Dreamworld Steam Train

Inverted

It's being given a minor overhaul to get it service for ANGRMS - Woodford Railway. 

There are three loco's planned for use:

Melbourne, Bundy No. 5 and the Perry (Perry is the builder's name, the loco doesn't have a name) 

The idea is to have one operating, the second ready as a backup, a third in overhaul. 

Fingers crossed Perry and Melbourne will be operating by years end. The overhaul will then start on Bundy. Once completed, the Perry will go in for a major overhaul, then Melbourne etc. Future overhaul shouldn't be as major as the loco's aren't working that hard. 

On 3 April 2016 at 6:16 PM, red dragin said:

As requested. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_145551.jpg

Perry in the shed. The wheels are still off for repairs, the cab has been shifted back to allow the boiler to be lifted & the cow catcher is off to allow for works on the tender for the other loco to be carried out indoors. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151456.jpg

DR railway carriage. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151524.jpg

Perry "cow catcher" inside the old DR carriage. 

Can't get the images to work. 

@red dragin The wheels you are referring to have been machined and returned waiting to be reinstalled, you may want to get your facts right before posting misleading information.

48 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Agreed.

They weren't under the loco, so they are still off (the loco) for repairs.

The only wheels that have been removed from the Perry was the pony truck (a set of wheels on the back of the engine). It's waiting to be refitted. I saw the pony truck behind the perry last week. The main driving wheels have not been removed at all.

21 minutes ago, WorldFun said:

@reanimated35 well I did disagree with him and red dragon is still wrong with the information he has posted.

I genuinely thought the main wheels where off too, sorry about that. Never really looked too hard underneath.

Looking forward to when both loco's are operational, the Perry team has made good progress of late. 

Yeah could we just tone it down a bit with the "get your facts straight business". 

Its not like Red Dragin was making sweeping lies or had any ill intent. I'll kindly as you to watch how you speak to your fellow members in future WorldFun. 

It's rare that any of us do jump in, most of the time people deserve some of the flack they cop, and also a lot of it is childish. But I draw the line at someone actively contributing to a topic and someone else attacking them because they weren't 100% perfect in their facts. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unsure if this is old news (I feel like I've read it somewhere on Parkz before) but this Facebook comment says DW has been "working on"...something similar to a history talk about DW's old rides etc. that would happen while travelling on the Dreamworld Express.

I guess I should cue Eureka Mountain Mine Ride comments then...

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Dreamworld have had a total of 4* steam train driver/engineers. As of last year there is now only one remaining. His name is Peter and last night (29th NOV) he celebrated his 30th year as a driver/engineer for the Dreamworld railway and it is rumoured the steam train will make a return for the Christmas school holidays🚂

• Like 5