Monopoly " theme park " coming to Melbourne

Ashley Jeffery

2 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Mate love the enthusiasm but it’s considered courtesy if you quote where you get content that isn’t your own from. This link was posted on the Facebook site, Lost Amusement Parks of Australia 5 hours ago by the admin of the site. Coincidence? Yeah nah.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348435523186489/permalink/843338057029564/

It’s great that we all share content and news but let’s be fair and courteous when we share a link or a pic that we ensure that the originator of said content gets a shout out. I am only saying this as this is the second time you have appropriated someone else’s material and passed it off as your own. 
Cheers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jobe said:

Mate love the enthusiasm but it’s considered courtesy if you quote where you get content that isn’t your own from. This link was posted on the Facebook site, Lost Amusement Parks of Australia 5 hours ago by the admin of the site. Coincidence? Yeah nah.

It’s great that we all share content and news but let’s be fair and courteous when we share a link or a pic that we ensure that the originator of said content gets a shout out. I am only saying this as this is the second time you have appropriated someone else’s material and passed it off as your own. 
Cheers. 

Credit who?? That Facebook group didn't write the article. Maybe get off your high horse. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kujotess said:

What is @Jobe even on about? Is it really that serious? This is why I stopped posting on this forum for many years. You can never just post something theme park related on a theme park forum without having someone completely ridicule and pick you apart. Mods may as well create a t&c questionnaire rule-book you need to answer before clicking “submit reply”. 

Yeah fair enough. You are right in this instance- perhaps i was a bit over zealous in this case. However appropriation of other peoples content without the correct nod to the original creator is just not on- its not a courteous thing to do and happens all the time. What you have said is 100% true and I withdraw my comments regarding this link.

6 hours ago, aussienetman said:

Ummm... You want them to credit the Facebook page that shared a link to an article that is three months old? 😂 That FB page didn't create that material.. and is three months late to the party... Perhaps they should rename themselves to "lost links to news story's about things seemingly similar to theme parks but not actually"

Yeah see above reply. Fair call. But the same could be said for this post , which was only prompted by the posting in the original Facebook post. But yeah get your point.

4 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Credit who?? That Facebook group didn't write the article. Maybe get off your high horse. 

You are right in this instance. However, you have shown that you have taken other peoples material and post without the correct nods to the original creator- see the pic in the Gumbuya World's topic for example. It just annoys me when this occurs and I have seen it happen so many times. Not on a high horse just wanting the correct courtesy for original content to be correctly annotated. All good carry on.

It is an interesting concept. $20 Million to spend on an attraction is nothig to sneeze at and is a fair investment. Its only the 2nd of its type in the world and is twice as large as the original one in Hong Kong. I reckon that Melbourne is probably the best location for an attraction of this type. Being indoor means its not weather dependant and Melbourne certainly has the population to sustain this. Its inner city location should make it accessible to all tourists and families and hopefully the end result is something that warrants revisits and regular patrons. Will be following this closely but I think its a win for Melbourne.

2 hours ago, aaronm said:

Based on the description "theme park" seems a very generous description. This looks like a selection of Instagram-friendly photo ops with a few simple games and a 4D theatre. Will wait and see but I'll definitely be going in with low expectations.

I agree. When I saw those headlines around six weeks ago, I got really excited, hoping it would feature a dark ride or small flat, similar to the Lego discovery center I guess. While I do think it’s a good concept & a win for Melbourne, the term “theme park” is a bit of a stretch. Will still try to head to in Summer when I’m down in Melbourne tho.

5 hours ago, Jobe said:

You are right in this instance. However, you have shown that you have taken other peoples material and post without the correct nods to the original creator- see the pic in the Gumbuya World's topic for example. It just annoys me when this occurs and I have seen it happen so many times. Not on a high horse just wanting the correct courtesy for original content to be correctly annotated. All good carry on.

Fair enough will credit the original creator in future.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jobe said:

Cheers. 

I am genuinely embarrassed to have even read this along with the other ramblings about credit you’ve posted. This forum is dead enough as it is. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jack.c said:

I am genuinely embarrassed to have even read this along with the other ramblings about credit you’ve posted. This forum is dead enough as it is. 

Don’t worry. You will get over it. To be fair I walked back my initial response and admitted my fault. To then call it out after that is the real embarrassment. But anyway back on topic. 

Let's move on...

I think the reason this hasn't been shared here yet is cause it really dosnt scream theme park. More interactive walk through exhibit 🙄

A daily mail article about the og 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7613737/Monopoly-Dreams-Hong-Kongs-new-Monopoly-themed-attraction-open.html

Also some reviews

https://au.trip.com/travel-guide/attraction/hong-kong/monopoly-dream-71570444/

This company did announce an Australian venue back before covid according to their YouTube. Interesting to see how this translates to an Australian audience.

Edited by aussienetman
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Amidst all the exciting news coming out of IAAPA today , we also have some news closer to home. The Monoply attraction in Melbourne, which had been delayed, is finally set to open today. Next time I am in Melbourne I will swing by and check this out.

https://concreteplayground.com/sydney/travel-leisure/monopoly-dreams-melbourne-opening?fbclid=IwAR2mQuZTTosoRZnU3CyxU8NyhOFlNM4OvwENBJtP4r-E2Lu13iXKIGfDvq4

The attractions official website is here.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 2