Fright Nights 2023

TBoy

My first time at FN, and I had a great experience overall. Like many others, I found The Conjuring maze to be the best, but was disappointed with DCeased. 

I had been to FearPhobia last year and felt that the mazes and actors were very low-budget, almost like something you would expect at a small-town Halloween party. However, I was surprised by the superior production throughout FN.

One suggestion I have for improvement would be to implement a clearer transition between the scare zones. It was hard to tell where one ended and the other began, especially at Main St. I think adding dark tunnels could improve the atmosphere and offer more opportunities for scares while people walk through. Also, if each scare zone had its own portal or gate, it would help people feel more immersed in the theme of that area.

33 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

I'm going to Fright nights on the 21st I have already brought my fast pass to the rides and mazes does anyone know how long the ques were with the Fast pass The main rides I want to do is Dc Rivals SE and WWF and then hopefully have time to do some mazes.

Conjuring was about a 15 minutes wait with fast pass, DCeased was the same, every other maze was practically walk on.

I did FP for DC and Superman around 7:30ish and they were walk on 

Edited by kujotess

7 minutes ago, kujotess said:

Conjuring was about a 15 minutes wait with fast pass, DCeased was the same, every other maze was practically walk on.

I did FP for DC and Superman around 7:30ish and they were walk on 

Thanks for the response I have been pumped for fright nights all year

I think for next year they should reshuffle the maze locations for the new mazes. Keep the pre-existing (Hellship, Circurse and DCeased) where they are, but make one of the new ones use the entire Conjuring/Death Row shed and the other one use the WB Showcase shed, with Batman legacy likely to be swapped out soon. If they did it this way they could also most likely add a 6th maze in the second half of the DCeased show stage, as it used very little of the existing space. The main issue with the new mazes was they felt short, so this would fix that easily and add more quality to the line up.

4 hours ago, STRAWS said:

I'm going to Fright nights on the 21st I have already brought my fast pass to the rides and mazes does anyone know how long the ques were with the Fast pass The main rides I want to do is Dc Rivals SE and WWF and then hopefully have time to do some mazes.

If you bought fast pass you’ll get everything done easily, probably within 2hrs

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

I think for next year they should reshuffle the maze locations for the new mazes. Keep the pre-existing (Hellship, Circurse and DCeased) where they are, but make one of the new ones use the entire Conjuring/Death Row shed and the other one use the WB Showcase shed, with Batman legacy likely to be swapped out soon. If they did it this way they could also most likely add a 6th maze in the second half of the DCeased show stage, as it used very little of the existing space. The main issue with the new mazes was they felt short, so this would fix that easily and add more quality to the line up.

I’d much rather 3 detailed quality mazes that last more than 1 minute than 6 half assed ones 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I’d much rather 3 detailed quality mazes that last more than 1 minute than 6 half assed ones 

i mean they have 5 mazes this year and they’re all good quality, i think they could pull off 5-6 good quality longer mazes.

if it was up to me, DCeased would be gone for next year and one big maze would be put into that shed, with Hellship and Circurse being extended. i’d also love to see an original IP maze based on a Coven, then the main IP maze being Scream.

If other parks around the world can do 6+ high quality long mazes i think they can too, they just have to want to do it.

Edited by Rivals

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

i mean they have 5 mazes this year and they’re all good quality

But they were all short, which may or may not have correlated to the quality - less rooms/less actors/less scenes = more $$ to put into each scene.

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

other parks around the world can do 6+ high quality long mazes i think they can too, they just have to want to do it.

Are the parks you are comparing to of equal size, market, attendance and revenue? 

On 16/10/2023 at 10:18 PM, Brad2912 said:

But they were all short, which may or may not have correlated to the quality - less rooms/less actors/less scenes = more $$ to put into each scene.

Are the parks you are comparing to of equal size, market, attendance and revenue? 

This years mazes have more rooms than the majority of their predecessors. DCeased is far bigger than IT was as well.

More actors have also been added to majority of the mazes between week 1 and week 2.

18 minutes ago, New display name said:

It doesn't matter how many extra actors they add to DCeased.  The lighting sucked and the oversized rooms, created no atmosphere.  Plus no real thought or direction went into the actors.

I was addressing one of your complaints, now the goal posts have moved...

Lighting in the maze was also adjusted over the last week. Some people are stating the rooms are so small that people are getting hit, others are saying they're oversized. Which is it?

18 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

I was addressing one of your complaints, now the goal posts have moved...

No goal post have been moved.  All I'm saying is adding more actors would do nothing to fix the issues.

20 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Lighting in the maze was also adjusted over the last week.

@Brad2912went the second week and he said, DCeased sucked.

21 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Some people are stating the rooms are so small that people are getting hit, others are saying they're oversized. Which is it?

One person said that and everybody else disagrees with the one person, I believe.

57 minutes ago, New display name said:

Do you care to elaborate how the goal post have been moved in this case or are you just sooking again?

Well even if adding actors and changing  the lightning did nothing to help the atmosphere it couldnt have made it any worse. How is @DaptoFunlandGuysooking if he is just pointing out what other people are saying to the goal posts have slightly moved even if its not for the better.

Edited by STRAWS
  • Like 1

@STRAWS  Dapto added nothing to the conversation and just and just did his standard keyboard warrior, manbaby remark.

I didn't move no goal post as I addressed @ShakeShack comment and didn't say Shake was wrong.  All I have done is add to the conversation.  Even though more actors may have been added, DCeased still sucks, and I told @ShakeShackwhy it still sucks.

16 hours ago, New display name said:

Do you care to elaborate how the goal post have been moved in this case or are you just sooking again?

14 hours ago, New display name said:

I didn't move no goal post as I addressed @ShakeShack comment 

Yet again, you're assuming everything I say is about you. 

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Oh boy, you have eaten desert before eating your vegetables.

Lol don't I know it, only way I could work it into my schedule. Knott's and Uni Hollywood absolutely knocked it out of the park this year. I took video of the new mazes at Knotts, and they took over 8 minutes to get through without any stopping.

3 minutes ago, downunder said:

Lol don't I know it, only way I could work it into my schedule. Knott's and Uni Hollywood absolutely knocked it out of the park this year. I took video of the new mazes at Knotts, and they took over 8 minutes to get through without any stopping.

You need to share your videos.