What do YOU want in replacement of the Thunderbolt?

So if ppl do know the next attraction, they do tell.
I was referring to those with insider connections - such as Rabid, and Joz, who do not want to jeopardise their positions with the parks by revealing something a little early. Similarly, my source is in the same position, so i will not betray their trust by saying anything more.

surely it couldnt be that long of a wait??? The roller coaster has been gone for quite some time and I remember the news article showing it being removed and back then the PR from DW was saying there is something planned for that area.. So.. even back then they knew what they were going to put there.. how much longer would they wait until they do it?? Ok so the attraction at the moment is still the claw.. so they gotta ride out the new ride hype on that for a while.. but would you think if they were going to build a new ride that they might want to have it ready just after the superman ride opens up to compete.. I reckon this could be the case.. Im hoping they have a ride which will be better than superman and they will wait until it opens and everyone thinks this is the best ride and they will then announce hey but we are going to put this better ride in.. So hopefully not long now to wait and find out..

I sure hope it's true about this rumoured 'bigger, better' waterpark. A few of us on here have been saying for a while that not only is it a good idea but would probably be the logical next step for Dreamworld. I'd like to see something in line with the types of upgraded waterparks you find in US parks these days (and I'm sure it will be). Something that caters for the thrill market and not just the young ones

I think a waterpark is a big mistake.. The current one is great I think and when you visit Dreamworld for a day there is usually enough time to visit it and have a few swims.. by the time you dry off etc its been a couple of hours.. To have another waterpark as well means you have to dry off and walk to the other side of the park and get wet again You will waste half a day if you want to visit both.. I seriously think that dreamworld needs to continue with high thrill rides such as giant drop, tot and the claw.. The other parks cater to the whole family with cute characters, animals and street parades etc.. Dreamworld needs to stay as the park people visit for great rides So stuff the waterpark.. are they are going to heat it so its available all year round otherwise that would be a waste wouldnt it.. Please put a high thrill coaster there, the cyclone does not replace the thunderbolt.. its an ok coaster but not that thrilling.. put a top thrill dragster there or something..

I just don't particuarly want a Top Thrill Dragster type of ride. 1, it's not worth it, and 2, when I say it won't fit, not the actual ride in terms of space, but I cannot see Dreamworld investing in one of those rides. A waste I reckon for something better, rather than a quick 2 seconds of thrill.

I just dont see the point of putting a waterpark in when you can go to wet n wild.. Sure Dreamworld want to have variety but how can they compete with wetnwild for ride technology and thrillness when its wetnwilds main core of business. Dreamworld should stick to thrill non water rides they are doing well at the moment.. Also does anyone else agree that the cyclone is not a suitable replacement for the TB?? The TB was a classic great rollercoaster and an icon for the park.. Its replacement must also be as well Sure the claw and the TOT and the GD are all good but did you know that coasters are still the most popular thrill amusement ride??? The ride people keep coming back again and again for

Okay let's review shall we... First of all no one has said that they are getting a waterpark next. In fact I am just going to come out and say it that they ARE NOT getting a waterpark next. This is not what Adam is speaking about so we can all stop stressing over that. Next, if they build a waterpark it will be the end of Blue Lagoon, it will go and they will re-use the land so no dramas in regards to having to walk to two areas. Best bet is to use the TB site for a waterpark and the BL site for the next coaster as it gets some focus away from the right hand side of the park. Saying that "you can just go to WnW" is exactly why Dreamworld would want a waterpark. They don't want you going to WnW, it's the opposition. Movieworld is a dry park and it's water park is WnW, works there so no reason it can't work for Dreamworld. If DW did want to invest in a Water Park they could easily compete with WnW in terms of technology. It's only a matter of making a call to Coffs and ordering some fiberglass from AWL. If they wanted to beat WnW they could do so easily by importing some overseas designs. Look at SFMM and Huricane Harbour, the two work perfectly, this is the exact type of arrangement you would see with DW. Makes perfect sense to me.

Great post djrappa. I think you're very right - it would be a logical idea to use the Blue Lagoon site as the location for another coaster. That right hand side of the park definitely is too heavy at the moment. The park map is all out of balance. A big wooden coaster would suit that area really well. The old Thunder Bolt site would be perfect for a waterpark as it is directly adjacent to Ocean Parade and the theming tie-in would be perfect. Although considering DW and their usual theming consistency I can't see that one happening

My concern is, if this water park thing, does come to be (IF), exactly what type of ride would fit into the Blue Lagoon area. I'm talking about size here, relative to some other part of the park, how big is the Blue Lagoon area. I don't know because the two times I've been to Dreamworld, I skip Blue Lagoon :)

Very well said djrapper. I'd just like to add to that - 'reasons why Dreamworld should get a new waterpark':

• the water pressure in their current waterpark is insufficient (for expansion).
  • a larger waterpark would widen their market.
  • able to compete directly with Wet 'n' Wild.

Although considering DW and their usual theming consistency I can't see that one happening
I think Dreamworld have changed their attitude towards themeing (after Stephen became the CEO). The Claw, their latest ride, is great! I can only see the waterpark being better...

It would make sense for Dw to get a waterpark, since DW could do their own park hopper type deal between the waterpark and the dry park. I would also be easier to build a waterpark from scratch since it could be master plannned to make efficient use of space and have intergrated attractions (like Wild Wadi, Schlitterbahn beach etc). But one question, why is it that everyone thinks that an expansion at the TB site should carry the Ocean Parade theme. It's as if people think it is the only theme possibility for the area. Once upon a time Country Fair and Ocean parade co-existed there so why cant we have a different themed area instead of just an oceanic theme?

Hmm, there are a few themes that they could do. -Australiana -Rainforest/Amazonian -Some sort of ancient civilisation (Egyptian, arabian) -A simple unthemed waterpark (eg bright coloured slides with nice plant life) -Pacifc Islands -Wild Western -Carribean -African -Snow/Alpine Personally I would like a nice rainforest theme with ruins and stonework. like something you would see in Thailand or Vietnam. It would just be relaxing and inviting. Think tomb raider.

don't forget that all the waters in tomb raider rainforest sets generally had anacondas or something similar in them. Australiana? Aint no clear blue waters in that billabong mate... Arabian? A Waterpark? Sure, and while we're at it, lets send some alaskans a freezer. Wild West? Show me one clear blue pool in the wild west...? the same goes for Africa... and as far as Snow and Alpine? Snow and Ice themed waterpark? only if you plan on SKATING across the swimming pool... But I will give you the simple unthemed waterpark, the pacific islands, and the carribean... i think on the whole that shows why its better just to theme it Ocean Parade... two "tropical paradise" type locations, with two different themes, right next to each other? blechhhh!

You asked for it. Asian Rainforest - http://www.balivision.com/travel/images/waterbom_4.jpg Arabian - http://www.kidsclubholidays.com/dubai/dubai-image3.jpg Australiana - http://www.jamberoo.net/R_billabong.asp Alpine - http://www.orlando-sunshine-villas.co.uk/i...zzard_beach.jpg African - http://www.kalahariresort.com/WI/Waterpark...ides.aspx?rID=3 Wild West - Well i couldnt find anything, but think along the lines of WWF, but waterslides instead of a boat ride. Another thing to note, it would most likley be seperated admission with a seperate entry. So it would only neighbour Ocean Parade. Making it a maching theme would be like saying WnW should have a movie theme because its next door to WBMW.

Personally I would like a nice rainforest theme with ruins and stonework. like something you would see in Thailand or Vietnam. It would just be relaxing and inviting. Think tomb raider.
I'd have to say rainforest has always been my favourite theme of water park, provided it is done extensively enough. It just has so many possibilities, and of course water and rainforest go hand in hand. Ruins and stonework is cool, but only if they go at least to the extent of using concrete rather than fibreglass, which seems to be an ongoing trend in all Australian theme parks (it is NOT that way in US parks). I disagree that there has been a change in quality of theming at Dreamworld. I see no major change in quality from attraction to attraction over the past 15 years or so.