Wet N Wild Future

mattcrombie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wnw still have a problem with line up's, there's one on almost every single slide when I wet up in June the average time we waited for a ride was 20 minutes..that's not much compared to peak periods but there was at least 30 waiting for the black hole when we got off plus there was a huge line up on the actual stairs and if there had been any rafts at the bottom the stairs would have had more people. Terror Canyon's we're an hour and 20 minute wait. Wnw still have a huge problem with line ups.
I know what you mean but the problem with WnW is that you have to wait for the person to either complete their ride or wait till their half way down.

Why not build a "carpark" slide, a bit like with SFMM and Scream. It wouldnt matter as much as if the slide is enclosed you cant see anything anyway. I can just see a mammoth slide going out over the carpark with a "creative" support structure, like what was done on the left side of mammoth falls in terms of building it over the existing maintenance area. They could also stick some more slides in with cyclone (there is a nice rectangular spot enclosed by the lift hill and first drop). They could go further and relocate some of the mainenance areas behind ocean parade if they got desperate. Hell, they can even build more waterpark on the other side of DW if need be. Schlitterbahn in the US is actually 2 smaller parks seperated by several city blocks, and to see the whole park you have to take a shuttle bus to the other side of the park. Though IMO i dont think WWW used space as well as it could have, there seems to be too much in terms of paved areas (and they reportedly trimmed down from what was orignally planned because the budget was going to be blown). Bottom line is that the place could have been a bit more "dense" and they should have tried to get as many rides as they could have in the space they had.

I like the carpark waterslides idea, sliding over cars would be really cool and different. I also think the carpark wont be a problem because they just doubled the size of the it which should cater for two theme parks for a few years.

Edited by aidan

You make a good point there Gazza, in reality if WWW wants to continue expanding after they use up the old Thunderbolt (current staff car park) area I'm sure there would have to be some options available to them. I really like your idea of building an enclosed Mammoth slide over part of the DW carpark. Not only would this be a good use of space but it would add more to the waterpark's skyline and would be very appealing from the road. I also think they would be able to squeese another slide or 2 into an area such as somewhere around the wavepool. I've noticed when you are looking into the park from the entry gates the skyline looks a little bare (besides the tornado/rocket at the front) so filling up the area around the wavepool with another slide or 2 would be beneficial. As we know DW directors are already considering future expansion based on the park's success. And I'm sure with a bit of creative thinking the park would have the potential to increase its size fairly significantly

Talking about the carpark, Has anyone ever heard of an underground car park!? :o Seems like you guys havn't. The one in Luna Park (nsw) works wonders for the park. I think DW/WWW could use this. I must say, I'm not a fan of waterparks. But I don't mind visiting them for the fun. However, I strongly agree with what someone said before. That WWW will have CRAZY lines as it is a small park, therefore they'd want more slides/pools & less themeing/que lines etc.

As much as I would prefer an underground car park I think it would cost less, as aidan said, not having to rip up the existing car park, rather just build on top of it. And, as aidan also said, they would have to think of a way to provide a temporary car park, and it looks lik DW is a little short of space at the moment

About the car park... when I went to dreamworld the other day, there wern't many spots left, only the back row was empty... and that was when school isn't on holidays, I dont dare to imagine the CHAOS (sorry if its incorrect spelling) these christmas holidays and other holidays to come. But may I ask something about dreamworld? Next to the big brother house they cleared alot of trees and and bulldosers and all those heavy machinery where laying dirt and flattening to it all out.. they were leveling the ground. my first though was... new ride, then I remembered... its right next door to BB house, that wont be it, so does anyone know what it is?

Is the big brother hosue still there? if so they could be building new things for next season.
Yeah its still there, but the thing is, its on the oposite side of the house, and about 10 metres before the house. It's on the side where the poles are with the lights joining them. They were also construction new paths along that main path and a whole new drive way, I have no idea what was going on, the driveway joined on with car park, so maybe its a new car park?

I seriously think an underground carpark would be good, But yeh. Also, Anyone remember the topic about how DW was building the resort/motel? Well, maybe when that happens (depending where it goes), they could build an underground carpark, below the motel/resort. However, I seriously don't think they'd be adding a new ride as of yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were, with MW's competion with Batwing & Superman... DW would need to do something soon.

They have had to make an additional car park on the right side of the outback show to help with customers and large crowds. Also for staff. The Wet n Wild carpark now meets with Outback show and goes over further to the right and the back to the studios. The back part is staff only.

I drove past the Parks today and WnW was very busy given it's not holidays - I could see big queues for Speed slide, H20 Zone and a pretty huge queue for Tornado (looked like at least 50pax waiting) The car Park was pretty full - only a couple of rows in the Outback car Park were available. I could see the new Car Park laid across to the right. That's going to be very handy this Xmas!! Over at DW, WWW is coming along nicely but really looks like a half day park to me right now. I guess with the crowds there this Xmas, patrons will be spending a good half of their days AT LEAST waiting in queue. This is when I think DW's new two park tickets will do well - I guess on a much bigger scale it's a similar thing to what happens in Disneyland. When it's too busy there, people head to DCA. No doubt in my mind, DW is going to face big problems with Car Parking it's guests this Xmas. Staff will no doubt use the old Thunderbolt site but that's only going to be a small help. There is little more room between the Carpark boundary and the Highway

Yeah when I went to wet n wild the line for twister was all the way down the ramp, aqua racer was out of que house, tornado to my surprise wasnt that bad, black hole was out of que house, side winders was ridiculous because the only had the left side (left when face the tower) operating, jet streams was still on the stairs, mammoth falls wasn't bad, didn't bother checking terror canyon out because its always busy annnd speed coaster was also out of que house.

They have never opened the right side of Sidewinders for some reason. Even in holidays. I dont know why.
Oh really? Wow thats weird. Oh but hey, on Saturday night (october 7th) the water was running through the slide but it had a rope around the station. Where as on thursday the water was not running, still with rope around te station. Also, the jet streams really hurt your back, and a little girl when on the left jet stream, and she got air born and her leg when underneath her and she did something to her ankle... she was crying so loud, I looked so painful to. I don't want to be a prude but the jet streams seem really dangerous...

Right side has been open the last few days on sidewinder... The newly laid carpark is actually our new staff car park for Outback Spectacular. The old staff car park has been taken over by the studios for a new and very impressive project (sorry strictly movie production, nothing ride related). Parking will be at a premium this summer with WnW opening extended ours and Outback Spectacular running afternoon as well as evening shows.

I don't want to be a prude but the jet streams seem really dangerous...
Well that type of slide is generally more risky than a regular body slide, but if you follow the lifeguard's instructions properly you should be fine. I have a rather fond memory of my friend catching a little too much air over the final hump and landing uncomfortably as a result. He turned around to watch the next person coming down and the first thing I noticed was a HUGE rip in his pants that wasn't there before. Pretty damn funny.

Also, the jet streams really hurt your back, and a little girl when on the left jet stream, and she got air born and her leg when underneath her and she did something to her ankle... she was crying so loud, I looked so painful to. I don't want to be a prude but the jet streams seem really dangerous...
Hence why you keep your legs crossed over with the feet sort of hooked together so that doesn't happen.