2022 Golden ticket award winners

Coasterjoe

2 hours ago, Coasterjoe said:

I am pretty sure Golden ticket awards is global as there are rides in the top 50 from around the world. 

I'd assume majority of the voter base, or whoever gives out the awards, are primarily Americans. 

Because Escape from Madagascar is one of the greatest roller-coasters of all time!

922615-kanyewest-taylorswift-vma.jpg

1 hour ago, joz said:

The golden tickets are a way of selling advertising. They're interesting enough, but not really worth reading into at all.

❤️

Interesting, do you feel the same way on all poll voted award systems or just this one? Because you could say that about any fan or poll voted system. The only difference with golden ticket awards is they select their voters based on the voters experience of riding several coasters around the world. 

Its true that coaster favourites are largely subjective but if I was a theme park owner or a manufacturer  I would be pretty happy if one of my rides won a golden ticket. Sure its not the be all and end all but its still a great achievement. Besides reading the list it looks like the usual suspects are all there, and yep the majority is North america based but maybe its because it has the largest quantities of world class coasters? 🤷‍♂️ 

FB5CB832-CC11-45A8-B292-CC4D9AC288E9.thumb.png.5e1ee2ebd61860d20d2f932d47a8fd16.png

I always see these things as America favouriting America. They have both the population and the ego to ensure that they have 38 out of the top 50 spots.

I'll use an example of how the USA tends to favour themselves that a friend taught me. He's one of the top whip crackers in the country. The best in the world chamionships are held both here in Aus, and theres another in the USA. Ours is open to the entire world while the USA only opens theirs to US residents. Things like that are why i generally dont trust any worldwide poll that comes out of the States. Hell, Pantheon is on the list which should kill credibility aswell.

• Like 1

If you believe that the Golden Tickets is an actual representation of what the best parks are, I can only assume you also think the Oscars are also awarded on merit?

Again, it's interesting enough, don't read too much into it. Also not that it matters; they don't say how they work out the voting, but the way they talk about it would suggest that the vast majority of the voters are based in America. You'd have to assume from how they word it, about 4 in 5 are.