Fright Nights 2018

alldinoman17

22 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Leave the jokes for @Skeeta ..

Who said I was joking ?

13 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Yeah, but your books are at a first grade reading level...

Why not appreciate all the work and effort Movie World  went into creating these events ? Stop acting like you're more entitled to special treatment than any other guest.  

Edited by FoolishMortal999
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Who said I was joking ?

Why not appreciate all the work and effort Movie World  went into creating these events ? Stop acting like you're more entitled to special treatment than any other guest.  

You have to be joking, well that or you have never been to Fright Nights before so haven’t seen how far the standard and quality have dropped.

And I’ll answer the question you posed to Alex too given it’s in the same quote.

A good effort doesn’t justify the price they change a regular punter to enter the park for FNs on last nights experience. 

Nearly every scene in the “new” mazes was a simple rehash of maze scenes from previous years. I don’t expect them to design and construction an entirely elaborate brand new maze each year, but some new thematic scenes and ideas need to be implemented to keep regular returning guests interested. It’s pretty simple really. When the amount of roving characters & entertainment offerings has decreased at least 60-70% on what it was 3-4 years ago, that isn’t effort.

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

On the contrary, I think all guests are entitled to be treated better than they currently are.

• Like 2

I definitely appreciate all the efforts and work the park and staff put into this event, but when you know how amazing it has been in the past, it is a bit hard to not be disappointed. Yes I enjoyed my night there and got a couple scares, but I wouldn’t want to go back for a second time. While in previous years (2014 and 2015) I definitely would have. The event was much cheaper and bigger back then, and now we have less for a greater price.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

You have to be joking, well that or you have never been to Fright Nights before so haven’t seen how far the standard and quality have dropped.

And I’ll answer the question you posed to Alex too given it’s in the same quote.

A good effort doesn’t justify the price they change a regular punter to enter the park for FNs on last nights experience. 

Nearly every scene in the “new” mazes was a simple rehash of maze scenes from previous years. I don’t expect them to design and construction an entirely elaborate brand new maze each year, but some new thematic scenes and ideas need to be implemented to keep regular returning guests interested. It’s pretty simple really. When the amount of roving characters & entertainment offerings has decreased at least 60-70% on what it was 3-4 years ago, that isn’t effort.

No, I'm not joking. I have been to Fright Nights before. I honestly believe this year's fright nights was amazing as have been previous years. Last year's was great and was the year before that and so on and so forth. 

• Like 1

Then from VTP’s perspective you are the absolute best type of customer... doesn’t notice glaring inconsistencies, reduced expenditure coupled with increased cost to customers,  and still enjoys it just as much. 

The type of guest who would go to SW tomorrow and say it was just as good as when they visited in 2010, in fact thinks it’s better!

• Like 2

What's really missing though? The opening is claustrophobic and who thinks seeing characters the shows were pretty much always woeful and mazes are pretty much the same. What more the park has always been over sold to shit so regardless of whether or not the event has been better the event has been impossible to enjoy in the past. This is the first year where I wasn't frustrated. This is the first year I felt like I could enjoy the night rather than having to run through the place like a commando with a strict battle plan. MAYBE there was more entertainers in the past? Don't care. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed being at the event.

Are there things that could be better? Sure. To me though it's about having a good time. $65 ticket with less of a crush of people is a significantly better deal than $49 but you also need to buy Flash pass to actually enjoy yourself.

• Like 2

But when you can get thru all the mazes and have a buffet dinner within 2 hours, I’d say you need more entertainment. Having poor scheduled entertainment in the past isn’t a reason to remove it, it’s a reason to improve on it. 

I’ve also never purchased fast pass mazes in my life and never missed a maze, it’s just about arriving on time and having a plan. 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, MickeyD said:

There are no more scheduled 'shows. 

There is a show under the big screen at 7pm and 8:45pm

On 22/10/2018 at 6:42 AM, djrappa said:

The band closes out the night I believe. 

The band plays a few sets during the night. The closer is the usual. A 'DJ' and the dancing girls. They added a Hype man this year as well. 

The “hype man” was the most cringeworthy bloke I’ve ever seen. It was clear that warming a crowd and even public speaking wasn’t his forte. 

He jumped on the mic over at the maze queue while I was waiting for Leatherface and the rubbish he was saying was terrible..

”oh, that’s a nice red hat you are wearing... that will be great to hide the blood when we decapitate you...” 

“what are you doing on your phone? You should text your mum to say goodbye because your going to die in there..”

everyone was waiting for him to get off so the music and videos could kick back in 

• Like 1

@Brad2912I think MW were selling less tickets this year.

This came up on FB before I went on Saturday night.

44733082_10156297729367182_6448908118091890688_n.thumb.jpg.5d1801d6ba57c51fe15e03966a3c0336.jpg

Skeet thought great, the one night I selected to go it's going to be super busy.

To my surprise,  it didn't feel busy at all.

I don't know if I would cough up $65.00 to go.  Which is why I'm sceptical when Parkz reviews of Frights Nights.