Moonlight Night Markets

Guest 239

They need to be careful of treading too much into "Dreamworld during the day", now they are giving away the Treehouse as well, I know the rides don't operate but it's a fine line (and i can imagine them opening them as 'pay per play' for one weekend only (one ride per weekend) as they seem to be continuing to up the ante with this market.

I do hope Wave Swinger remains free for annual passholders to ride during the night markets.

They are the 'dreamworld' night market now, no? So anything that is part of dreamworld could potentially be a part of the market without impacting the day product, suitably sold or included..

treehouse is really a nothing. it's a mcdonald's playland in the scale of things. free with meal and a place for the kids to piss off to while mum and dad enjoy the peace. Probably costs less to run than the main street movie screen. 

I hope that the wave swinger is not free for passholders, simply because of the logistics involved in having to police that. Everyone buys a ticket is far simpler. If you want to extend an additional perk to passholders, send them a voucher to use at the ticket booth, but if its free for passholders, the queue will be stupid. (By all means if it's not selling, that's when you give your passholders a few freebies)

• Like 1

I personally agree with @DaptoFunlandGuythat the Treehouse should be operating during the night. It gives the kids a fun thing to do while at the market and a place to run around and have fun. I have good memories of playing in a play place similar to BTH in Bendigo when I was a kid and I’m sure many others have the same memories.

I’m not saying they should open every ride up but I do think that a few would be good to give people some entertainment. The only other one that would fit the markets besides BTH/Wave Swinger would be The Claw in my opinion. It fits the general atmosphere of the event and would be good for the thrill seekers.

Claw and ST for 20$ is crazy cheap.  You wanna run them into the ground?  But I do agree having rides open at night time is a major draw card DW could use that they haven’t taken advantage of. But having the markets adds complications to it.  But Its a great way to get people’s trust back in the park and slowly bringing rides into the picture.  So the markets work. Running WS and tree house is great. I think it could cheapen the product running anything more but say it did happen I think only school hoildays, have a 60-80$ unlimited night rides for X date pass.  It would be pricey for the ride count open at night but I think it kinda needs to be .  ST being the head liner and the big new ride if there was an option to pay per ride at night to ride the new ride most people would think why go during the day?  We got on the ride we wanted too now we are done. Night markets job is to lure people into going for a day. If you can pay a cheaper price ride all the big rides and at night then it’s objective failed. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 2

See I don’t think you can charge the full day rate for a few rides for a few hours. 

What if they had a wristband that worked for 2 hours park close - which only included 2 rides. I still think having ST open is a great idea - yeah it’s the flagship ride at the moment but you can run it with 4-5 crew and still make 💯 pure profit with the spinny seat (if the train is working tho)

Having ST open during the night market makes no sense. The Claw, Wave Swinger, Belinda’s Tree House and maybe Shockwave/Tailspin are the only rides that would work out of their offering. I also find it hard to believe you’d be able to make a profit off of two spinning seats, it would be a great way to lose money but not turn a profit.

On 14/04/2023 at 3:10 PM, Brad2912 said:

ST shouldnt be open during the markets, its their prime attraction.

Agree with this - unless or until the park moves to full-park night trading on friday and saturday nights ($5 after 5pm plus inflation anyone?) ST should not open for the markets, as a pay per play or part of a wristband. it's their flagship and should be exclusive to dreamworld park.

On 14/04/2023 at 3:30 PM, Dean Barnett said:

The chances to ride (decent) rollercoasters at night in Australia are way too slim... anything to change this would be welcomed. 

Anything?

On 16/04/2023 at 7:48 AM, Dean Barnett said:

See I don’t think you can charge the full day rate for a few rides for a few hours. 

But you said anything... There's a reason night rides aren't as achieveable here - our market doesn't support it. giving away the gate (or a $30M coaster) just because you want it is not smart.

On 16/04/2023 at 7:48 AM, Dean Barnett said:

What if they had a wristband that worked for 2 hours park close - which only included 2 rides. I still think having ST open is a great idea - yeah it’s the flagship ride at the moment but you can run it with 4-5 crew and still make 💯 pure profit with the spinny seat (if the train is working tho)

Pure profit? Do tell us about the costs of staffing, not to mention the operating costs to run a triple launch every 3-5 minutes. I must say i'm amazed that you know the precise run cost per dispatch... (do share?) 

Yeah look, it's not for me at that price (I usually skip it during the day when its free), but you'd probably get a few riders an hour and that'd probably cover your costs, so not a bad idea. Like Treehouse, i'm ok with these low barrier to entry attractions operating during the markets, though unlike treehouse, you'd have to charge something for dodgems to keep the queue manageable.

• Like 1

The carnival that comes in summer every year close to my town had bumper cars/dodgems for $8 a ride. The cycle was descent but it was just an average dodgems.. but it had the only line of all the rides that day. And There’s only 6 rides there. So I think opening them ant DW for markets would be a good idea as they would be popular enough. $5 would be a good deal nowadays.. or At least compared to this particular carnival. I definitely don’t ride bumper cars at theme parks but if it was the only ride open I would do it.

Edited by REGIE