How would you rebuild Dreamworld?

Vidgamer

15 minutes ago, joz said:

I mean shit look at all of Dreamworks land, when was the last thing anything has been from those properties?

Madagascar: A little wild (2020)

Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight (2022)

Shrek Retold (2018)

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (2022)

20 minutes ago, joz said:

Also Peppa Pig, despite its longevity, is a steaming pile of the worst kind of shit, and you should be actually ashamed of yourself for comparing the two and suggesting Peppa was in anyway superior.

I didn't say it was superior. I said it had more episodes and more seasons, and had just gotten its first theme park. 

I've never watched Peppa or Bluey, so I can't comment one way or the other. What I can say is it is obviously a successful pile of shit, to be in the position it is currently in.

32 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Shrek Retold (2018)

Please try not to damage the bottom of the barrel when you scrape it in future.

I don't know why you brought up Peppa Pig. I straight up don't understand what point you're trying to make. Is it that you have to wait 10+ years to make a theme park land on something, or an entire theme park? What are you trying to say even?

Did you know they were making new episodes of pingu for 20 years? Why is that relevant? Why did I bring it up? What does it have to do with anything? Who knows! But gosh didn't it look like I was making a point for a second there

Edited by joz

6 minutes ago, joz said:

Please try not to damage the bottom of the barrel when you scrape it in future.

You said 'anything'.

6 minutes ago, joz said:

I don't know why you brought up Peppa Pig.

My main point was the longevity of the theme. Bluey currently has 3 seasons. I noted this was a fairly typical lifespan of a childrens television show, with now-cancelled shows like Hey Duggee having a similar season and episode count.

In fact, in May of this year, rumors were swirling that Bluey would be cancelled as the voice actor's voice was maturing. The official twitter account for Bluey was forced to address this to state "we have no plans to end it. If we ever had an update... you'd hear it from us first" (now where did we hear that before? #Monorail)

Season 4 is believed to be in the works for release next year, but I guess plans can always change.

As for your question - why did I bring up Peppa Pig? Well, as far as longevity of a theme, and suitability for a themed area in a theme park, Peppa Pig is a childrens animated television show that has recently opened an entire theme park themed to the franchise. Peppa has been around for 18 years with more than double the seasons and episodes.

It sounds pretty fucking relevant. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, joz said:

If they are good they'll stand the test of time. 

do them right and it doesn't matter how unfamiliar you are with the original. I went to Disneyland as a kid, and there was a heap of stuff I didn't realise was a TV show/Movie, just thought it was something original. I refuse to believe you couldn't achieve that level of quality with a Bluey presence.

Circling back for a moment - you're saying that if it's done well, it doesn't matter if the theme is a bit old or irrelevant, right?

but you do realise we're talking about Dreamworld here? Do you honestly think they could pull off Disney level standalones?

And using Dreamworks as a quality yardstick is fine if you're dealing with a global property, but I don't think the folks in Fortitude Valley have quiet the clout to be able to command Dreamworks level standards.

2 minutes ago, joz said:

Some shows are around longer than others. What is your point?

*beats head against wall*

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

this feels short sighted. Bluey has 3 seasons spanning 5 years, which is a comparable (total) lifespan to many childrens animated series. Is bluey just beginning or is it nearing the end? It'd be a massive achievement for an Australian produced childrens animated series to go the distance, but it's risky - and isn't that why the discussion turned to video game characters?

As a standalone statement that's fine. What in the hell does it have to do with Peppa Pig? I've also answered that I don't think it needs to carry on for another 10 years to be worth it. Pretend it did get cancelled or they pulled the pin on it today and decided they were doing nothing with that world ever again, conservatively, how long do you think it would be till they stopped repeating it?

Here's how I think you do Bluey at DW: a show. Either live action or a screen based show. The reason I think that would work/ be OK is because if it involved the boys up the road, it would be well written and charming. I don't think you do a complex dark ride or full immersive themed land. I think a kiddie flat ride with Bluey characters on it would be shit, it would need to be something with, maybe not a narrative, but a reason for existing.

DW is absolutely capable of doing these things, and if it wasn't, shut the place down now and be done with it.

honestly never though i’d see grown people arguing over children television shows.

Just give the area its own theme which can be similar to Wild Wild Grove’s theme at Dollywood and not having to follow the boundaries of an IP, it allows more freedom and creativity. 

but about the IP’s, imo peppa pig would work the most along with lego. 

1 hour ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

I'd start by refurbishing this ride.

Screenshot_20220818-104710_Facebook.jpg

Wouldn’t bother, it was having so many issues prior to closure. If you were just talking a re-theme as the ride system itself was still in good nick, then sure - but I believe it’s a long way from that. 

Better to gut the place and do something new, or demolish the whole building and utilise the space 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

isn't that just because Main Event was divested from the group? it sounds like the end of financial year would be a good time to effect the change, no?

Yes Karen.  /s   The prices went down because the sell off so now Ardent needs something to bring Ardent back to life.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

@ New Display Name - The organisations share price is shambolic and significantly controlled by bot manipulation.  I have reservations that the organisations management have any long lasting plans in retaining this business and in my honest opinion is a prime take over and/or slice and dice the business entitie(s) to a third party buyer. 

But you are certainly correct that the share price of this organisation is a mess and significantly being held back. It is a wonder why management don’t come out and be more proactive in promoting the company.  

Since the fatalities and what seems to have been a panic decision by management in selling its main event entertainment centres due to the virus, I personally have lost confidence in management although I do confess I hold shares in the organisation.  

To management stop wasting time and announce what the director in US is still doing to improve her efforts as the supposed themepark Guru and thus, improve this stumbling and miserable Ardent leisure share price. 

Edited by Richard
removed inflammatory remarks

Furthermore former Walt Disney senior executive Erin Wallace was recently appointed to the board as a non-executive director.  I note that she was not received with any class of securities on her appointment.

On that note and in consideration to know securities having been appointed to her it may be that she may receive a rather fat payout should she provide a lead for management in Australia leading to the selling of the business.

Also disappointingly is that Erin Wallace is currently located some 5000 km away in the US but I further question the current contribution to her area of expertise being the theme park considering the floundering and measurable companies share price performance.

Come on board of management what are you doing to Control you’re stuck in the mud., dark pool and Bot manipulated share price. 

Edited by Chalky
Spelling

1 hour ago, New display name said:

I'm still trying to meet my quota for the week for insane ramblings about theme parks..

I've said this so many times. Australia needs a flying coaster. If you add a legitimate world first to it (be it an exciting element or height), or make it incredibly themed (hahahahaha) it would draw in the international crowd. MW has a slam dunk here as I see comments from internationals wanting to visit Rivals but there isn't much else for their draw.

I've not seen similar comments about ST, likely as its a clone with a swing launch, and swing launches are really hit/miss.

That a rambling enough?

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Have you not seen HWSD2?   Who doesn't want to see 2 cars circling a hotdog stand at 5 km/hr. 

So my son used to LOVE this show because he was young and knew nothing, which meant we went every time.
My absolute favorite time I've ever seen this was just after it rained and they literally has to do about 5k/m, not even exaggerating, and even then they still skidded past their marks and abandoned some 'stunts'. it was just genuinely hilarious and I want it like that more often now.