Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

Have just tentatively booked our tickets for the 30th, which at this stage I think is our best option both work and finance wise. Plus Samantha Jade is the only one of those artists I really recognise or somewhat like lol :huh: 

Hopefully won't have to change the date due to issues with getting out of work that weekend. Fingers crossed!

Brad you may be in for a busy night there, that's Anzac Day long weekend lol :P

1 hour ago, OceanGirl said:

Have just tentatively booked our tickets for the 30th, which at this stage I think is our best option both work and finance wise. Plus Samantha Jade is the only one of those artists I really recognise or somewhat like lol :huh: 

Hopefully won't have to change the date due to issues with getting out of work that weekend. Fingers crossed!

Brad you may be in for a busy night there, that's Anzac Day long weekend lol :P

Hate to say it, but the 30th is a long weekend too! Labour Day public holiday for Qld is Monday 2nd May! Haha

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Hate to say it, but the 30th is a long weekend too! Labour Day public holiday for Qld is Monday 2nd May! Haha

Goddammit! Didn't realise that ? 

1 hour ago, downunder said:

^Though Samantha Jade > Danni Im lol (I don't know a single note of either's music).

I know a couple of Samantha Jade's songs... she did Firestarter, What You've Done to Me and Up.  You'd probably would recognise the songs more than the names of them, the first couple in particular were flogged when they first came out. Thats how I ended up becoming familiar with them anyway lol. 

I think Samantha, Dami and Cyrus were X-Factor winners (don't quote me on this, I don't really watch it as I work a lot of night shifts) whereas the rest were runners up?

Hmmmmm.... Apon further investigation, it seems a couple of them have also recently have also joined aussie soaps Neighbours & Home and Away. So they would also be recognised from that.  Good grief, looks like we are gonna be battling through large crowds of young teeniboppers throughout the night ???

• Richard changed the title to Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild
19 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

Screenshot_2016-04-13-16-34-46.png

Goddammit. I already booked my tickets for the 30th, Movieworld! And now you tell me ?

Others going this weekend might be interested to know, though... ?

Goddammit alright.   I am a top of the line vip member.  Even the CEO is not as high as me and I didn't get that email.

@OceanGirl  What special services are you providing MW? Besides the use of your kids to dig holes.

20 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

What are the food prices usually like at this thing? I'm expecting the typical theme park inflation, but not sure exactly how much to take along ?

Also, are the lines usually long for the food carts? 

can't remember what the prices were for the food last year, I think it was $14 for a slice of Pizza? I could be wrong there, it could have been 7, 

and you don't have to queue up that long for food as well, Congrats for winning the contest just make sure your kids don't go digging while you are eating tonight..

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Tonight was extremely disappointing.  Seemed very last minute. Parade started coming past Scooby and there was still entertainers and people in the street. Same track as last year and the parade must have ran too long because they just kept looping "fireball" over and over. Also way to busy. It seem entertainment is really slipping at Movie World. Fright Nights where amazing then we have that joke called white christmas. I'm really hoping that it turns around and gets better and hopefully less busy. I'm thinking tonight craziness was down to the"bring a friend for free" promotion

^Just remember that most of the time, the first night has a bit of chaos and takes a night or two for them to figure it out again. So by what you are saying, next weekend should be more organised. I did notice the craziness when driving home night, the queue to come off the high way down to MW was very long, went back to the left said of WnW (this was at 6pm).