Looney Tunes River Ride vs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Swanny

Looney Tunes River Ride vs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Prefer?

• Keep The Looney Tunes River Ride
    • Scrap the ride and replace it with a ride based on the chocolate river scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    • Scrap the ride and replace it with a ride based on something else

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thats basically what I was thinking, im suprised you put so much effort into the photoshopping :P .

I do like this idea, but are you sure there'd be enough space?
Well, the amount you would rip up/rebuild on just depends on what you need to do. But its just a photoshop pic so its not like its exact or anything, just an approximation. Personally I dislike the monorail idea, i'd rather have the park in one big block rather than spread out, it gives a better feeling of leaving the everyday if you go into a park and sort of lose sight of the outside world (The best example of those who do this is Disney). If you go spreading it out you lose this sort of feeling and the area ends up feeling isolated.
You could walk it too. There would be shops etc on the way. It'd be like a continuation of the Main Street/Midway thing.
Yes, you could have a path leading there, but were talking something longer than main street here. You would have to have a lot of shops to fill in the space, and there is only a point to which this could be done before you start competing with yourself and spreading yourself thin. And lets face it, it would be a long and boring walk to get to this sort of out of the way area.
And, building on the existing car park would be like, what Luna Park does. It looks ugly, and ugh. Yucky. mellow.gif
Its also what DW did when they built WWW. In fact the whole situation mirrors what DW did 12 months ago in order to accomodate WWW. As djsupersleuth said, use a bit of common sense.
I just think bulldozing part of the car park then, rebuilding it would be a longer alternative. Because they'd have to hire people to demolish the section of the car park. Then, rebuilt it. When they could just build a transport ride to take guests to the newer section.
:rolleyes: Yes and to build a monorail you would have to do ground preparations too, not to mention actually putting in an order with a company to design and manufacture the monorail components/track, and on top of that other related infastructure (stations etc). LOL its not like RCT where you can put in a "Transport Ride" straight away... A carpark on the other hand is a simple affair that could be done in a couple of months. Edited by Gazza

Yeah, thats basically what I was thinking, im suprised you put so much effort into the photoshopping .
Thanks, I did it really quick I was gonna photoshop some rides in the picture I want there Oh well. I dont like the whole new main street either, it would take the glamour away from the origional. To build a new main street three quarters of it would be fake or maybe more because even now there are heaps of buildings that are nothing. Edited by aidan

I'm not against the area of a cohesive "entertainment area" between Movieworld and AOS. But I'm sorry, the carpark has to stay as is. If anything, the current carpark needs expanding, as it fills up routinly over Xmas, and thats with the unmarked gravel bit. If your hopeing to draw MORE people into the park, and if there's to be other shops and the like out the front, you'll need MORE parking, not less.

Ah Well, I guess the point of this whole deviation in the topic is that space is there if they desperately need it (They would need to have used up all the other areas around the park, eg between WWF and LW for example). Were talking several years down the track, and by then that whole WTPV precinct could be very different making it viable. But in the meantime they dont have to worry.

It would be a longer alternative but it is also WRONG, this is not the way they would do it. Common sense says you would build your new carpark then use the existing carpark to build upon. Anyway where would the cars park if you demolished the existing one first?
I just don't like the idea of building apon the existing one. Or, demolishing it. Think about it, the money that would be spent on demolishing it then rebuilding it up the back there could be spent (put towards) on a new ride/attraction like a monorail or even if the cost (put towards) of demolishing/rebuilding is enough to build a new coaster. Also. I'd be a longer walk for those who parked up the back there, seeming you'd demolish the existing one.
Thanks, I did it really quick I was gonna photoshop some rides in the picture I want there Oh well. I dont like the whole new main street either, it would take the glamour away from the origional. To build a new main street three quarters of it would be fake or maybe more because even now there are heaps of buildings that are nothing.
Your right with that. I can see where your coming from. Silly me. :P Oh well. It was only a idea. Maybe they could fill up this space with a massive coaster? Like has the car park extended then have a coaster flying out over the car park. Sorta like that coaster in the Blue Mountains thing. Orphan Rocker, I think it is. Edited by Chaos-Maniac

I just don't like the idea of building apon the existing one. Or, demolishing it.
Why, will doing so release evil spirits or something?
Think about it, the money that would be spent on demolishing it then rebuilding it up the back there could be spent (put towards) on a new ride/attraction like a monorail or even if the cost (put towards) of demolishing/rebuilding is enough to build a new coaster.
Building a carpark is quite a cheaper option compared to building and then running/maintaining a monorail. Going by this page: http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/HowMuch.html a short 800m long loop (im just estimating using the google maps scale) would cost around $4mil AUD if you went with the Intamin model listed.
Also. I'd be a longer walk for those who parked up the back there, seeming you'd demolish the existing one.
Yeah, but it would be just as long of a walk for those walking to the new bit within the park/ Edited by Gazza

Yeh. I guess all your points are correct. Oh well, like I said. It was only an idea. I'm not sure if it's Disney land. But do Disney Land have a tram thingy that runs down Main Street? I'd like to see something like this done. I hate having to walk all the way out to Wild West Falls, just for the ride.

Yeh. I guess all your points are correct. Oh well, like I said. It was only an idea. I'm not sure if it's Disney land. But do Disney Land have a tram thingy that runs down Main Street? I'd like to see something like this done. I hate having to walk all the way out to Wild West Falls, just for the ride.
Well there's more than one ride up there, you can also go on the SDSC while you're up there in that part of movieworld. And don't forget about the lethal weapon! Edited by sonic123488

Everybody has got really good Ideas!! :) . But, I have to go with the removing the carpark option. It is a much better idea to keep the park Togethor! Therefore, making less walking distance between attractions and areas of the park. The carpark can be easily removed (this is what DW done to accomadate WWW). So if what I hear people saying is true: "If DW can do it, MW can do it". Than there is no problem with taking out the carpark and replacing it with a new area. One question though, how will you make a walk-way to the area? A pathway could be made through the back of RR in Looney Tunes Village. Howevr, In the pic that Gazza has posted up, the area behind Road Runner looks covered in warehouses and buildings. So it could be tricky to make entry through there. CoasterBoy6

This probobly wouldnt work but as you can see there is a bridge near luny tunes villiage and as i recall there is a big wooden gate where the actors dissapear into to they could open that up and just theme it. Near the entrance maybe they could squeeze in a walkway there.

post-847-1168314885_thumb.jpg

Edited by aidan

^ I like this idea because it links one end of the park to the front (would help with crowd flow) Unfortunately, this whole area is Back Of House for Administration, the Costume shop and Wardrobe, Tech Services, Administration and Staff eating areas. It is a crucial 'nerve centre' to Park operations so I don't think it would be feasable to build a foot walk through the middle of it. There are so many other areas of land being explored for redevelopment at the moment and this is not one of them, well at least not for now anyway. I would expect to see the Lethal Weapon area to the western area linked up behind scooby as the next big "expansion" of the Park's footwalk areas

Wouldn't they be able to cut a section out near the Shrek 4D exit, and have it go to the new area?

I would expect to see the Lethal Weapon area to the western area linked up behind scooby as the next big "expansion" of the Park's footwalk areas.
Yeh, I agree with that one. Although, I don't think we'll see a new area start construction til maybe late 2008? Also, if MovieWorld was to do this expanding out into the car park. I couldn't see them doing this unless the get some pretty major direct competition for Dreamworld or a new player. As, building this new area would take abit of money and would also add a lot more attractions. They'd need the customers.

Wouldn't they be able to cut a section out near the Shrek 4D exit, and have it go to the new area? Yeh, I agree with that one. Although, I don't think we'll see a new area start construction til maybe late 2008? Also, if MovieWorld was to do this expanding out into the car park. I couldn't see them doing this unless the get some pretty major direct competition for Dreamworld or a new player. As, building this new area would take abit of money and would also add a lot more attractions. They'd need the customers.
Agreed. MW has always been focused on not 'over capitilising' the Park whereby more money is spent than people coming in to justify the outlay. It's a very delicate balance because at the same time, it is still a relatively new Park and capital growth is an important part of the Park maintaining it's position as market Leaders. Over the past 10 years or so where we have seen such dynamic expansion at MW, we have also seen a decline in attractions that are heavy on Staff to run as well as street entertainment and number of shows. This shift has also been essential in justifying the expenditure (to keep the day-to-day operating costs as low as possible)

Well see the cost of digging up carpark and replacing it with new asphalt is like bugger all compared to the cost of building a monorail system or similar. Especially when it comes to long term running costs, which is what you have to think about most off. With the way things have been this summer with MW, WnW and AOS I don't think it will be long before you see the precinct having to consider building a multi story parking structure to service all three properties. I don't think there is anyone that doesnt see the properties expanding further and one day merging as a complete entertainment precinct and when that happens I'd say that's how you'd see things going in regards to parking.

Choas-maniac before say something actually find out if its true, as far as I can see there is plently of room behind WWW and also beside which gazza has shown. The houses are BESIDE WWW.
Hey Aidan what your forgetting is that Movie World isn't an old filming company... their filming stages are still constantly used, if your talking about the stages behind the WWW then yeah there is no room, if your not talking about that then sorry. IMO I think the ride should stay! Maybe close it down and get everything back up to scratch, but apart from aging theming the ride is great, no matter how old you get :)