Scooby Doo Over loaded

mattcrombie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I mean something is wrong if they are looking at small things like using less fog juice to cut costs, why not look at their whole operation and drive profits that way?
The fog machines were replaced because of the residue the smokers were creating on the brakes. Smoke was created by burning oil like vegetable oil. When the smoke settled on the brakes it acted as a lubricant and you dont want that on brakes. This as not a problem for years and as compensated for by increasing the pressure the brakes applied to the cars. But there was an incident where a car went through a set of brakes and entered into the next block. The car was going so slow as it exited the brakes it was not a big deal but action had to be taken to prevent it. The easiest way was to remove the smoke and replace it with a fine water spray which has happened but is still in the testing stage to find a suitable timing and concentration level. Hope this answers a few queries :)

Something similar happened to me last year on Scooby Doo, just before the the Bunny hops at the end of the Wild Mouse Layout (1st hill I think) the ride came to a halt but didn't completely stop and went through almost crawling along and then stopped at the next block and the ride then stalled and we were walked off. Not sure if this is the same incident or not.

Unfortunately i find the water mist spray highly ineffective and doesn't add to the special effects of the ride and really does detract from the overall FX concept of the ride. Instead why don't they consider a atomising compressor based hazer using a glycol or glycerol based fluid instead of mineral oil base. Would be as effective as a standard hazer without the residue.

So, let me get this straight!! Movieworld has recently noticed a problem with the brakes on Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster. They have linked the problem to the smoke machines, becuase the stuff that is in the smoke machines goes from a gass state to a solid state around the brakes. This is not good because the cars can slip through the brakes, even on the highest pressure. So now MV have installed mist making machines to get rid of the oil (or whatever it is) that is clogging up the brakes. Ok, so if I've been reading right, 1. MW is using another liquid in the smoke machines other than Dry Ice???? 2. MW have already installed mist machines, OR, they are thinking about it???? I really think that MW needs to find something as good OR better than the smoke machines quick smart!! Scooby-Doo is just like a normal Mad-Mouse rollercoaster without this special effect. I especially like the smoke effect when you do the first of the two steep drops and you go straight through the fog, and you are really dishorentated!!! :D If anybody can clear these questions, please do so. Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Something similar happened to me last year on Scooby Doo, just before the the Bunny hops at the end of the Wild Mouse Layout (1st hill I think) the ride came to a halt but didn't completely stop and went through almost crawling along and then stopped at the next block and the ride then stalled and we were walked off. Not sure if this is the same incident or not.
You sure seem to have a lot of interesting things happen to you on rides when you visit.

The ghost train section was trouble free (although this raises another point - Scooby ghost train theming is SHOT to pieces - the blades at the camera aren't working, some of the animatronic voices aren't there, the spiel in the lift works only sometimes, and half of the other ghost animatronics have no sound, or lighting, and their timing is EXTREMELY off where it should be)
Think you got it on an off day, I went on the ride no less then a week after you and found the ride to be running well. I did read your post before hand and the only thing that seemed to not be working was one of the lights on the "Death" animatronic. It didn't really detract since as you were traveling around it, it appeared to get brighter and brighter, as it was only the light on one side that wasn't working. The mist in the Wild Mouse room worked really well the day I was there, and in fact I like the mist effect better then the fog, mostly because the mist doesn't smell as much as the fog did, and I couldn't tell any difference in the overall effect. I agree about the red light over the drop though, it doesn't do well enough to hide the drop. I know its not something that can easily be done, but if it were possible to cover up the sensor lights on the track so they aren't visable from on the ride I suspect that would go along way to restore the surprise effect of that drop.

Ah, It sounds like Movie World is letting their rides go. The last time I went to the Batman Simulator; It was looking a bit run-down, too.
yeah it still is one time batamn didnt even appear! and he started talking hhaha other than that his hand is a bit floppy when he says "hi folks".... its as if hes doing a gay wave

^Haha! Too long in the batcave with Robin. I don't think Movieworld is letting their rides go. I've been on Scooby Doo heaps recently. There are a couple of changes, but I think the biggest problem with this is that in busier times they really pack the people on, and all you need is for someone that is too big to fit to slow down the process and the whole place gets banked up. I would honestly have to say, be thankful that it does stop you at the point, because it means the thing is working properly. Not like Eureka!

• 1 month later...

i actually have been in the scooby doo ride wen notmin operation they had problems oneday when i was dere and i got a tour like thing and i actaually mangaed to help out and the block system is very basic no way it couldve been that but i yahve worked on it and the cars have emergency breaks on them their selved which have a sytem that determines how far away from one car it is and if it has to send a signal to put the breaks on mayb it was the cars jsut a slight mis hap in the distances and wham u got a stop and go ride lol

Hey themeparker. Welcome to this website. Just first things first though, would you mind watching your grammar & spelling on the site? Things such as full stops don't go astray, and words such as mayb do get frowned upon here. Just a quick question though for anyone on this site regarding Scooby Doo. I don't believe this warrants a new thread, but if richard feels the need, then richard can split this post away from this thread. I am heading to Movie World for the first time in yonke years now, and am quite looking forward to it. I once was a big marn, and weighed 135KG!, and hence could not ride rides such as The Claw and so on, however since last september I have lost a few KG, and now only weigh 90KG (which I am really happy with, I can now ride The Claw). But I am just wondering what my chances are of being able to ride Scooby Doo spooky coaster, as I understand it is quite a temperamental lap bar system.

I am heading to Movie World for the first time in yonke years now, and am quite looking forward to it. I once was a big marn, and weighed 135KG!, and hence could not ride rides such as The Claw and so on, however since last september I have lost a few KG, and now only weigh 90KG (which I am really happy with, I can now ride The Claw). But I am just wondering what my chances are of being able to ride Scooby Doo spooky coaster, as I understand it is quite a temperamental lap bar system.
Well myself being an 90 - 95KG guy who has ridden the SDSC plenty o,f times would imagine that you should be fine. Personally i would have thought your previous weight should be ok (depending on your waist mesurement lol.) but if any one knows better about either feel free to correct me.

My main problem previously was Intamin's restraint system, which made me realise I had an issue, and had to loose some of my crap, and also to give me a better life. I was just able to ride the Giant Drop, but had issues when it came to the Claw. However I can say that I have now experienced the claw (in april) and it was a great feeling for me to be sitting on that ride. But back to the topic in hand, has anyone else had a simular experience such as my own?

actually have been in the scooby doo ride wen notmin operation they had problems oneday when i was dere and i got a tour like thing and i actaually mangaed to help out and the block system is very basic no way it couldve been that but i yahve worked on it and the cars have emergency breaks on them their selved which have a sytem that determines how far away from one car it is and if it has to send a signal to put the breaks on mayb it was the cars jsut a slight mis hap in the distances and wham u got a stop and go ride lol Actually, I have been on the Scooby Doo Spooking coaster when it wasn't in operation. They had problems [with it] one day when I was there... I got a tour-like thing and I actually managed to help out! The block system is very basic, [there is] no way it could've been that. I have worked on it and the cars have emergency breaks on them, and [these breaks] have a system that determines how far [the car is] away from [another car]. If it has to send a signal to put the breaks on, maybe it was the cars [or] just a slight mishap in the distances... and wham, you have a ride that stops and go's...

Edited by myk

Lasers for the most part work. Occasionally 1 or 2 lasers isn't in operation in particular the laser that is infront of the turn table and occasionally the laser that hides the final drop doesn't operate I am not sure why this is, because they seem to be intermittant as far as would be operating during morning, then out at lunch then operating again in the afternoon. The fogmachine/hazers were replaced with water atomisers. They aren't very effective. but better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick thought on the lasers: If they are systems such as nightclubs and the entertainment industry use, they most likely have internal fans, but these are not enough to cool them completely, and often times will turn themselves off to allow them to cool enough. I've seen this happen in a nightclub where they had 4 lasers across the wall that would spray out over the crowd. Every so often the third would not be working. It turns out it's an auto-cooldown feature in the light. When I last was at Movieworld (26th May), everything appeared to be working properly. Some of the lights in the "eyes" of the cars weren't working properly. They've added an LCD screen to the queue line to make it a little more interesting. Some additional theming was added through the hairpin near the "death" figurine. The fog near the "hidden" drop was working again, although with the red laser it really does it no favours. The green made better sense, as it fitted the theming of the 'jungle' better, and also did better to hide the drop. Congratulations t-bone on the weightloss. I'm a little bigger than the 90kg mark, and I don't have any problems with restraints on any ride at Movieworld, so if you're down to 90 you should be fine!

Hey great job T-bone, from 135 to 90kg!!!, CONGRATS! Since were on the topic of Scooby-Doo, It seems that everything is working now. Even though there are water atomizers instead of fog machines, I don't think it would make a difference (except for the temperature in the warehouse). Scooby-Doo doesn't really have to have fog. All it used to do was cover the area where the little dips took place (after the first part of the coaster). I like the idea about why the lasers switch off (ads086). It actually seems plausable, and what could be happening with the lasers, cause people are saying that they switch off randomly (some times on sometimes off). Anyway, can't wait to ride all of MW rides in september, and especially Batwing + Superman. Oh, and I'll check out the new additions to scooby. CoAsTeRbOy8