Seaworlds New 2006 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what? Your wrong. I've never spelt Dreamworld as Dream World or Disneyland as Disney Land or Movieworld as Movie world or Seaworld as Sea World. So i'm NOT as bad as the others.
But Sea World is actually written as 2 words and so is Movie World. Dreamworld is the only one which is written as one word (and of course Disneyland etc.) and without a capital 'W' for world. It is actually one of my pet peeves but it seems to be something people seem to have difficulty with especially in relation to theme park names. There are even a number of theme park fan sites which get the word spacing and capitals wrong in the park names (roller-coaster.com.au however is always spot on which is great). WhiteWater World is one of those which is already driving me crazy. We all know by now how Dreamworld has chosen to present the name but there are already so many people putting the capitals in the wrong place etc.... White Water World, Whitewater World, Whitewaterworld, WhiteWater World And just to bring it back on topic I better say something about the Eye. I agree that it is good to see that the park is not upcharging for this attraction which they could have so easily done if they were Dreamworld. While I am not personally excited about this ride I do think it will add great value to Sea World and is another nice complementing attraction for the Gold Coast if it becomes permanent

But Sea World is actually written as 2 words and so is Movie World. Dreamworld is the only one which is written as one word (and of course Disneyland etc.) and without a capital 'W' for world. It is actually one of my pet peeves but it seems to be something people seem to have difficulty with especially in relation to theme park names. There are even a number of theme park fan sites which get the word spacing and capitals wrong in the park names (roller-coaster.com.au however is always spot on which is great). WhiteWater World is one of those which is already driving me crazy. We all know by now how Dreamworld has chosen to present the name but there are already so many people putting the capitals in the wrong place etc.... White Water World, Whitewater World, Whitewaterworld, WhiteWater World And just to bring it back on topic I better say something about the Eye. I agree that it is good to see that the park is not upcharging for this attraction which they could have so easily done if they were Dreamworld. While I am not personally excited about this ride I do think it will add great value to Sea World and is another nice complementing attraction for the Gold Coast if it becomes permanent
Fair enough.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention dreamworld_rulz. I will deviate from the topic of Sea World's fantastic new Ferris wheel for just a few moments to clear up this issue (if you're just after Sea World information, feel free to skip this post). Not once in my brief post did I accuse you of misspelling Disneyland or Dreamworld. I made a comparison between you and the people who misspell these proper nouns. It is my personal opinion that you are 'as bad' as people who engage in this hideous activity. The specific reasoning behind an opinion can be 'wrong', such as the facts relied upon to make such a statement, but the opinion itself cannot be wrong. The fact that you think the opinion is wrong is in itself an opinion—the irony.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention dreamworld_rulz. I will deviate from the topic of Sea World's fantastic new Ferris wheel for just a few moments to clear up this issue (if you're just after Sea World information, feel free to skip this post). Not once in my brief post did I accuse you of misspelling Disneyland or Dreamworld. I made a comparison between you and the people who misspell these proper nouns. It is my personal opinion that you are 'as bad' as people who engage in this hideous activity. The specific reasoning behind an opinion can be 'wrong', such as the facts relied upon to make such a statement, but the opinion itself cannot be wrong. The fact that you think the opinion is wrong is in itself an opinion—the irony.
No worries. Were only humans after all. :D

Um sorry, everyone has an opinion here, so I feel I should express mine. It's not a "hideous activity" to spell a word wrong. I mean seriously.. it's a simple mistake (and it's not even spelt wrong... it's just grammar). I'm sure you'll both live when you see the next Dream World or Movieworld. If that really ticks you off, good luck with the rest of your life because there are going to be way worse things than grammatical errors on a board.

That's the way it sounded to me.. seriously.
It looks pretty good. I think it fits Seaworld's style and just broadens the rides (rather then stick to JUST family or JUST thrill rides). I would of prefered an inverted ferris wheel but... if I can remember correctly, they're going to be the "new craze."

No offense but sometimes I dont know if the members on R-C are a bunch of little kids, seriously you have a problem just say it, the other person has a problem with them just say it to and then forget about it. Don't keep going on about it. A forum is for personal opinions... thus this my opinion :) Anyway back to topic: Now... has any got any updates or pictures of the wheel?

Now... has any got any updates or pictures of the wheel?
Hm.. no offence but I wouldn't go searching around all day for pics of the wheel. I'm not saying it's a bad addition to the park (infact I think it fits in quite well), but yeah, just not something I would go searching around for. On another note, if anyone DOES find pics of the wheel (guh, with the ^^ I'm not suggesting searching for pics is a BAD thing either) then I shall look at them. If you had trouble de-coding all that, here's the easy version: I'm lazy so give me pics or I'll eat your children (and dinner).

A quick search on google with the term "London Eye height" yeilded 135m. And looking at this sites own park and ride database, the height of the Sea World Eye is 60m. There is nothing wrong with doing your own research instead of getting others to spoon feed you the answers....

Edited by Gazza

I'm a bit slow here but it's just occured to me. "There is also a single 'VIP' gondola available for hire where riders are treated to luxury with a plasma screen and the option for champagne." What would the plasma be for? After all your looking at the scenery not at a movie.
It could be used to provide a virtual tour guide. Showing you where to look and commentary and then the person being able to look out for themselves and see. Or, if it can be used for functions. A business could use it for presenations, or to display videos. Heaps of possibilites.