Sea World Maintenance Schedule 2024

themagician

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Makes sense that Leviathan would go down for shorter periods but more often, gotta look after that wooden track.

2 weeks maintenance, 6 weeks operational cost savings 😄

Feels like MW are taking the piss when the rides are down to save money, while other rides have broken down and MW don’t open the ride back up to fill the gap.

Edited by New display name

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, New display name said:

Is this the end of 2 months maintenance periods or is this just a MW thing?

I just checked.  Nope MW still doing their bullshit 2 mouths maintenance at MW. SW mechanics must be more efficient.

I think it’s a bit different. Leviathan’s needs are very different to anything else Village has so they’ll stagger it out throughout the year to look after the wood throughout the year as opposed to 2 months in a nondescript off peak period.

Also Sea World’s rides are much younger on average than Movie World. Most of the rides going down for 2 months are old (or getting repainted in the case of Rivals)

On 13/01/2024 at 8:00 AM, Baconjack said:

I think it’s a bit different. Leviathan’s needs are very different to anything else Village has so they’ll stagger it out throughout the year to look after the wood throughout the year as opposed to 2 months in a nondescript off peak period.

Also Sea World’s rides are much younger on average than Movie World. Most of the rides going down for 2 months are old (or getting repainted in the case of Rivals)

Storm Coaster & Jet Rescue younger?  It's clear as day, what MW is up to.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, themagician said:

It’s SWs turn for ridiculous amount of ride closures. Storm, Jet Rescue, Trident & Vortex all currently closed. This only leaves Leviathan, so hopefully that doesn’t go down as well.

Where did you find this information?

Boating School Blast and Trident are the only two attractions currently down.

30 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Where did you find this information?

Boating School Blast and Trident are the only two attractions currently down.

Im guessing that was earlier in the day, and the others opened up later?

• 4 weeks later...

Not maintenance, but let's post it in a maintenance thread. 

Yes, I knew they'd gotten it, mainly because I have enough friends in the industry that I had seen what came out of the brass ring awards this year. The creative team behind the eggs did a great job, and my son owns two of the darn things (calling one "rare" was fucking marketing genius).

(Side note - the folk who did Village key absolutely botched and cannibalised this product with the 'digital eggs' that had characters bearing no resemblance to those created for this physical product, and i'm so glad it appears the Key died a quiet death.)

Not sure i'd advertise it the way they are, but good on them for getting it and kudos to the team who worked on the product. Now if we could just get a decent quality polo shirt and some zip up hoodies in the lineup instead of all the t-shirts, that'd be great. 

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Not sure i'd advertise it the way they are, but good on them for getting it and kudos to the team who worked on the product. Now if we could just get a decent quality polo shirt and some zip up hoodies in the lineup instead of all the t-shirts, that'd be great. 

Yeah, the eggs are definitely a creative idea for park merch, I was just surprised to see the sign about its award. Also, yeah, just any more merch that’s noticeably ride-related and good looking would go a long way (I’ll keep saying it, they’ve done the cutout for Levi w: coasterdynamix, at the very least collab with ‘em for Rivals, Superman, or upcoming projects).

Edited by Tricoart

15 hours ago, Tricoart said:

they’ve done the cutout for Levi w: coasterdynamix, at the very least collab with ‘em for Rivals, Superman, or upcoming projects).

Yep, I bought the bastard that is the Leviathan model, and it was probably the second hardest construction of all the  ride models i've put together (this was the hardest if you're wondering). I've got a couple other Dynamix models and nanocoasters and all were really good to put together and I really like them...

But i'm wondering how popular they are in the wider community... Without knowing the sales of the Leviathan model, it's hard to comment, but if they haven't decided to get others done, its possible the leviathan one didn't sell as well as they'd hoped?

(And the other issue at movie world is whether WB \ DC will licence them to do it, which is a pretty big roadblock)

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

(And the other issue at movie world is whether WB \ DC will licence them to do it, which is a pretty big roadblock)

Turning to Six Flags, they’ve got multiple Nanocoasters for their DC coasters (Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc.), so it doesn’t seem like that should be an issue. And yeah, I obviously don’t have the sales figures for Levi’s cutout set (which, I agree, is way too hard for families/younger audiences to enjoy), but there are other coasterdynamix things that are easier to set up than cutouts (Nanocoasters), and rides that have more marketability for general/tourist audiences than Leviathan does (DCR, Superman). So, if Levi’s cutout did underperform, it’d be short-sighted for them to blame that on the concept itself.

Edited by Tricoart

It's easy to say 'everyone else is doing it so why can't we' but the fact is we don't know the details of the licensing arrangement. Six Flags is also a much bigger company, and they also do far more merch (and sell far more) than our parks do too.

Our parks have limited merch space, and if they tested it, and it didn't sell, they're not likely to test it again just because they can slap a logo on it (not to mention Levi was sold 'at launch' whereas the other rides you're advocating for aren't new rides so there's a bit less of an interest (and budget) to promote the specific rides (though I do wish they'd do more ride specific merch)