Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

It passes the bar test for what it is but fake rock is over done in the theme park industry.   Whenever they have a empty space they don't know what to fill it with they fill it with fake rock.

My only issue with fake rock is; is it in such a place that kids can't climb it.

This is because I'm old and no where near as fun as I used to be

• Like 1

They were just testing the octopus in that video, so hopefully it is a lot smoother and more lively when the area opens. Interesting choice to have what’s probably a complex animatronic in a water splash zone. 

And I agree, the renovation has turned out pretty well so far considering it was a Chinese themed area. From what I’ve heard, they’re still not done with the Reno of dodgems and this pathway, but like Kenny’s forest flyer, they just wanted to get it open to minimise closure times 

5 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Why doesn't it blink?

The other eye does, you just can't see it.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And I agree, the renovation has turned out pretty well so far considering it was a Chinese themed area. From what I’ve heard, they’re still not done with the Reno of dodgems and this pathway, but like Kenny’s forest flyer, they just wanted to get it open to minimise closure times 

They've been doing a lot of things in stages, the first step usually to get the ride reopened after the theme, with many other non-essential items like theming coming in when it's ready or available, without keeping the ride closed for months waiting for it...

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

thatching the roofs.

i've seen what happens to a thatched roof at Movie World. i'll pass on that. 

Don't get me wrong, i'd love for them to fix it. the fact they haven't likely indicates they're being tight, and that's probably because they're barely breaking even on things right now so there has to be more justifiable bang for buck. the kids playing in the splash pad aren't going to notice that the roof is chinese, and they've probably accepted that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

How different is a chinese imitation bamboo roof and a tradiitonal spanish terracotta tiled roof, really...

Seems like that'd be the easiest fix for it - it worked for the bondi pavilion. 

If the Chinese tile roof was laid in the traditional way, very different because roof battens aren't installed and the tiles a fixed to a bedding of mortar.  But if they are fake traditional tiles, probably not very different.