Dreamworlds Direction

does anything look different? or havent you been there for a while
Well it's all be painted and doesn't look as old and faded. EDIT: Also if Dreamworld decide not to put in a rollercoaster as there next attraction I wouldn't mind seeing a Huss Land of Giants built. They could do it in 4 phases like Wet n Wild did H2O Zone. So they get away with 4 new attractions instead of one. http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=175 Edited by QLD4INAROW

Well it's all be painted and doesn't look as old and faded. EDIT: Also if Dreamworld decide not to put in a rollercoaster as there next attraction I wouldn't mind seeing a Huss Land of Giants built. They could do it in 4 phases like Wet n Wild did H2O Zone. So they get away with 4 new attractions instead of one. http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=175
really that just adds 2 rides and moves and rethemes 2 others?

Well thats what I thought first, but then I realised that the Wipeout and Top Spin are not the same ride, and the Huss Giant Frisbee is bigger then The Claw ( they could make the Huss one The Claw and Intamin one Claw Jr)
A few points worth making: -Calling it Claw Jr wont automatically make it suitable for children. -DW already markets the Claw as a big bad thrill ride, so if they went and built a bigger one where does that leave the original? In the publics eyes, it would sort of be viewed as the 'crap' one, and as a result you'd end up having all the crowds gravitating towards the bigger one. They already have a sucessful "Big 6" campaign, and having multiple versions of similar rides would be plain weird. -Back when the Claw was first opened I remember Richo making this post: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?s...amp;#entry13031
I spoke for some time with Bob Tan, General Manager Engineering & Maintenance. We talked about everything from which university and engineering faculty was better (which we'd both agree QUT) to the more "theme parky" things. He mentioned quite a few things I know a lot of people here would be interested in. Firstly, Dreamworld had initially looked at the whole range of Gryo Swing/Frisbee style rides - including Chance's Revolution and the Huss Giant Frisbee and the Intamin version was the ideal choice for them. Intamin offer two versions of this attraction (not three as their site may suggest), and Dreamworld went with the smaller of the two. The larger, at only 20m (structural height) is only around 4m taller than Dreamworld's and takes only 8 extra people for a total of 40 per cycle. It is also significantly more expensive, and it was decided that the extra cost is not made up in the marginally increased capacity and size.
So obviously DW have already thought about this, and the one they went for was obviously the best choice for them. A large frisbee simply wouldn't get a return on investment. -Wipeout and a Top Spin aren't the same ride, but they are near enough to each other, especially in the eyes of the public. How would you market it? "Oh, its 90% the same ride except both arms move at the same speed" -Having two 'Wipeouts' and two 'Claws' would be a drastic oversupply of flat ride capacity. We all know how on some days at DW Wipeout can go ages without running because it doesn't get enough riders for a minimum load (And even on busy days it has the shortest queue of the thrill rides). Imagine how much worse it would be with two rides to try and fill with people. -Dreamworld already has plenty of flats, and not enough good coasters :) Edited by Gazza

^^ Valid points Gazza

On Wipeout's capacity - it has now changed to minimum 10 riders instead of the 20 before. Hopefully the ride will run more often now of this change.
Thats another reason I thought the Land of Giants would of been a good idea for it's high capacity, and we all know Dreamworld doesn't have the best. But now mind mind is starting to change thanks to Gazza

Huge rumour going around the staff something big for 2010 not sure what but being Dreamworld it will probally be Go-Karts or a Slingshot.
news to me. I have heard that something big may be happening but i think that go-karts and a slingshot would be a bit far fetched and a little bit "small" for something thats supposed to be "BIG". And i couldnt see something like a slingshot, especially with such small capacity, going in and pouring a track for go-karts would be a waste of money in my opinion.

The slingshot and go-kart thing was obviously a joke (which I thought was funny mind you!)... but a joke sort of based on reality. I mean just look at 'Adrenalin Alley' to see the kind of crap Dreamworld has installed over the last few years and passed off as attractions. It would make sense for a major ride to be added in 2010 as it appears Dreamworld staggers their major capital expenditure every 3 years which I believe would make 2010 a likely date for the next big thing

Just a heads up, not everyone needs sarcasm or humour pointed out to them with an emoticon. WWW worker managed to do it. ....Surely the last part was a dead giveaway..."Knowing Dreamworld", as in the place now has reputation of building dissapointing upcharges and overhyping stuff, hence him joking a major ride to them would be something stupid like go karts.

Edited by Gazza

My sentiments exactly Gazza. I read it the first time and understood it perfectly. Reanimated said it right, WWW Worker got it, you did, and so did i. In my opinion, let's not jerk the thumb at Reanimated, and instead poke the finger at those who DIDN'T get it. God what did we do with emoticons before someone invented the sarcasm one - all we had when I first got online was : ) and : ( or : ' ( Then someone got realllllll crazy and added eyebrows > : ( and the tight lipped : | None of this fancy schmancy animated imagery!!! gee Gazza, - Kids these days, eh?

Maybe look toward WWW for the addition and not Dreamworld.
Yer, it's a bit bare. Maybe they'll finish that expansion and build a good coaster but i doubt it. Imagine it Huge dark mammoth slides with a B&M going through the middle. We can always dream about Dreamworld Edited by www worker

Unfortunately there's no capex committed for any major new rides or attractions over the next financial year going by the information in MLE's results presentation. The financial year ends June 30. So it is still possible we could see something in September or December which I suppose are the normal months for big new additions anyway

i noticed on saturady that they have cemented over the old pool they had pre-WWW
yeah, that happened quite a long time ago around the same time WWW opened. The large white tent that now houses AVPX used to sit on that concrete slab and was called The Dream Room and was used as a function room of sorts as well as Angoscia, The Freezer and The Mummy. Also, www worker, do u actually work at WWW? Because you have quite a negative view on your workplace if you do, and I'm curious as to why you would work somewhere that you seem to think isn't up to scratch...

Also, www worker, do u actually work at WWW? Because you have quite a negative view on your workplace if you do, and I'm curious as to why you would work somewhere that you seem to think isn't up to scratch...
Well I am sorry if I offended you in anyway, but personally I don't think i'm talking negative, i'm talking the truth. Look at Eureka Mountain it's nearly been 3 years since it became SBNO all they've done is removed the ques and boarded it up, God at least paint a sign on the boards saying something like "OLD GOLD MINE DO NOT ENTER DANGEROUS" to at least put some sort of themeing in the area, not put a stupid basketball game. Oh don't forget the chair lift 4 years guess whats still standing the station buildings and poles that held the rides up. Sorry about the rant but i'm sick of this park still calling it's self "Australia's Favourite Park" . I work at WWW not DW never been negative about my workplace. Edited by www worker