Speculation and media beat ups - Thunder River Rapids incident

Reanimated35

5 minutes ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Intamin most definitely built the ride we have a "manual" for the ride from them. I can only assume they are trying to distant themselves from this incident due to their presence in the USA.

I noticed Parkz database also says:

While this ride has featured rafts from ride manufacturer/distributor Intamin in the past, the actual design and construction of this ride is thought to be a combination of internal Dreamworld and externally contracted engineering efforts.

...while also saying Intamin is the total manufacturer. Is the 'manual' just for the rafts or for the total ride?

2 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

Can someone please explain how they share a conveyor belt ?

They don't. @www worker 2.0 was making a joke.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 minute ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I noticed Parkz database also says:

...while also saying Intamin is the total manufacturer. Is the 'manual' just for the rafts or for the ride total?

They don't. @www worker 2.0 was making a joke.

Yea i didnt see how they could been so far apart 

Dont think i will get much sleep tonite this accident has realy shocked and upset me 

1 minute ago, www worker 2.0 said:

The rides computer, rafts and all spare parts and manuals are designed and come from Intamin themselves.

Maybe intamin have done a deal sometime over the 30 years to supply there's  parts etc ?

Just now, JeffreyMoore said:

Maybe intamin have done a deal sometime over the 30 years to supply there's  parts etc ?

Like a retrofit deal etc i mean ?

Someone on reddit said that his friend works at DW and that there is a belief that the rope that circles the upper part of the rubber came off and got caught in the belt. Some of the photos suggest that the rope has come off so maybe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/599i7f/at_least_four_people_killed_in_horror_dreamworld/d96soha/

Edited by Harold

9 minutes ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Intamin most definitely built the ride we have a "manual" for the ride from them. I can only assume they are trying to distant themselves from this incident due to their presence in the USA.

Huh I never knew TRR and RHLR shared the same conveyor belt.

Media like this really make me angry sometimes. What the heck is the point of trying to sensationalize by making it out to be some deeper, larger-scale problem by linking them? Yes, Rocky Hollow log ride uses a conveyor. So does Thunder River Rapids. The two totally separate, not connected. Some moron standing up in the log ride to take a selfie is not what I'd call an issue with the conveyor, it has no bearing on what happened today. Let alone the article linked earlier that brings up all the previous safety incidents. Is that making the family of the victims feel any better?!? Gah.

Can anybody confirm that there were in fact six people in the overturned raft? Some news reports only the four that died, and other sources are quoting six, some saying the two survivors are children. 

Like a retrofit deal etc i mean ?

Mate not sure at this moment would have to look over some things which won't be happening for a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Someone on reddit said that his friend works at DW and that there is a belief that the rope that circles the upper part of the rubber came off and got caught in the belt. Some of the photos suggest that the rope has come off so maybe?

Can't comment on this until police make a statement.

23 minutes ago, bladex said:

this is what they think Happened

Horrendous

What a massive operational failure.

It's not the same ride but i just got back from Universal Studios in Singapore. My wife hates rides and is not really into theme parks and i dragged her on everything including the Jurassic Park Rapids . 

I never think of the dangers walking into a theme park, dunno if its just naive or escapism or whatever but this has shaken us both up.

Thoughts go out to everyone involved.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Can't comment on this until police make a statement.

Not meaning to upset in anyway sorry if i did so 

Not at all mate, I'm as intrigued by this as you are. I've always thought that TRRR was Intamin-made, or at least Intamin-manufactured. A bit tragic that it takes such a horrible event for Intamin to ever deny that, considering it was credited as such here and on Wikipedia, and on every other site I know of.

1 minute ago, jake_hunt said:

Not at all mate, I'm as intrigued by this as you are. I've always thought that TRRR was Intamin-made, or at least Intamin-manufactured. A bit tragic that it takes such a horrible event for Intamin to ever deny that, considering it was credited as such here and on Wikipedia, and on every other site I know of.

Everyone is going to deny any involvement  etc untill they know if they have anything - cause to expain