Tornado Ride

clone_tk422

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WnW used to have a stunt show on the speed slides. They'd close down for a period during the day when they'd do the show. Some of the other stuff they'd do is get a real good runup and end up with huge amount of air on the bumps and be able to flip around. As well as "surfring" down the slide like you see, they would also surf down the slide standing on someone lying down on their stomach. I can't recall what else they used to do, but I can imagine slaughtering the daily speed record was part of it.

I think the transformation of the Speed Slide into the Speed Coaster was a very good one. Both the look and actual ride experience of the Speed Coaster is much more in line with modern waterparks. Just take a look at the old Speed Slide - how dated does that look! I personally found the Speed Coaster to be very enjoyable and seeing as though the 2 of us riding it were adults we managed to go quite a way up the runout hill. I totally agree with Gazza that the addition of Mach 5 is almost a full circle for the park, except that Mach 5 looks a little more modern than the Speed Slide did. The Black Hole slides are actually lots of fun and I think the park had a need for more enclosed tube slides. However, I am never overly impressed with 2nd hand additions, particularly waterslides

They were running water down the tornado, and some tubes lying aroud the place the other day. I guess there testing it cause september is coming up soon. Also Matilda the Kangaroo, as you walk in its there, its being removed and located. Its cut in half at the moment and getting a new paint job and placed somewhere else in the park.

This is from the Wet 'N Wild website (www.wetnwild.com.au): "WEATHER WARNING- A TORNADO WILL SOON BE HITTING WET'N'WILD! Wet'n'Wild Water World will soon be opening the awesome and impressive TORNADO- the first of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere! This giant slide will complete the awesome new Extreme H20 Zone - an enormous new thrill slide area that is sure to get pulses racing, featuring gigantic, king-sized slides offering adrenaline addicts the ultimate extreme aquatic experience. Riders will begin their wild journey on the unique TORNADO super-slide from a 15-metre high platform, then blasting down a 40-metre long tunnel into the middle of a storm. Here they'll spin around the TORNADO's funnel in a four person clover-leaf tube splashing back and forth through the menacing, swirling water. The exciting experience will culminate as riders are sent hurtling through the eye of the storm to the calm waters below. KEEP CHECKING THIS PAGE FOR OPENING DATES & FURTHER DETAILS!

Geez, that was quick!! They are already testing the slide and it's only early August! Fingers crossed that it opens before Queensland school holidays :unsure: . Melbourne's school holidays start the week before Queenslands and i'm going up before QLD's school holidays. Therefore, the parks usually open their new rides just when i leave and I always have to wait until the next time i go to the GC to ride them, very annoing. :angry: What do you people's think about the opening dates? (Oh, by the way, I'm still in High school so i don't really have a choice of what days my family and i go up to Queensland) CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

In an email I received from the PR at Movie World, they told me that the projected opening date is the weekend of the 16th & 17th of September. We were planning to go on the 15th so I had to re-arrange the dates. I'm in NSW and I know QLD holidays start before ours but could someone confirm the actual day they start? Thanks, EDIT: Here's part of the email:

We are planning to open Tornado on the weekend of the Sat 16/Sun 17 September. This date should be fairly reliable. Kind Regards, Rebecca Smith
Edited by WnW_Rocks

In an email I received from the PR at Movie World, they told me that the projected opening date is the weekend of the 16th & 17th of September. We were planning to go on the 15th so I had to re-arrange the dates. I'm in NSW and I know QLD holidays start before ours but could someone confirm the actual day they start? Thanks, EDIT: Here's part of the email:
yeah she told me that too and was quite confident about it