Theme Park Worldwide Announce Australian Tour

Noll_57

it’s probably never been painted since the ride was built and must be where the maintenance team happen to step the most? Idk.  At least they got to experience the 2nd best part of SE the dark ride bit.  I wonder if they turned on all the effects for them or not.  I wonder what maintenance they are doing too because isn’t the train just sitting in the station or is that the maintenance bay?

Edited by REGIE

On 15/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, New display name said:

People should stop thinking within the box.   

What is one of the biggest money makers?  Computer Games.

Top of my head.

Minecraft.

Minecraft is probably a bit out of DW’s price range. Imagine how much Microsoft would charge for the rights. Though I’ll concede that price ranges for our parks have been dying for some years.

Animal Crossing and Pokémon are Nintendo, they have a deal with universal so that’s obviously off limits.

Bluey I’m not sure is an adequate dreamworks replacement. As already mentioned, great for little kids but I wouldn’t class it as a ‘family IP’ in the vein of Dreamworks/Nickelodeon. It definitely would have been a great wiggles replacement if they weren’t able to renew though. 

Edited by Baconjack

12 hours ago, franky said:

I was pondering at that shot and wondering what it is that happens next to the track between the hat and that gatorade bottle.. There's an awful lot of wear there.

Looking at this particular spot, it looks to be right at the start of the launch. The yellow paint is also worn in that one spot which looks to me like the evac position in case of rollback. 

So in short, this track is on average the most used section of track as all rollbacks end here. It's also a high stress point as the train is accelerated from 0 to 100, so you've also got the highest friction point. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Looking at this particular spot, it looks to be right at the start of the launch. The yellow paint is also worn in that one spot which looks to me like the evac position in case of rollback. 

So in short, this track is on average the most used section of track as all rollbacks end here. It's also a high stress point as the train is accelerated from 0 to 100, so you've also got the highest friction point. 

Correct, there is a railing that staff have to stand behind until they get an all clear from the main control room when doing an evacuation. During a ride stop, the staff can walk to this point but must wait till the hydraulic system is fully bled out as the ride is primed and could still launch at any moment until then. 

That yellow box is generally where they would store one of the battery packs to release the harnesses in the event of an evacuation. Anywhere else in the dark ride, the pack from the load station is taken and there is one for the unload station too.

45 minutes ago, New display name said:

Theme Park Worldwide trip updates and blogs made you feel like you were on the trip with them where, I lost interest in following Coaster Studio's trip very quickly.

It was really fun their videos. Plus they were just having a good time not being super picky or pointing out all the faults in the coasters which some YouTubers can tend to do.  I would like coaster studios more if they dropped a few rough vlogs or reaction videos here and there. Instead of posting them months latter and only paid prescription users being able to view it early. Still have a few patreon only videos but not the main stream reactions and rough vlogs. I don’t mind if the in depth reviews come out later on 

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 4

Say what you will about CS's upload schedule and format during the trip, I was lucky enough to meet them both at LPS, and they were both lovely to chat to. I bumped into Sarah first and she went out of her way to bring Taylor over to say hi. They told me some of their thoughts on DCR and Levi, and I definitely will be tuning in once their reactions come out, because they had some interesting opinions - seems they both preferred Levi!

I definitely like that TPW uploaded promptly enough for viewers to be able to follow along with the trip in almost real-time, and I'd love to see CS do that in the future. The Patreon is relatively new to their channel, so it's possible they might still be fine-tuning exactly how it's going to work for them, and future trips might be better in response to that feedback.

But as people, can confirm they were super nice and friendly!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jhunt2 said:

Say what you will about CS's upload schedule and format during the trip, I was lucky enough to meet them both at LPS, and they were both lovely to chat to. I bumped into Sarah first and she went out of her way to bring Taylor over to say hi. They told me some of their thoughts on DCR and Levi, and I definitely will be tuning in once their reactions come out, because they had some interesting opinions - seems they both preferred Levi!

I definitely like that TPW uploaded promptly enough for viewers to be able to follow along with the trip in almost real-time, and I'd love to see CS do that in the future. The Patreon is relatively new to their channel, so it's possible they might still be fine-tuning exactly how it's going to work for them, and future trips might be better in response to that feedback.

But as people, can confirm they were super nice and friendly!

I can’t wait till the reaction videos and reviews come out!! Anymore information they said you can let us in on?  Interesting they liked leviathan so much. But then again after riding 500+ roller coasters things like night rides, lighting packages and theming/stories would stand out more then layouts. The layouts probably start feeling the same. I have only ridden very few coasters but there’s not one I didn’t enjoy

21 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'm sure they are nice people but the only reaction video I want to see is, King Charles III riding Rivals backwards.

I would love to watch any royal ride DCR backwards that would be so funny.

Edited by REGIE

Just now, REGIE said:

I can’t wait till the reaction videos and reviews come out!! Anymore information they said you can let us in on?  Interesting they liked leviathan so much. But then again after riding 500+ roller coasters things like night rides, lighting packages and theming/stories would stand out more then layouts. The layouts probably start feeling the same

They were big fans of Levi's lighting package and theming! They said that it blew them away.

Their main praise for Levi itself was that it was a better ride start to finish, while they felt that DCR had dead spots. I thought they were referring to the Stengel dive, but apparently they didn't find the helix to be that great either. But they loved DCR all the same and said it had better moments, they just found Levi to be a better complete package.

Also chatted a little about LPS. Apparently they came to the park knowing about the coasters, but not a lot about the other historical attractions and aspects of the park. They were very surprised and impressed by Coney Island and were having the time of their lives in there when we met.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New display name said:

@REGIEyou don't need to ride 500 coasters to know what you like and don't like.

He never said you did. He said after 500 coasters, they probably have a reasonable idea what to expect from most layouts and elements, and the presentation of the ride through things like theming and storyline probably varies more and surprises them more pleasantly than the actual ride experience. Unless they're riding a model that's super rare or new and they've never been on before, it's likely they'll always have done something comparable with any ride they go on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jhunt2 said:

He never said you did. He said after 500 coasters, they probably have a reasonable idea what to expect from most layouts and elements, and the presentation of the ride through things like theming and storyline probably varies more and surprises them more pleasantly than the actual ride experience. Unless they're riding a model that's super rare or new and they've never been on before, it's likely they'll always have done something comparable with any ride they go on.

For what it's worth, I have a coaster count of over 3000 at this point – and I can say that I've never ridden anything quite like the roller coaster at Green Valley Farm :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noxegon said:

For what it's worth, I have a coaster count of over 3000 at this point – and I can say that I've never ridden anything quite like the roller coaster at Green Valley Farm :)

Proud to say that was my credit number 1! And I don't think I'll ever get another one like it 🤣

12 hours ago, jhunt2 said:

He said after 500 coasters, they probably have a reasonable idea what to expect from most layouts and elements, .

And I'm saying it doesn't take 500 coasters to know these things.  It doesn't take 500 coasters to know if you like theming, lighting etc.  You ride 100 coasters (probably way less) you will know most elements of roller coasters and you will know what you like or don't like.    @Reggie74already knows what @Reggie74likes without riding 500 coasters.