Dreamworlds Direction

It's actually a Laser Tag, however you basically have 2 teams, and you shoot the opposite team to yours. It's much better than a normal laser skirmish though, for 1 it has a story line, 2 has some awesome themeing and effects, has hidden traps and hidden treasures, has more than 1 level, and the lighting and the smoke used in the attraction is simply awesome.

If we are going to start price bashing, Annual Passholders for Dreamworld/ WhiteWater World should have/ will recieve 3 50% off entry vouchers to either parks. These can be used for families, friends, and the AP holder doesn't need to be present. And just on the Myfun discounts, you can get the same discount from your motoring association for all the parks, and most local hotels/ other attraction houses on the Gold Coast offer the same discount if you book your tickets through them.

Even better become a shareholder of either Macquarie Leisure or Village Roadshow and get multiple 'buy one get one free' vouchers for Dreamworld, WhiteWater World, Sea World, Movie World, Wet 'n' Wild, Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World, Greater Union Cinemas etc. etc. Now that's a real saving!

Edited by GoGoBoy

If we are going to start price bashing, Annual Passholders for Dreamworld/ WhiteWater World should have/ will recieve 3 50% off entry vouchers to either parks. These can be used for families, friends, and the AP holder doesn't need to be present. And just on the Myfun discounts, you can get the same discount from your motoring association for all the parks, and most local hotels/ other attraction houses on the Gold Coast offer the same discount if you book your tickets through them.
Having received those entry vouchers, which expired before Easter! :rolleyes: MyFun does the best discounting hands down. (Although I'm still pissy Q150 didn't include Northern NSW)

Just for the average day at the park that movie world is slugging a extra 95 cent’s off the consumer, sure it dose not sound much but apply that to everyone that goes through the entry gate? Plus now that they charging extra for drink’s in value meals along with other little charges in there parks. It’s cheaper going to dream world and that’s a much LARGER! Park.

Just for the average day at the park that movie world is slugging a extra 95 cent’s off the consumer, sure it dose not sound much but apply that to everyone that goes through the entry gate?....It’s cheaper going to dream world and that’s a much LARGER! Park.
But i don't get how 95c is a 'slug'. A minor price difference shouldn't even come into the decision to go to one park or the other. I mean, In LA it costs $67 to get into Universal Studios but $59 to get into Six Flags Magic Mountain. Even though Magic Mountain has far more rides and is $8 cheaper, Universal Studios gets about twice as many visitors. Evidently people choose theme parks for other reasons... Plus you seem rather quiet on the fact that WWW charges more than WnW, even though they are half the size....Double standards?
Plus now that they charging extra for drink’s in value meals along with other little charges in there parks.
Totally agreed that drinks should be included in the meals. To be honest that factor alone is enough now to preclude me from getting food in the park...It's just flat out not worth it.

Anyway back to the topic at hand (Dreamworld's direction)... I was reading some press releases and articles with quotes from the new CEO Noel Dempsey. After reading them I am now worried he has a similar mentality as Stephen Gregg and possibly wants to take the park in the same direction. Here are 2 of the quotes - “Not only have we done this today, (but) this becomes part of a new precinct here at Dreamworld, where we are going to have a range of adrenal-filled actives, from the V8 simulators, to Flowrider and now today opening the biggest and the best, which is Alien vs. Predator”, he added." and "Dreamworld CEO, Noel Dempsey said his team was determined to bring the virtual racing cars to Australia after first experiencing them in the USA". I'm sorry to say but based on the above it sounds like he is just as determined to turn Dreamworld into an 'experience' park building interactive sporting activities and other attractions as opposed to real theme park rides and themed areas. I certainly hope I'm wrong and we see him go in a better direction

Edited by GoGoBoy

today opening the biggest and the best, which is Alien vs. Predator”, he added."
He is ripping off Wet'n'Wild :P
"Dreamworld CEO, Noel Dempsey said his team was determined to bring the virtual racing cars to Australia after first experiencing them in the USA".
Why would anyone be so determined to bring the virtual racing cars to Australia. I mean come on they aren't that great and people can just go to a shopping to get a simplified version. Edited by cadboy

^ Cadboy, have you actually tried the V8 simulator though? I for one haven't and IMHO, you can't REALLY give an informed opinion without having done so. Not having a go at you but to say they're only slightly better than shopping centre versions is a bit premature. While it's not my #1 ideal addition, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now... I think with AVPX Dreamworld IS showing fair potential for a good comeback. Hopefully on his next US trip, Noel will try out some shooting dark rides, some woodies and some 6,000,000,000,000,000 feet B&Ms though! ;)

I HAVEN'T tried the simulator, but come on... My old Windows 95 had better visuals! That and the fact that the road seemed to be a strange width in comparison to the cars driving on it... The old simulators used PS3s which I remember looking a hundred times more accurate. I've also attached my expired 'Mates Rates' card which I received in February this year. post-886-1240570986_thumb.jpg

Evidently people choose theme parks for other reasons... Plus you seem rather quiet on the fact that WWW charges more than WnW, even though they are half the size....Double standards? Totally agreed that drinks should be included in the meals. To be honest that factor alone is enough now to preclude me from getting food in the park...It's just flat out not worth it.
Well I don’t go to the water parks as they are a waste of money as you can swim in the ocean for free. And yes they are, I just wait till the end of the day when at these sort of places and just go to nando’s cross the road.

On a side note: do youse cum your pants when u see a ride rtc? if you do maybe its time youse go **** a girl or youse all not into girls ROFL
Yeah All theme parks suck and are a waste of money, who would pay 95c to go to Dreamworld when youse can have sex with your girlfriend swimming in the ocean for free and cum in your pants ROFL> Edited by Gazza

• 3 months later...

Just a little update, But I was reading the RACQ magazine. Not an issue goes by where the theme parks aren't mentioned, but they were advertising this nigh event on August 21st for Free2Go members...In Adrenaline Alley. Of course, these upcharges not matching in with ocean parade has been a bit of an annoyance for people on here, but it seems as if they are treating the southern end as a new area. A bit of googling lead me to this: http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/WWW_p...lleyStoryAngles

About Adrenalin Alley attractions FUEL V8 Supercars Redline: Unleash the beast within on Australia’s first full-motion virtual V8 Supercars experience at Dreamworld. Plant your foot, harpoon the hairpins and get set to follow in the tread marks of the legendary red and blue racing teams. Dreamworld’s V8 Supercars RedLine. Put yourself in the driver’s seat! FLOW FlowRider: Slide down, carve a turn then cut back to experience Australia’s ultimate non-stop wave on FlowRider. Try it standing up or boogie board your way down. . Regardless of age and skill, everybody can now experience the rush of riding a wave. FIRE AVPX: Prepare for the fight of your life in Dreamworld’s immersive combat experience, AVPX. Dodge, duck and defend as you discover an eternal battle for supremacy between two interstellar legends, Alien and Predator. Lock and load because they do not come in peace. It’s Alien vs. Predator vs. You. FEAR Cyclone Rollercoaster It’s 13 storeys and 1000 tonnes of high-speed, heart-thumping twists with a hair-raising 360-degree loop. Be prepared to be blown away on the tallest high-speed gravity rollercoaster in the Southern Hemisphere!
And...
Bob the Builder, the man behind Adrenalin Alley General Manager of Special Projects, Bob Tan has worked at Dreamworld for almost two decades and has some pretty wild rides under his belt. Bob has one of the coolest jobs in the world, sourcing and delivering world-first attractions to Dreamworld time after time. A former Malaysian printer’s engineer who completed his engineering degree at Queensland University of Technology, Bob is responsible for bringing all four Adrenalin Alley attractions to the theme park; The Cyclone, FlowRider, V8 Supercars RedLine, and the all new laser combat experience AVPX.
PS, the rest of the 'story angles' on that page are hilarious.