Dreamworld's new attraction - December 2004

kennykoala

I have also lived in Holland a few years back and in school we learned a bit of German. I'v read the text and this is what I could make out. Translation (aufstrebende...???.... means I dont have a clue what that means :confused: ) Already is now a great ..? :confused: ?... is upcoming for 2005. With the sale of a Gyro Swing. Has been announced at the Australian Park, Dreamworld. It is a giant swing with seats that are arranged ring-shaped with a Outwards view. The seats has your legs danglin freely. Also the same at the park Drayton Manor. And supposedly very popular with the the public. Well thats about as much as what I could make out. Its probably not the best translation but at least its something. Someone with a bigger German vocalbulary might be able to be of better assistance. Screammachine

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclone, which opened December 26 2001 was considered a 2002 addition. Nick Central, which opened December 26 2002 was considered a 2003 addition. The ride, whose style has I guess been prematurely made public (just act surprised when Dreamworld announce it :)), will follow suit. It is also worth noting that this ride shouldn't be considered a replacement for Thunderbolt simply because it's coming just after Thunderbolt left. There will be bigger plans for Thunderbolt's site further down the track. You can be sure of that.

I really hope that this is not going to be the only attraction for this year. In addition to this ride, something of a smaller scale like Spongebob 3D would be very nice. Bring on Spongebob! If Dreamworld introduced one major ride and one smaller attraction this year that would definitely be enough to convince me to head up there. I just don't think one flat ride after a year of nothing is going to make me too excited. Then again if both MW and WNW added one new ride each aswell... that would definitely be enough to make me travel

I don't see what the problem is with some people. Why do you feel the park should have to live up to what you want to see? So what if they didn't add some new major huge ride last year. Its not like they aren't spending money. Just look at the Bolt site. Obviously there are big plans for that. SW are adding a new attraction and MW has done the same. These parks are spending money and as much as we'd all like to think so, us enthusiasts aren't their top priority. They are there to please the public who like most (myself included) can quite happily have a return visit without anything major added. To say that they will become like Wonderland is just a stupid comment. The GC parks are continuously spending, just be happy that you are getting one ride for christ sake. And its not like its going to be some ****ty flat either.

Well that came out of nowhere... anyone would think I had said something offensive! A big part of these forums is discussing what we'd ideally like to see at the parks and if you read the post again you'll see that I was just referring to what I'D like to see at the park. It is what would make ME come back. It's not what I think Dreamworld has to or neccesarily needs to do. And as you said, you are part of the reason why theme parks in Oz don't need to add a new attraction every year... you keep going back anyway. The majority of Australians are obviously the same. I've always known this and have never said otherwise. Please don't snap at me and imply that I have 'problems' just because you don't agree with me

I don't see what the problem is with some people. Why do you feel the park should have to live up to what you want to see? So what if they didn't add some new major huge ride last year. Its not like they aren't spending money. Just look at the Bolt site. Obviously there are big plans for that. SW are adding a new attraction and MW has done the same. These parks are spending money and as much as we'd all like to think so, us enthusiasts aren't their top priority. They are there to please the public who like most (myself included) can quite happily have a return visit without anything major added. To say that they will become like Wonderland is just a stupid comment. The GC parks are continuously spending, just be happy that you are getting one ride for christ sake. And its not like its going to be some ****ty flat either.
and behappy that we have all these great theme parks. what if we just had one without anygood rides??

No its just everyone sits around and complains that that they want a new 'ride' and then when a park decides to add something you say its not good enough... What is with that?? I wouldn't say I am one of the reasons why parks 'dont have to add' as you say. I can just see reason that a new major attraction doesn't have to come every single year. I don't visit WL because they have done **** all in years but 12 months off is no biggie IMO.

Actually in the majority of cases when parks do add a new ride I have been very impressed. In recent years... I love Dreamworld's Giant Drop & Nick Central. I thought the Cyclone could have been implemented a little better and I had already ridden it so many times in Sydney anyway. At Movie World I was totally impressed with Wild West Falls and then again with Scooby Doo. I also love some of Wet 'n' Wild's latest additions like Mammoth Falls etc. I'm not ever going to be impressed with walk-through exhibits and I don't really count those as major new attractions but that is just me. Don't get me wrong guys, I really think we do have some great parks (the Gold Coast ones). I was just discussing what would make me spend the money to return to Dreamworld. I was also suggesting that it would be a shame if Dreamworld's new attraction doesn't arrive until next year. That is a bit too far away for me

Huss, answer the man's question....
LOL, well yeah Rich explained it, No it doesn't go the full 360 degrees, but still a wicked piece of machinery. I'm soo glad that Dreamworld decided to go with HUSS, they really have proved themselves with the Giant Series, and it will be fantastic to see the ride in the flesh up at DW. Hopefully this model will get some theming, unlike paramounts one, its very much like a test model, and the ride has proven itself very popular, i'm sure it will be here aswell. Well done dreamworld, for going with Huss, and chosing a great ride to add to the park! Chris.

I didn't bother reading the second page, anyway trust an aussie park to get a rip-off, Huss brought out their Giant Frisbee first, then the others brought them out. I know that Huss are the most expensive, but come on, if you're going to get one, do the right thing and get the original. Huss' one looks kinda nicer to Intamins, oh well, Dreamworld already have a rip-off Enterprise, why not add another huss' remake, not that enterprise was their original concept, but it definetly is the best one.

I'm pretty sure that Intamin actually had the designs for their Gyro Swings completed before Huss came out with the Giant Frisbee, and the first model was installed in South Korea well before Delrium was near ready. If anything, Huss ripped off Intamin's outward seating design for their Giant version. Reef Diver is a ripoff because Huss make the best one? Does that mean Intamin and Togo stole the standup coaster from B&M because theirs are by far the best? It's a Schwarzkopf ride that Huss (somewhat unfairly) stole, but that's getting off topic. I really doubt that there is any significant difference in price between Huss and Intamin's equivalent models.

I'm pretty sure that Intamin actually had the designs for their Gyro Swings completed before Huss came out with the Huss Giant Frisbee, and the first model was installed in South Korea well before Delrium was near ready. If anything, Huss ripped off Intamin's outward seating design for their Giant version.   Reef Diver is a ripoff because Huss make the best one? Does that mean Intamin and Togo stole the standup coaster from B&M because theirs are by far the best? It's a Schwarzkopf ride that Huss (somewhat unfairly) stole, but that's getting off topic.   I really doubt that there is any significant difference in price between Huss and Intamin's equivalent models.
I think using the word stole is a bit much. I'm not having ago at you but just because one company comes up with a design thats doesnt mean other companys cant make them, that just like your site, say you stole the "idea" from another site. just my say bye

Intamin had the first "big swing" up and running (at Lotte World), then came Mondial with a similar ride at Canada's Wonderland and finally Huss opened a ride at Kings Island. Intamin then opened a smaller version at Drayton Manor and Huss signed the contract to build a second "giant" at Bobbejaanland, Belgium. Also, Huss developed a medium version of this "swing type ride" for both parks and funfairs, named Frisbee XL. I also translated the Coastersandmore part for all of you: The sale of a Gyro Swing to the Australian Dreamworld has been announced. This is a giant swing, where riders sit in a ring shaped gondola, facing outwards. The floorless seats as well as the large angle of the swings, guarantee a thrilling experience. Similar rides already installed - including a smaller one at the English Drayton Manor - have been very well received by the public. That's about it, my English isn't too great either. My third language actually...first comes Flemish (an improved, more sophisticated version of Dutch, spoken in the northern part of Belgium, called "Flanders"), second comes French (you all know French, spoken in France, but also in the southern part of Belgium, "Walloon") Third is English, fourth is German and I understand "un poco" Spanish as well. So, I gotta devide the knowledge... :P

With the developments made for Nick Central in particular, it's easy to realise how they're building things, and make a fairly reasonably (i.e. correct) assumption for the location. You've gotta love all the vagueness in this location discussion. If we keep talking so subliminally like this, we're going to develop a reputation - *snobby Dreamworlders*. :D

I'm pretty sure that Intamin actually had the designs for their Gyro Swings completed before Huss came out with the Huss Giant Frisbee, and the first model was installed in South Korea well before Delrium was near ready. If anything, Huss ripped off Intamin's outward seating design for their Giant version.   Reef Diver is a ripoff because Huss make the best one? Does that mean Intamin and Togo stole the standup coaster from B&M because theirs are by far the best? It's a Schwarzkopf ride that Huss (somewhat unfairly) stole, but that's getting off topic.   I really doubt that there is any significant difference in price between Huss and Intamin's equivalent models.
ok, well I dont care bout the giant series, they are cool, but not my fav things, Huss brought out their Frisbee first, then fabbri decided to bring one out, what dont they copy, the giant Jumping is really cool. Thats a great one, but the Trailer version of the original ride, it totally awesome!. Anyways, bout the Enterprise (soz bout off topic) I know that Huss copied their ride, but they made it soo much better, they even did Schwarzkopf one better and designed the skylab!. Im saying that Huss' version is sooooo much better, it fully kicks the rest, I know that Huss is my fav manufacurer, but most of their rides are original, which is great. My point is that, the Huss enterprise would have looked much nicer at Dreamworld, its bigger and more impressive. But sorry if you don't agree, like they say, you like what you are familiar with, for me Huss' enterprise is the best

Well seen though we're talking rumours why not go all out here :-) Given the fact that the company is looking for manufacturing companies here, one would assume that they have probably not had something built in this country before... This could very well give us reason to speculate we could in fact be getting our first beamer! I don't suppose your contact knows which country these guys are from?