldn't bother me (though they are hardly cuddly creatures..) but most guests wouldn't expect large tigers to be being walked by leash around the park. Being scared of an animal but comfortable knowing they are on the other side of a 10m moat or a glass window is very different to having one being walked close to you with no physical barrier. 99.9% of people are scared of tigers, your comfort with them is knowing there are barriers to stop them eating you...

took this last year at DW in the Lair. So cute & cuddly til they get hungry...

image.jpeg

Edited by Brad2912

just saw this on my FB feed 

https://www.facebook.com/events/137362660029707/?ti=icl

Dreamworld is doing a Pokemon Go event at night time, this Friday, next Thursday and Friday for $25 from 6-9pm, 

$25 so I can find more Zubats, Pidgeys and Rattatas? yeah no thanks 

4 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

just saw this on my FB feed 

https://www.facebook.com/events/137362660029707/?ti=icl

Dreamworld is doing a Pokemon Go event at night time, this Friday, next Thursday and Friday for $25 from 6-9pm, 

$25 so I can find more Zubats, Pidgeys and Rattatas? yeah no thanks 

That's actually a pretty good way to make money though, I'm sure a lot of poor losers will be sucked in.