Stage 3 is go go go

New display name

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For Staff? I doubt it. Parking where the staff currently have to park is inconvienient enough, let alone sending them all the way down to the BB overflow. Not to mention that area of the park is already set up for overflow admission, acts as a suitable entry point for guests, as well as helping with dispersion of people. Putting staff down there would easily add 10 mins to the travel time of staff, which doesnt sound like much, but that 10 mins makes a huge difference when you have to line up for uniforms/floats/sign on etc.

Edited by Lotl_90

DonjailnLA yes your right but my point being is with the company being in some trouble at the moment they are probably not to worried at the moment about the expansion when they have a company to worry about, but like i said it was only a thought that it could be something that is stopping the expansion from going ahead at the present moment.

Hmm, a few things... In my view Village Roadshow is a shoddily run company and has been for years. One of their few consistently profitable divisions is their theme parks. Reasons for their share price tanking has little to do with how their theme parks are performing. Share prices are not (necessarily) a reflection of profitability, nor are they are comparitive measure of success between two companies. Looking at any company on an internal level, so long as their investments pay off, they maintain a manageable level of debt and invest capital such that they can continue doing these two things into the future then the company is a success. Decisions are not made to influence share prices, they are made to maximise profits for the shareholders, which in turn causes the market to respond accordingly. Of course this is a generalisation and doesn't hold true for all companies, especially those where there is a majority shareholder such as Village Roadshow, but in the case of Macquarie Leisure it's fairly true. For the record I believe Macquarie Bank owns something like a 12% stake in Macquarie Leisure and aren't in fact even the biggest unitholder, so their influence in the company is fairly limited. Macquarie Leisure's unit price have to me been way over-valued by the market over the past few years, driven by their first real expansions since the company floated, and are now stabilising. My feeling is that once we leave this bear market (whenever that may be), we'll see Macquarie Leisure's unit price increase, but I can't see the $3+ happening soon without significant expansion of the company -- beyond the scope of buying up bowling alleys and fitness centres.

Quick update so people know why no construction has started up as of yet. Dreamworld and the G.C.C.C are just haggling of the price that Dreamworld will need to pay for a new sewer connection which should be sorted out shortly. At this point in time we would be looking at a 2009 opening for stage 3. Just to show you how long the council can slow down the process for approvals, Dreamworld’s application for a shopping complex which was refused back in 2005 will final be sorted out by the courts in November 2008.

I believe it would be there undermaintained cheap version of Universal City Walk or Downtown Disney... and the shopping complex would eventually add the bowling alley and AMC cinemas most likely, and eventually a Dreamworld Hotel would be likely to be made... Thats the great things about local councils, chances are if one thing gets approved..theyl just keep approving, look at Disney demanding there own Highway offramps, bridges over roads for downtown disney, the change in height limits, demanding roads be fixed around the area... its just about you bring the money we give you the approvals

I was not changing the subject to the shopping centre but just making a comparison to how long a process can take for these types of approvals. For the people who want to know about the shopping centre it is planed to go on Dreamworld land the other side of Coomera train station. The building application attached show what was submitted. post-1321-1223681573_thumb.jpg

That plan was rejected because it was simply inadequate for the area considering current and projected population growth. The fact that it was being built by a company with no expertise in operating a retail centre wasn't a winner, especially considering proper companies will be less likely to come into the area in the future if there's already competition, in which case no one wins.

• 3 months later...