Dreamworld's new attraction - December 2004

kennykoala

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting pieces together.......I may be way off? Weren't there photos of land clearing posted on another website which (from looking at them anyway) appeared to be somewhere near the old Bushranger show? Wouldn't this make the perfect spot for the new ride? You could have one side flying out over the water, the other over the top of onlookers on the path below. If there's markers there now, aren't chances that this is where we'll see the new ride?....Leaving the Thunderbolt site open for bigger and better things :eek: (here's hoping anyway)

cyclone closed for 4days later this year. Does it seem that the thunder bolt is coming down? Cause the exit to the cyclone comes out right next to the thunder bolt. cant take it down with the cyclone open, and then its closed for 1dayers for a while. Says its for maintance but how much maintance can you do? and the ride hasnt been there all that long. Just my thoughts.

^The reason Cyclone will be down for 4days is that it will be getting rethemed. Once it opens back up the whole ride will have models and pictures of cows, every where including the queue area and fake cows out on the tracks course. also the trains will get a paint job to look like cows and will be sponser by the same milk company that sponsers the Canberra Raiders.

^The reason Cyclone will be down for 4days is that it will be getting rethemed. Once it opens back up the whole ride will have models and pictures of cows, every where including the queue area and fake cows out on the tracks course. also the trains will get a paint job to look like cows and will be sponser by the same milk company that sponsers the Canberra Raiders.
Who is suppling you with this info?? And how true is this? It sounds like it is bull sh*t

Hehehe.... I knew you were only Jokin Rabid ;) . Its pretty funny that "someone" actually fell for that joke! But I could just imagen it. The front car instead of cyclone writen on it has a picture of a daisy flower over it. And the Ride could be called "Mad Cow". And the cicular room can be known as the slaughter house! Pretty Crazy :P. I know i'm crazy HEY ITS MY 100'th POST!!!! Booya... Screammchine

Hehehe.... I knew you were only Jokin Rabid ;) . Its pretty funny that "someone" actually fell for that joke! But I could just imagen it. The front car instead of cyclone writen on it has a picture of a daisy flower over it. And the Ride could be called "Mad Cow". And the cicular room can be known as the slaughter house! Pretty Crazy  :P. I know i'm crazy HEY ITS MY 100'th POST!!!! Booya... Screammchine
I didnt fall for it, if you read what i wrote" it sounds like it is bull Sh*t"

Just thought I'd like to add a piece of information here that was stated on another forum.

I got an email from dreamworld today and this is wat it said   Hello Simon,   Thank you for your email. Dreamworld will unveil several new attractions throughout 2004. Details will be released later in the year.   Kind regards   Lyndal Dennis   Public Relations and Communications Manager   Dreamworld
Liam

hi all, just letting you know i got more info on the new ride from my friend at dreamworld! i have been informed now that the new ride like i said earlier will be near wipeout...where you ask? it will be placed near the roundabout at the entrance to ocean parade. the one thats opsite the staff doors where kenny drives out. And yes it will definatley be the huss delrium like at paramont. see you soon! ill keep u posted with more news soon

Myself, essentially. I found out about the 2004 ride in early August I think it was through my own research, starting with stock market announcements and from there a few Google searches and asking the right questions to the right people. All the Gold Coast parks are public companies, and ASX guidelines are pretty strict with regards to leaking of information. "Those that know don't tell and those that don't know tell," is how it'd be put over at CoasterBuzz. The "Dippin' Dots Guy" (a euphemism for the general park employee who knows all, for those who never understood the term) hears things through the grapevine, and they may occasionally be true, and pestering public relations officers for information will get you nothing until a press release is issued.

Its going out the back where the land clearing is in my last dreamworld update I did on my site. It makes a perfect postcard for the gift shops. Swinging ride up over water with resturant in background and maybe train going past.
It would be cool swinging out over the water, but what happens when the paddlesteamer goes past? Maybe if it was placed so it swings parallel to the water. I cant wait for it to be built, I cant remember the last major flat we got.

Can i just say i believe that i was the first one on this forum to tell everyone about this ride, and i was told twice now that it will be located near wipeout(roundabout area) i can assure u the ride is coming to dreamworld(and im just telling u that i was told by two ppl now that it will be located next to wipeout. i too think the area is a little small, but im just posting what ive been told, same as right back in november when i was the first to tell u about the ride(i do belive i started this thread!)

Just on the subject of taking credit (and I hate dragging things out from the past like this for all its worth), but I was the first person to post thunderbolt's closure on this site. I said in my original post that I read the information on AAF, and provided a link, as seen here(notice the lack of edit times - the post is exactly as it appeared when it was first posted). Now what I want to draw people's attention to is here, where the following two comments are made:

Mattie - Once again AAF was the first to release any information about the Thunderbolts closure. It is interesting to see other sites use this information and treat it as untrue, however, when they find out it was the truth they do not give credit wear its due. That is my winge [sic] for the day.
Benclare - As Matty said, other sites have been taking the credit for posting info about the Thunderbolt, but it has appeared after it went on this website.
What?? No one takes credit for Thunderbolt's demise. The closest we got was Richard mentioning Tomb Raider for Xmas, and a 'Teen Market Thrill Ride' for this year and the petting Zoo. I know this is really petty (not like me.... Honest!) but if we're going to be a community where first person to mention something has to keep a track of it forever (make oneself feel important) then I'd just like to add the following: Back on coasterforums, (now thrillnetwork), I was first to mention the closure of thrillseeker and of the upcoming Shark Bay (mid 2001, literally years before anyone else heard of it). Impressed? No? Well don't forget to tell everyone else who feels entitled to receive their slice of the accolades.

Alright alright, back to where the topic was supposed to be heading and by the way Joz, thank you for telling us about the closure of the Thrill seeker and the opening of Shark Bay, you are a member here that will PROPERLY look after us when it comes to Sea World.... Now I would like to clear things up about some of these people's little "I THINK I'M GREAT BECAUSE I CAN TYPE INTO THIS THING CALLED A KEYBOARD THING..." Speaking to ride manager of DreamWorld the site where the Intamin Gyro Swing is going to go is still in rumour stages. The reason this is because the area behind the WipeOut etc. is where the employees take a break and essentially "have a fag." Now if you can imagine what would happen if 50 people could watch half of the employees having a cigarette at the supposedly without anyone watching would be not only uncomfortable for the employees, but for the people on the ride to get a view of people taking a break is surely not additional themeing (mind you some parks do.) And they also cannot build anything on the middle island as i found out today because of wildlife etc. So there you have it, i have just cleared up a bit of smoke. Two more quick things, I aplogise if my spelling is a bit rough somewhere but riding the Tower of Terror almost 10 times consecutively not to mention the numerous amount of Giant Drop rides i have experienced today is starting to get the better of me! And the west side gondola of the GD has been taking fully off for refurbishment, somewhere overseas i think. Well......*swallows mouthful of today's lunch* cya laterrrrrrr......