WnW 2010: Aqua Loop, Flowrider, Zipline, Skycoaster

Intamin

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell as to whether these will pop up elsewhere in the park. I personally don't care whether speedcoaster comes back or not, but i kind of still want them around for capacity reasons.
I'm pretty sure they will both be returning. Both the Twister and Speedcoaster pages state that they are "currently closed". If the rides weren't going to return I am sure they would have just removed the pages altogether.

Not completely true, they have done this before, it's usually so that guests can see they are definately removed and not just missing from the site. Helps with complaints once they get to the park. I just noticed myself that the fibreglass from the slides is almost completely gone, I've been off the past 2 days. Time will tell if they plan to try and re use the tower in some way for the new slides and save on building costs. Would be interesting to see if the slides are neatly stacked out the back or if they have gone to the dumpster. Looks like the source that the Aqua Loops would take these 2 slides' places was correct after all.

I have a feeling that we'll see thesees rides back again, Speedcoaster offers a good step up for little ones before taking on bigger slides and Twister, well that's just loved by everyone, its such an awesome ride, they would be foolish to dump them and they want to get bigger with capacity for more guests to beat WWW and they already closed Terror Canyon. I think we will see these rides re-appear in H-20 the only reason aqualoop isn't they just want you to see looping slides at the front for marketing pruposes and they're pre-pared to pay the extra to move slides for this.

Edited by Original

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from bali today and the waterbom park over there just recently put in one of these loops, standing out the front of the park it looks like a vertical loop and 4 of them in front of wet n wild would look awesome. Definitely worth the cost to move the twister and speed coaster just for the view.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, and sorry if its been posted elsewhere. After 2 months and 4500 entries, a name has been decided on for the new quad AquaLoop water slides at Wet'n'Wild - the "AquaLoop", a very original name :rolleyes: ! I do love Stacey's reason for naming it that.

Wet’n’Wild Water World ran a huge naming competition in April and May with the sole purpose… ‘Find a name for the brand new attraction’. The new attraction with four looping slides, a terrifying trap door release with 2.5G acceleration is in its first stages of construction and is scheduled to be completed by September 2010. After two months of contesting and over four and a half thousand entries registered, the new name has been selected… AquaLoop Stacey Daunt from Queensland is the winner of the naming competition and had this to say “well that’s good news! That’s very exciting – I haven’t won anything in a very long time.” Stacey entered the competition with the winning name and her reason for calling it AquaLoop - “it appears to loop and of course the adventure is in ‘water’ it’ll be the biggest & best yet!” And what an adventure it is going to be for Stacey and 19 of her closest friends and family when they get to experience the brand new attraction at an exclusive event later in the year! The new AquaLoop is expected to open mid-September; just in time for the September / October school holidays! So, be sure to purchase your VIP Pass now so that you can enjoy the new AquaLoop and all the other exciting new attractions opening soon at Wet’n’Wild Water World - still the Biggest’n’Best!

God there good at what they do!!! As far as i had been told nothing was to be said until a official launch was made. "The new AquaLoop is expected to open mid-September; just in time for the September / October school holidays! So, be sure to purchase your VIP Pass now so that you can enjoy the new AquaLoop and all the other exciting new attractions opening soon at Wet’n’Wild Water World - still the Biggest’n’Best!" Interesting to see how much more competitive the Village pass will be compared to Dreamworlds.

Sorry; am I missing something very obvious. This thread, started on the 20th of December 2009 asked where the AquaLoop should be placed. The ride is an AquaLoop. It has been referred to as the AquaLoop on every discussion on this (and other) forums. And the winning name for the slide is AquaLoop?!? Where's the hidden camera, is it April 1st, what am I missing?

ok wth?! I'm confused as well...surely it can't be aqualoop, they were after a name for each of the 4 slides weren't they? I must also be missing something or the obvious in front of me... As a side note, I saw an email went out to current VIP passholders with the option to get a new pass running till the end of June 2011 for $99 plus an offer to buy 4 for the price of three making them $75 each. Glad I wasn't stupid enough to renew my two $280 passes in april....

Edited by jayw

A bit more news. On todays GC Bulletin there was a myfun promotional slip over front cover for the paper (They are promoting their latest VIP pass as the 'national year of fun'), and it announced a whole lot of stuff we didn't know yet. WnW is getting the Aqualoops, but they're also getting the Endless Wave, a Flowrider! WnW have done what WWW/DW couldn't...put a flowrider in the place where people are wearing bathers. Frustratingly, it caught my eye because i found a copy of the paper sitting abandoned at the MW bus stop, so I took the paper, and separated off the slip over, but somehow on the bus I left it behind, so I can't scan it in. Any other locals get todays paper?

Edited by Gazza

I wonder if they'll just get a copy of Dreamworld's Double FlowRider or if they will get multiple ones to cater for a higher crowd. Another question is whether it will be an upcharge or not. fr_doubleA.jpg Gazza, did it actually picture a Flowrider or did it just say Endless Wave. If it just said Endless Wave, then there is a possibility of it being something a bit different: a FlowBarrel. wave-attractions-double-flowbarrel.jpg

^ I'm guessing you haven't read my post in the Castaway Bay topic this morning.

^ My copy doesn't have the promotional sleeve. I think the copy that you picked up was one of the ones they give away at the theme parks. I know in the past I've had free Courier Mails and Sunday Mails from DW and WWW (each with DW and WWW upgrade advertising), so I am guessing WVTP are doing the same with the Gold Coast Bulletin. I'll rephrase the question. Did any other locals get yesterday's Gold Coast Bulletin from one of the theme parks?
After looking at the Wave Loch website again, and the construction going on at Wet'n'Wild, I'm thinking its only going to be a FlowRider Single (half of Dreamworld's). I hope it's not though :rolleyes:. post-2117-1277625801_thumb.png Edited by themeparkgc

Gazza, did it actually picture a Flowrider or did it just say Endless Wave. If it just said Endless Wave, then there is a possibility of it being something a bit different: a FlowBarrel.
The picture was just a promotional shot of 'Da Flowrider' at WnW Hawaii.
My copy doesn't have the promotional sleeve. I think the copy that you picked up was one of the ones they give away at the theme parks. I know in the past I've had free Courier Mails and Sunday Mails from DW and WWW (each with DW and WWW upgrade advertising), so I am guessing WVTP are doing the same with the Gold Coast Bulletin.
That would be it then....As I said, the paper in question was abandoned at the MW bus stop, and they were giving out copies at the park (Didn't get one though)

Check this out from Whitewater West. Wet N Wild got a mention. Woohoo WhiteWater launches Dueling AquaLoops Head-to-head looping body slides generating unprecedented guest buzz posted on 11:00 AM, June 29, 2010 The launch of the Dueling AquaLoops waterslides, expandes the AquaLoop family with a thrilling new design that doubles capacity and takes guest entertainment to a whole new level. The Dueling AquaLoops are a unique configuration of WhiteWater’s immensely popular AquaLoop looping waterslide, a winner in the IAAPA 2009 Best New Waterpark Product category. The Dueling AquaLoops put one rider against another in a head-to-head speed challenge, delivering heart-pounding excitement for riders and offering entertainment for spectators below. Starting from a single tower, riders stand inside the launch capsules and await the countdown. 3…2…1…go! The floor drops and riders plunge 45 ft (17 m) down, accelerating to speeds of nearly 38 mph (60 Km/h), hurtling up and over the near-vertical loop as more than 2.4 G’s press their bodies against the flume before they splash into the runout. It’s sure to be the most intense waterslide experience of their lives! The first Dueling AquaLoops – two of them, totaling four AquaLoops – are currently being installed at Wet‘n’Wild Water World in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. “The Dueling AquaLoops are one of the most exciting waterslide concepts to hit the market in a long time”, says Bob White, General Manager of Wet’n’Wild Water World. “Sending guests on a head-to-head race through the trap doors, down the flumes and around the nearly vertical loops will be amazing. We loved the idea so much; we’re putting in four AquaLoops! The ride has already generated unprecedented interest from our guests, so we are looking forward to a great summer!”

While going to Movie World for most of the day, I went to Wet N Wild for about half an hour to get on Surfrider 4 times, as you didnt even have to leave your seat and run around again. I also spent time looking around the construction sites. Aqualoop has officially gone vertical. Sorry no pics :( Anyway it is about the same height as the top of the Aqua Racer at the present time. Apart from that, not much was going on. I recommend going to Wet N Wild. NO CROWDS!!

Edited by Intamin