Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

Theyre also using the theatre/screen to show movies during the night markets 

that's a bit more sheltered than the current main street position. they're really planning ahead of the impending main street development to have alternate spaces for the markets... this is good to see!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I hope they plan to cover over the Duloc castle facade at some point during this facelift

Agreed. I’m hoping they continue the theme/style of the parents centre around the rear of the area. Continuity would be good rather than another theme/print as the backdrop for the carousel and planes 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Rivals said:

which is a big missed opportunity imo.

Agree. It would be good if they got the trains used on TNT etc (OTS Lap Bars). They are very comfortable and provide a smooth experience. 

I feel like one of the reasons they cannot switch the trains is because the SFC450 trains are not compatible with the SFC342 track. It could be due to the length of the track being different due to them being made years in between eachother.

Edited by TBoy

The carousel now has strip lighting around the interior of the ride, coupled with the new fresh coloured fencing it looks absolutely fantastic. Sorry I couldn’t get a photo, they were spray painting in the area so couldn’t get close enough. 

• Love it! 1

Just now, TBoy said:

Apparently yesterday was the last day for the Soaring Swing and it will be getting removed. The ride has also been taken off the website.

That would mean construction on the new kids coaster will most likely start soon. Jags Journey said the Candy swing is now staying and the rock n tug ride will be moving into the land along with the ABC Ferris wheel. There's lots of space for the small rides. Room closer to Serpent Slayer and some close to the parents centre. 

I wonder if this means we could see the new Big Red plans ride open within a few weeks with the Candy flyer closing for maintenance in June. 

Question is what park might buy the Soaring Swing? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Question is what park might buy the Soaring Swing

Does Aussie world have one? 
I feel like it might end up on one of the fair circuits or at a novelty motel or something. I don’t think many parks would brother with a used swing ride.

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Does Aussie world have one? 

Aussie World has two swing rides if I remember correctly - a Waveswinger like the LPS Volare or the Dreamworld Flyer, and 'Booma Zooma' which is a bigger version of Soaring Swing with two rows of seats.

I believe 'Soarin Swing' was originally from Luna Park Sydney, dating back to the ghost train fire days. I can't imagine it would get converted to a traveller - not really worth the effort - but hopefully someone sees the value and heritage in it and keeps it going.

Yeah wow. Didn’t realise it was from that long ago!  I got a soft spot for heritage and old stuff in general . I hope it gets new life.. Could it possibly fit into one of the Luna park’s.  It would be fitting for LPS to have it back, if it fits anywhere.