Viking’s Revenge Flume Ride Removal

themagician

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RobMac said:

SW need a flume ride!

They do, but I’m sure there argument would be that Storm Coaster and Battle Boats ticks the water based ride box for their line up.

What the park needs to do right now is make Trident and Vortex reliable because right now to amount of down time these rides have, they may as well not be there

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New display name said:

I would go a big wheel over a flume at SW

image.thumb.png.6b3c756738d8155be61f247f6e12d5b2.png

i mean they did have one..

7 hours ago, themagician said:

What the park needs to do right now is make Trident and Vortex reliable because right now to amount of down time these rides have, they may as well not be there

maybe also leviathan open on time too and with the park for once?

Edited by TV15

4 hours ago, New display name said:

I've always thought SW could open a wheel up at night, as a restaurant.

So, what you’re saying is that you want VRTP to build a Ferris Wheel, either optionally or expressly as a food venue, perhaps adjacent but definitely not within Sea World? Like Skypoint, but in a worse location, at a higher cost, with less capacity & more operational issues? And this is being compared to a lot flume?

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

Are we forgetting that Sea World did have a Ferris wheel, but was removed due to the locals complaints.

45 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Like Skypoint, but in a worse location, at a higher cost, with less capacity & more operational issues?

They tried that too (not operated by SW) and that went terribly too.

Locals have no say anymore @themagician The temporary wheel was a great success and SW wanted to keep it but due to the town planning laws at that time, council wouldn't approve it.  

SW could build a strata coaster today with no problems, if they wanted to.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, New display name said:

I said none of that but please, keep going.

I mean it is, though. Using it as a restaurant, at night, makes it impossible to be a Sea World ride (especially not in the plot this thread is about), unless you want to make a ride that’s designed with the purpose to run only 1-2 months of the year.

Edited by Tricoart

With this wheel thing, yeah wouldn't it be a normal wheel during the day, then at night I guess you'd let people in, have a set number of bookings and some sort of flip down table in each gondola. You send people in, you get a few laps and a set menu, one course per revolution or something? Get the special events crew to ferry food across.

Would be an interesting concept.

• Like 1

During the day, the wheel would run as a standard attraction for park guest..  At night it would operate as a rotating restaurant.  The food would be made within one of the existing kitchens and delivered to the wheel.  I'll leave what food SW serve up to the park.  SW could have a set menu or like what was done in Europe during Covid, on a big wheel, where each gondola had an Ipad in it for food ordering.

On 11/06/2024 at 6:19 PM, themagician said:

They should do that 

Can we not do both.

@themagicianThere are many places you could install the thing, but just to mention a few-

1. close to the future broadwater boardwalk.

Screenshot_20240611_180121_Drive.thumb.jpg.6f6a5e5a66493f2782d7dd49ac49b4c6.jpg

2.On top of the back of house buildings. 

wheel.thumb.JPG.5ee7262843a24742108e34f773049d52.JPG

3. Current management parking spot.

image.thumb.png.cca33e4850ee795d150c61602d009ea2.png

Where the current monorail station is at the front of the park.