The latest Dreamworld stuff up

15 hours ago, joz said:

None of the moderators have commented saying this is the wrong place to post this. We don't need anyone else to do so for us.

Who said it was the wrong place?

16 hours ago, AlexB said:

Probably could have been posted in off-topic or random threads - didn't really need it's own

This is an opinion. According to Push, everyone is entitled to have one unless he disagrees with it. I expressed mine that it probably could have gone into off-topic topic... you know:

5. If it's really minor, or just a funny observation or side comment then sure, post it in an existing topic relating to that park/ride/etc. The Off-Topic Topic is also a good place for it and we'll keep this topic going for this purpose.

And before we bring it up:

2. Don't chastise others for starting a new topic...

i won't pull the dictionary definition, but its a bigger stretch than "Dreamworld's Big 9" if you want to say my comment was chastising him.

The last off-topic discussion was about the screen in MW, which had 5 on-topic posts about the thread. I haven't bothered to count but this probably got a similar number.

6. Don't start an open-ended or vague topic like "<Theme Park Name> Updates".

While we're on the topic of moderating - "the latest dreamworld stuff-up" as a topic could relate to so many things (it's dreamworld), and could very easily become a mega thread as others use it to post "the latest dreamworld stuff up".

Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archer said:

The Entertainment Manager at DW was made redundant with another 3 managers last Thursday.

Manager had been working at DW for over 25 years. Was responsible for all aspects including audio gear.

More cost cutting and more clean out.

While I sympathise with anyone in that position (having been made redundant myself 2 years ago from my ideal job), I do wonder what the entertainment manager was actually doing at Dreamworld, where there's very little entertainment normally!

26 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Is that then managers fault or the budget the manager was giving to work with?

Very good question, to which of course I have no inside information to go on. I do know from personal experience that managers often don't have the budget necessary to do their job effectively, or have other constraints in organisational structure / policy which prevent them doing so.

She had her budget slashed massively not long after the accident.

That was one of the reasons why Kevil Hill closed down.

Pre Ardent there was always heaps of costume characters walking around the park.

The clowns, Bawd Brothers and Rick O'Sha walked around between shows, Prue and ???? who were young girl and boy characters, Kenny always in the park on his skateboard, The Gumnut Fairy, etc.

Added heaps of atmosphere to the place. Now its very boring.