Dreamworld Flyer

TBoy

On 2/11/2023 at 7:52 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

from the entrance, the view is the photo opportunity. the view of the ride can be had from the lower end of main street. this was always the plan and shouldn't be anything new to anyone.

IMG_4086.thumb.jpeg.15e7c1799b651b63506638b65df90a43.jpeg

This view is from main street but it doesnt show all those buildings so kind of expected this would also be the view when you walk in

Dont understand why they wouldnt want this to great you when you enter instead of some home brew metal sphere thought up by people responsible for the accident

32 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Dont understand why they wouldnt want this to great you when you enter instead of some home brew metal sphere thought up by people responsible for the accident

I’m sorry, what? Preferring a better immediate view of the ride over a view of the Globe first is fine (though, I think the general consensus would be opposite, especially for social media purposes. And it’s worth noting that concept art is *art* depicting a *concept*, and therefore almost always differs from the final product), but I don’t even know what you’d need to be to use the accident as justification for wanting a slightly different viewing angle of an entirely unrelated ride.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

This view is from main street but it doesnt show all those buildings so kind of expected this would also be the view when you walk in

You're cooked 

11 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

It was never going to look like this, even if the park wanted it too because where’s the ride operator booth? Where are all the ride motors going to be stored? There was always going to be some buildings, and just having one would’ve looked out of place, so in that case there was always going to be two because they’d be stupid to not have the queue under shelter 

On 03/11/2023 at 8:44 PM, Gobbledok said:

This view is also lacking any buildings whatsoever for plant room, operator booth, or queue line. It's also not the entry view, and is looking from the claw side of the attraction, given the globe is left, sky voyager straight ahead, and the candy and ice cream shop further down. 

However it also show's Kenny's \ the food court buildings, so perspective is a little off, which is to be expected, because...

IT'S AN ARTISTS IMPRESSION AND CLEARLY NOT CONSTRUCTION PLANS - which we've all been able to view for months now, so again, this shouldn't have come as a surprise.

8 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

A vast majority of your comments recently have been taking Dreamworld to the gallows for the most minor of problems whilst completely ignoring the project as a whole. It makes you look desperate for something to complain about. 

LOL.  I thought we here to talk about theme parks and not me.

The buildings are great and if you go back through this topic, you will see, I said that.

Edited by New display name

Greenery will make it look better but the 3 layers of pool fencing I don't like.   

What is even the point of this fence?  Why is the fencing so high above the handrails?  

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.thumb.jpg.3398ed5020a5466b3fd86b03d9f2915d.jpg

Let's go to the expensive of great building that are in keeping with the other facades of the area and whack 3 ugly fences in front of them.🤷‍♂️

As for what I would do.  I would match the stage.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.JPG.2eab3f3cdcbb10f61a3e1352b8463abf.JPG

6 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't care. Answer the question.

You brought it up.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, New display name said:

Greenery will make it look better but the 3 layers of pool fencing I don't like.   

What is even the point of this fence?  Why is the fencing so high above the handrails?  

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.thumb.jpg.3398ed5020a5466b3fd86b03d9f2915d.jpg

Let's go to the expensive of great building that are in keeping with the other facades of the area and whack 3 ugly fences in front of them.🤷‍♂️

As for what I would do.  I would match the stage.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.JPG.2eab3f3cdcbb10f61a3e1352b8463abf.JPG

You brought it up.

You’re right, a bumpy plank ramp (aka ‘headache’ before rain, ‘slide’ after rain), with railings conveniently located at the exact head/neck height of a wheelchair user, is a much better decision than what they currently have.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

whenever the park does something someone on here always has to find something to complain about. the globe + what they’ve done to the entrance looks great, the ramp looks good and that’s all there is to it. let’s just be grateful our parks are receiving a LOT of investment instead of trying to find little things to complain about, it’s tiring.

• Like 1

Do you know what is more annoying @Rivals   All the Karen's on here, telling people what they can say.  Telling people people what to do.  @Brad2912, Brad, Brad, you be a good boy and copy and paste news articles from  now on.   F%^k me.

If people don't like what I have to say, don't read my post.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, New display name said:

Karen's on here

Spot the ‘Karen’:

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think it looks fine. what would you have done differently?

8 hours ago, New display name said:

Bunnings pool fencing.  Shitty painted block walls.  That ramp looks SHIT!   What the hell is DW thinking?

And no one’s saying what you can & can’t say/do, but if what you’re saying isn’t agreed upon, irrational, and/or easily explained against, the nature of literally any impartial public speak means there’ll be people who don’t agree and attempt to rationalise/explain it. It’s happened to literally everybody on here before, you’re not being oppressed. Welcome, and if you’re still pissed off about the forum not being a complete echo chamber, hope you find what you’re looking for.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Spot the ‘Karen’:

And no one’s saying what you can & can’t say, but if what you’re saying isn’t agreed with & easily explained away, the nature of a public forum means there’ll be people who don’t agree & explain it away. It’s happened to literally everybody on here before, you’re not being oppressed. Welcome to the Internet.

Everything you said with your reply was you making shit up.   All I could do was laugh at you.   

57 minutes ago, New display name said:

Do you know what is more annoying @Rivals

idk, grown adults complaining about a ramp only used to create the photo op more accessible for families is pretty annoying tbh. it looks fine, it does its job and that’s it. do we really have nothing better to do on a friday night.

ANYWAYS, with the walls down im guessing the ride could atleast soft open within the next two weeks, i think most of the testing has been done outside of park hours.

Edited by Rivals

• Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer