Wild West Falls finally reopened!

pushbutton

47 minutes ago, red dragin said:

My understanding was that WWF could have it's splash down depth varied to change the amount of water guests got soaked with, as the boats run in rails.

I believe that is correct in the ride's design however the easier/cheaper way to reduce the splash was to simply shut the cannons off in winter time - or in recent times, just shut the ride down all together until it warms up again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I noticed one effect has changed, the water tower previously used to leak, then turn off at the last second.

Now it stays on, but the power increases at the last second, so the water goes straight over your head.

I noticed that on Friday, I thought it was new but couldn’t remember if it turned off previously.

It’s a great effect to keep the water running, you can see everyone squeeze over to avoid getting wet. 

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

I noticed one effect has changed, the water tower previously used to leak, then turn off at the last second.

Now it stays on, but the power increases at the last second, so the water goes straight over your head.

I don’t know what’s more amusing, the fact they made a definite improvement to the ride theming after a half year closure or the image of 3 blokes sitting around a table in an air conditioned office for 3 months while the public sweltered through summer with no water rides, only for it to get cooler and one of them had an idea “instead of turning off the water, let’s make it stronger!” they all nodded and high-5’d each other, spend 20mins adjusting the settings and re-opened the ride proud as punch. 

But kudos guys on a good improvement! 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Just at the park, tonnes of people gathered around the rides entrance for its opening at 11. Then the staff say, sorry guys, we are experiencing some issues.

As always, safety first, but it's not looking good if they're having these sort of issues when they've only just reopened after a VERY long period of maintenance.