Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

(Didn't see a dedicated thread, so here we are!)

The Dreamworks Store transformation into the new Parent's Centre is well underway

vlc_CRYD2emItE.thumb.jpg.cdf65f5e6fdbbf9b1a924be65474e8d8.jpg

20221209_162154.thumb.jpg.559cd581c9e3384293db6343f00bcada.jpg

20221209_162614.thumb.jpg.543860e2a503a67985f997bb90c060ad.jpg

20221209_162404.thumb.jpg.7a05d160d429d75781cb0643a6774f86.jpg\

Escape from Madagascar's Ride Sign has been removed

vlc_1QGyGvLnxB.thumb.jpg.81bf7f34de23669fbf10d97c6d71d01c.jpg

The "Beware of Ogres" sign has also been removed by Shrek, leaving a hole.

vlc_9PmywQkuV9.thumb.jpg.e0c32e9101890f44280bb2ddb0ac73e6.jpg

Semi related- watched the Wiggles show and Kenny and Belinda seem to have a new look:

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_y2okrki96h.thumb.jpg.7ed9f711d4eb2f52fbf99231ca490623.jpg

A couple weeks ago:

vlc_TLqOfSvam5.thumb.jpg.72cf422868b3ab031744156181c06ed0.jpg

Edited by Ogre
  • Like 3

• Ogre changed the title to Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Yeah, creates a few eye sores here and there but it helps with capacity and ride availability. I guess one trumps the other.

Hrmm, speaking of which... maybe the Madagascar section will remain open while they work on the Shrek / KFP areas. Makes sense with the new Parent's Centre being there - looks like that could open relatively soon. They probably don't need to close the area to get the re-theming done, as the two current attractions are (supposedly) only getting minor re-themes.

IMO I feel like at this rate we will see the rebranded kids area open by June 2023, with the ABC Kids attractions retired or sold off, for example Play School Wheel could go to Gumbuya World and some of the others given to smaller parks. Dreamworld Flier/Extended Ocean Parade will probably open Dec 2023 and the Rivertown open December 2024.

34 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Yeah, creates a few eye sores here and there but it helps with capacity and ride availability. I guess one trumps the other.

Not to be rude because I haven't visited Dreamworld in nearly a decade, but since ~the incident~ has any ride in the park garnered anything of a queue to worry about capacity? From what I've seen on these forums, almost everything is always a walk-on except on the very busiest days. They might as well close whatever areas they want to refurb and just get on with it already.

15 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Not to be rude because I haven't visited Dreamworld in nearly a decade, but since ~the incident~ has any ride in the park garnered anything of a queue to worry about capacity? From what I've seen on these forums, almost everything is always a walk-on except on the very busiest days. They might as well close whatever areas they want to refurb and just get on with it already.

Honestly? Not really. But I think it still matters. Having as many attractions as possible open while keeping the queues as low as possible will help keep guest satisfaction up and increase the chance of return visits / positive word of mouth. Also good to be ready if they find themselves in a position where it *does* matter. It all adds up.

4 hours ago, TBoy said:

IMO I feel like at this rate we will see the rebranded kids area open by June 2023, with the ABC Kids attractions retired or sold off, for example Play School Wheel could go to Gumbuya World and some of the others given to smaller parks. Dreamworld Flier/Extended Ocean Parade will probably open Dec 2023 and the Rivertown open December 2024.

Dreamworld Flyer is expected to open mid 2023 and the kids area works will all be done by the end of 2023. The parents room (that we’re seeing work on now) is pushing to open for the busy summer period.

4 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

i have been a couple times in holiday periods (more recently) where they have been slammed, like an hour for Sky Voyager, 45mins for Claw, GC 1 floor down the spiral ramp, MDMC all the way down the ramp ect. They do get busy now, however they don’t have those weekend bursts MovieWorld has from what i’ve seen, most of Dreamworlds big crowds form in the holidays. 

Yeah, noticed that today EFM sorely needs a repaint. 
Here’s more posterity pics from today, plus more of the work that @Ogre already posted yesterday. 
the Po in the (former) splash zone / jumping water is where the Tower Of Terror’s skull originally stood right? Or was that near the lockers left of there? 

FC7CB71F-B7CF-469B-8E9D-D317B0285C4B.jpeg

DDC3B324-CBA9-4B14-86B6-4203F94231A1.jpeg

BDCAA675-DE77-4C24-BA4C-9B0DAD0703FB.jpeg

9F6B5A02-06FF-40EA-84A9-810E95A885D4.jpeg

F8D67E15-8045-40E6-9365-EDD1E6C58197.jpeg

709C806B-A5A6-4B3F-8058-7E8CF22E05C3.jpeg

DD49506E-AD0B-433B-8A29-E93E2A237FDC.jpeg

C8EEF0D6-C58F-4A2D-A25F-FE3B08555178.jpeg

4C94536A-A52F-443F-8087-AB750D901773.jpeg

Edited by Whombex
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 3:00 AM, Cactus_Matt said:

Every time i've been (and I tend to avoid peak periods) there's been decent queues on all the majors, just not unbearably so - eg - 30-60 minutes as opposed to 120+ down the road on the same day.

11 hours ago, Whombex said:

the Po in the (former) splash zone / jumping water is where the Tower Of Terror’s skull originally stood right?

47 minutes ago, Whombex said:

this puts the skull where the lockers are now, maybe even further left. 

The Skull was actually where Gingy's control box is currently:

image.thumb.png.681556cac353885cc4eb9ef1d6609521.png

Prior to Dreamworks (and the relocation of Spongebob Flypants to Gingy's location) they had Reptar on top of the building. You can see how the building 'joins up' with the rest of the TOT queue.

image.thumb.png.a0e510dcd37734d03f06846b279548ff.png

I can't get an aerial from pre-Nickelodeon, but its definitely the right spot, as that joined right angle behind the Reptar statue is where the TOT queue changed from 'plain white fridge panelling' into the deeply detailed 'sewer tunnels'

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Stevie said:

It's a bit shitty that they are doing this work over the school holidays. I guess we will see how they handle it around the school holiday crowds when they fully kick in

work will be taking place all over the park across the next 24months, when else do you suggest they do it?

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

It's a bit shitty that they are doing this work over the school holidays. I guess we will see how they handle it around the school holiday crowds when they fully kick in

They are doing the works on the parents centre now to try and get it ready for peak summer. But all the major works for the area won’t happen until next year 

31 minutes ago, themagician said:

They are doing the works on the parents centre now to try and get it ready for peak summer. But all the major works for the area won’t happen until next year 

@themagician will all the rides go down at once or in stages, etc. EFM closes and is redone, then Pandanonium, then Shrek/Dronkeys is done. Also do you know what rides will be going?

@TBoy unfortunately I don’t know the answers to any of that 

Part of me thinks they might do it stages so they don’t have all their kids offerings closed at once. Since they’re already doing works on the parents centre, I can’t imagine it will open and then in a couple months it closes for most of the year to complete the works in the area.