Fright Nights 2022

themagician

The dark field is now available to book on the website, but so far isn’t being advertised anywhere until you are within the ticket purchase area 

E3751C4E-602A-419F-AFFD-F7FA578B220B.thumb.png.12505b6df45f1ef7ad55217b912ff8cd.png 1A2AEFF2-116C-4C7D-B145-7D3A1732FDBB.thumb.png.2b62519c444f3cba0c9d23e05569358d.png

Its available during the event every 30 minutes

B9A75409-CA94-4740-B881-8FE24DB5E263.thumb.jpeg.0691da2e800b4f6b69c39b2374b70342.jpeg

But it’s also available to day guests during the school holidays between 12 and 5

EB3E5A6E-8D46-4057-9A74-D59D0D489A2F.jpeg

What’s everyone’s thoughts on maze locations this year?

In 2019 they had 4 out in the sheds and one in the dodgems area. I’d imagine it will be the same again this year, but could they potentially also use the second half of the arcade area and allow for one bigger maze in the sheds? 

As Doll Haus and Zombieland are in the same shed, I assume they haven’t been touched since 2019 and will be in the same position. And the same for IT.

87A81EBD-191F-4BC9-9FF2-1783C8F48F7A.jpeg

DA95CC52-56B4-4064-AA68-20BA5BC9BFF3.jpeg

My guesses for maze locations this year are Doll Haus / Zombieland same shed again, Death Row in Leatherface / HOK shed, IT same Location and Conjuring in a movie studio or one of the new buildings being built. 

When should the map for this year be released? I thought in previous years it was released once the mazes were all announced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extremely busy tonight. 

‘It’ maze  had a  1+ hour long wait all night. The line stretched from the funhouse all the way to the stunt driver entrance and back. When i first walked past I thought they were doing HSD2 shows until i realised it was for the It maze. 

Conjuring 6/10 - the same as what they showed up 9 news, was okay in my opinion. Good amount of scare actors. I liked the crooked man projection on the door although the actor wasn’t present when I passed by. This maze was giving homemade. 20 minute wait

Death Row 6/10

Good amount of actors again, lots of recognisable sets and costumes from previous year mazes. The ending was lacklustre so left feeling kinda disappointed. 15 minute wait

Zombieland 2/10

Literally no scare actors, sets were meh, practically walk on.  

Doll House 7/10

Pretty good set designs, personally I struggle to find pretty girls in doll masks that scary so this was a bit of a disappointment for me. 20 minute wait. 

I really don't believe they made less tickets available than previous years because of the price increase, seemed the same as 2019 crowd wise.

DC and Scooby were 75 minutes, Superman 30

This year kinda seemed like a cheap out to me, but understandable considering they lost 2 years to covid. Hopefully they use the extra $$$ they’ll make due to the price increase to up the quality next year. 

Main street atmosphere was fantastic, as were the other scare zones 

All the rides closed at 9pm, I left at 9.10 so i’m not sure how the lines held up after.

Edited by kujotess
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, themagician said:

We’ve been saying this for the last 3 FNs, I just don’t think it’s going to happen and this is now the standard to expect 

Agree..  every year we expect more/better... But every year it's the same or less. As long as GP keep buying the tickets, MW has no reason to improve it. GP speaking with their wallets and accepting current vibe. 

36 minutes ago, aussienetman said:

Agree..  every year we expect more/better... But every year it's the same or less. As long as GP keep buying the tickets, MW has no reason to improve it. GP speaking with their wallets and accepting current vibe. 

I will say this year does seem like an improvement from 2019 but not an improvement in a way that it’s returned to its former glory.

There seems to be more actors, better atmosphere in the precinct’s, and longer hours allowing for people to get more done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

Can also confirm around 6,000 tickets are being sold per night, i have no clue how that is compared to past events though :)

That is quite a few fewer than years ago, you're also looking at 5 mazes and an extra hour of rides. Not sure about the other rides but Batwing and GL had a queue of around the half hour mark after all the other rides had closed their queues. Superman with a queue of 30mins and short queues for the mazes as reported seems like things are much better than the 'bad old days' of over crowding at FN.

Don't know so, but strongly suspect that the maze queues will have dropped off strongly after 9. Could probably get 2 in that last hour without too much trouble If you're keen on seeing all of them as well as hit a ride or two.

If someone says what's Fright Night like to me, that's pretty much what it is. A couple of long queues, mazes which are generally good, but have a random element to how much you will get out of them (actors resetting positions, the group you're with etc.) and a good Horror atmosphere. It seems like they've got the formula pretty well down at this point. To me the 'decline' of the event has more to do with me not being a teenager anymore so not being as 'in' to it as it is anything wrong with the event. But they make new teenagers now so that's fine! I think if they did this year when I was a teenager, it probably would have been my favourite since there's an extra maze, rides are open longer, and there aren't 8,000 people there.

18 hours ago, Rivals said:

Can also confirm around 6,000 tickets are being sold per night, i have no clue how that is compared to past events though :)

With @kujotess stating it was extremely busy last night, and that fact that last night was sold out, we can only assume there was about 6000 peeps in the park.

So, it's a shame they couldn't cap tickets lower, as fewer people would mean you'd have the best chance to see and do everything, whereas when it's busy you'd be standing in queues all night.

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

With @kujotess stating it was extremely busy last night, and that fact that last night was sold out, we can only assume there was about 6000 peeps in the park.

So, it's a shame they couldn't cap tickets lower, as fewer people would mean you'd have the best chance to see and do everything, whereas when it's busy you'd be standing in queues all night.

that’s the thing, compared to previous years the queue times and crowd levels weren’t bad at all.

Like he said, IT was 1hr (2-3hrs previous event), Conjuring was only 20mins, Death Row was 15mins, Zombieland walk on (around 30mins-1hr previously) and Doll Haus was 20mins (1hr - 1.5hrs previously.) These times were in peak period as the mazes lines start shrinking towards the end of the event. 

With those wait times, they can all be done in 1hr and 55mins (excluding walking to and from), whereas last time people were only getting 1-2 mazes done in the entire night.