Possible new ride themes/ideas?

Chaos-Maniac

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&a...mp;t=k&om=1 Here's a google satelite image. Looking at it, it seems as though that if they wanted to, they might be able to fit something behind Scooby, to the side of the old Maverick building. They could also do a Dreamworld, where they compact their Carpark, and uild on the carpark, on the side of where Looney Tunes is.

A ride couldn't really go behind the leathal weapon because of the filming stages, they are still used all the time. A woody wouldnt be able to go behind WWF.... the damn neighbours! But it was a good idea.
I have wondered about tha, but if polyeuathane wheels were used, and sound barriers/tunnels were placed by the track (like Balder at Liesberg) i think the neighbours could be kept happy.

I like the idea of the Brothers Grimm ride Jack607 and while you go up the hill lift past the tower the queen could be in there then turn into the corpse like in the movie.
That's a good idea!! I don't know how it would be done, I'd either say it'd be at the top of the tower, however that might be only be seen by the people in the front row. If not the top, then maybe it could run along the side.. not that I know how else to do it (it'd probably have to be a hologram or a screen or something). Heck, the lift hill could even be INSIDE, however it's set outside... if that makes sense. So while you are going up the trees move, you can look below and view little red riding hood or whatever, really take a look at what's happening and then enter the tower, have a nice little shocker of the Queen before the drop and the rest of the ride. I'm sort of trying to make it seem like the pre-Superman show how there's a storyline and all.

1- I feel a woodie would REALLY suit the Wild West area at MW cause, you have to walk all that way just for WWF, it's a bit of a walk for one ride. I'm not paying out on the ride, it's great. I'd just love to see something more done up that end of the park. 2- I'm not really sure a Brothers Grim styled ride would suit MW. MW is already low on space for construction, and building a ride like this would mean a whole new styled 'area'. I think, MW should really just focus on the 'lands/areas' they currently have, like: -Chinatown (Lethal Weapon area). -Gotham City (Batman area). -Metropolis City (Superman Escape area). -Main Street (main street area, duh!). -Wild West (WWF area). -Looney Tunes Village (Looney Tune area, duh!). 3. If, MW was to create a Brothers Grim styled ride. They should, or could just create a "Horror Town" area. Maybe cutting off from behind Scooby. In this area they could incorporate the following movies into rides: House of Wax Shinning Interview with a Vampire Ghost Ship The Exorcist Clockwork Orange Little Shop of Horrors Deliverance Witches of Eastwick Bettlejuice 13 ghosts & so on... 4. I'm not sure whom created the movie. But I remember when I went to Disney Euro in 1999-2000 (New Years time) we went on a ghost train that was themed around some movie. I think, not correctly sure it was Psycho? It's the movie and there's like a motel and a massive masion ontop of a hill. And a guy kills people who stay in the motel? ... Yeh well my point is, They could also use this (If MW have to rights to).

Edited by Chaos-Maniac

A nice haunted mansion, or ghost train would suit House of Wax better. And at the end, they could try to make it seem like the whole building was melting away (like in the movie). However, if they were going to do this, I think they should use the same contractors DW used to make Big Red Car in Wiggles world. Also, like I said before.. I'm not sure if it's able to be done yet. BUT, they should try to have 2 different course's. Like both starting in the same station, however half way during the ride 2 different cars go on different course's. And then at the end merge together again.

They could make a walk through attraction of house of wax, that would be freaky.
Yeah but it's not as well known like Superman, Batman, etc. I think that's the problem, also there's the problem of what target audience they'd be looking to attract. I like the idea of a woody near the WWF area! :D

Yeah but it's not as well known like Superman, Batman, etc. I think that's the problem, also there's the problem of what target audience they'd be looking to attract.
That's true. Superman, Batman, Looney tunes and so on would attract an all age audience. However, If MovieWorld did create and theme the ride correctly, I think it would be able to suit an all age audience. Take Scooby for example.. it's sorta 'horror' themed, and if I was little kid, I really wouldn't want to go on it (even though they might not pass the hieght). Thats the thing, themeparks need to arrange rides to accomodate different age barriers. Hence why DW have created Nick Central, Wiggles World etc. I'd still love to see a Woodie go in around WWF area. As I said before, that area of the park needs something more. I'm just hopeing with BatWing that this is the beginning of them more 'populating' the themed areas. So, hopefully later down the track we could see something new go in Superman area, and it might end up looking like a city :)

If House of Wax was a box office success, or even a good movie, then I'd say it'd be a no brain-er to have as an attraction based on it. However, since it was neither of those then I think House of Wax is a film best left forgotten. I like the idea of a Wooden Coaster, though what to theme it too? I haven't seen anything coming out any time soon that lends itself to a wooden coaster. Personally, I'd like to see an interactive Warcraft ride based on the movie. Really, Warcraft is a pretty big franchise these days, and as far as I'm concerned, may as well be considered a cult, and a well executed shoot 'em up dark ride would probably be a draw even if the movie flopped. So long as the interactivity was played up, and the ride had a good "thrill" element to it, I think it'd go well. The other thing that draws me to a Warcraft ride is a comment Mark Shapiro made during IAAPA. During a speech, me mentions about the amusement industry being in competition with other forms of entertainment as much as it is with other amusement operators. Shapiro may be onto something here; Video games would of course have to be a major forms of competition against parks in general, and a ride that mobilises gamers would, IMHO, be a good way to combat this. Plus given its a Warner Brothers movie, it seems like it'd fit like a glove anyway. The only issue to me is if there's room in the Matrix building for a major ride.

Alright, not trying to sound like someone paying out woodies, as I think they're fun to ride, but seriously guys, it would kill MW's theming... I mean, I have never rode a woodie that doesn't have a fat, ugly dirt patch in the middle or 1 million supports protruding from the track. OIf they did, they had better make a massive theming job or it's reputation for best theming would be gone....:(

Theming can only go to far for woodies Swanny, I dont think it would wreak Movieworld's theming one bit. If they built one in the wild west section all they would have to do is plant some desert plants and and those grass clumps and cactuses with some sand.

Edited by aidan

Alright, not trying to sound like someone paying out woodies, as I think they're fun to ride, but seriously guys, it would kill MW's theming... I mean, I have never rode a woodie that doesn't have a fat, ugly dirt patch in the middle or 1 million supports protruding from the track. OIf they did, they had better make a massive theming job or it's reputation for best theming would be gone....:(
I disagree, a timber structure has a nice rustic look that would match the Wild West area well, though i think a steel structure would be more likley. But still, i dont mind the look of a wooden coaster, i cant understand why everyone seems to can it. Dont forget that the other two MWs have woodies too, and the theming at those parks seems pretty on par with our MW, if not better in some cases. I think a good approach would be just to have a sort of out and back layout that runs along the left side of WWF, with a twister finale. That way you would avoid big patches of empty land since the 'out' side and the 'back' side would be side by side (yes i said 'side' 4 times then) And anyway, i can imagine any empty spots being filled with a patch of those sierra pine trees. As for the on ride aspect, there would be those noise tunnels/walls similar to balder, but they could be appropriately themed (for example by hanging western style lanterns off them etc). These walls could also serve to block the view to any unavoidable ugly bits. And Joz, as for a theme, i say it should just be called "Wild West ________", it would sort of partner up with "Wild West Falls" if this was done. And if that fails, i think Time Warner have a Western Show that is on pay TV called "Deadwood", which sounds quite cool IMO. And good point about computer game themed rides, the great thing is many games already have an underlying theme. And when you think about it gameplay is often linear, and rides by their nature tend to be this way too. They could go retro too, what about a Tetris freefall ride or a Pac Man wild mouse :P

Tetris freefall, I love it! Maybe do the retro thing and add the Pac Man's Playpen that Great Adventure used to have. If you haven't seen the old ad for it thats been doing the rounds recently, check it out here Back on Topic: I don't think there's anything wrong with basing a ride on an the genre (Lets face it, Wild West Falls never had anything to do with the movie "Wild Wild West", and the "Western Action Show" wasn't really based on any specific movie), and seem to recall saying something to that effect ages ago. And it WOULD suit the Wild West theme on its own with minimal themeing, the way its described by Gazza sounds pretty much right to me. I can imagine WVTPs and Intamin would have a pretty good working relationship now, so get them in and get cracking.

I'd love to see the woodie twister around throughout the Wild West section of the park and Wild West Falls. Even if it's able to be done, have it go through parts of the mountain and go across that bridge of Wild West Falls (the one that's meant to be blown up). That way, it would seem more real, that something will get blown up? Also, to add more realism to the ride and theming. They could maybe try to copy Disney Land with the Expedition Everest themed coaster trains? But, give it a move wild west, rusted theme. This would add more of a mining, rusted old theme to the Wild West area and the ride. I'd really hate it if Movieworld went for any sort of inversions in the Wooden coaster, I feel it would just reuin the feeling and overall appearance of the coaster.

I'd really hate it if Movieworld went for any sort of inversions in the Wooden coaster, I feel it would just reuin the feeling and overall appearance of the coaster.
That sorta sounds like you're expecting a Wooden Coaster. I'm sure whatever their next attraction is, it'll be good, so don't get all worried about them wrecking the theming. As far as I know, they haven't stuffed it up yet and I doubt they'd stuff it up in the future.

I'd like to see the Matrix theme used more extensively than just a walk-through. I'd like to see maybe a simulator installed that follows "The path of the Osiris" from the third movie. You're in the giant ship and your travelling down a service pipeline, rushing to get back to Zion to raise the alarm and blow the EMP. They could have it set up so that the whole ride goes dark when the EMP gets hit.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I can see (and I've never been to MW Aus.), this park seriously needs a waterride! As i know, Movie World have Wild West Falls and a Looney Tunes orientated 'waterride'. And if that last one looks like the one they had in Germany, you don't get wet at all. At the Gold Coaster you have great weather, mostly warm (correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I see on the internet), so I guess waterrides are very populair over there! MW needs a rapid river or something like a splash battle, allthough that last one doesn't have a good capacity. For a rapid river they could use the theme of the German one. That looked great! Never Ending Story...

As far as I can see (and I've never been to MW Aus.), this park seriously needs a waterride! As i know, Movie World have Wild West Falls and a Looney Tunes orientated 'waterride'. And if that last one looks like the one they had in Germany, you don't get wet at all. At the Gold Coaster you have great weather, mostly warm (correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I see on the internet), so I guess waterrides are very populair over there! MW needs a rapid river or something like a splash battle, allthough that last one doesn't have a good capacity. For a rapid river they could use the theme of the German one. That looked great! Never Ending Story...
What is this Splash Battle that your park has? :huh: I agree with you that we need another water ride. But, I personally couldn't see MW building another one in the next 2 years. IF MW was to replace any rides, I'd like them to get rid of the Looney Tunes one, replace it with something orientated around Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory! :)