Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good line-up. Nice to see a bit of effort being put into the summer season. I like the sense of Dreamworld history they are putting into some of the shows too. My only question is about Spongebob 3D. Isn't it supposed to be Spongebob 4D as it is in many parks overseas? Or are they not planning to install any of the 4D effects? That would be a bit of a shame if they didn't. If they did add the full effects, this could have been advertised as a new attraction in its own right and I'm sure would have drawn a few people in

On the maintenance page they did say "improvements coming soon". I wouldn't class a new movie as improvements, so hopefully some additional effects are being added. They could advertise it as the biggest 4D theatre in Australia with their IMAX sized screen. I don't however expect them to go to the effort of installing new seats (like Shrek/JTTCOTE) - it'd be cool though.

Even with no motion seats but just special effects like wind and sprays they could still advertise it as 4D and make a big deal of it. Strange that it is being marketed as 3D though and just a part of the overall show line-up. I guess we will see. I very much doubt that this is the BIG thing for the 30th. Afterall, Ardent did say they were embarking on a 3 year program of major capital expenditure. I don't think shows require too much capital. Of course if I am wrong and we don't see a BIG thing next year I will officially disown Dreamworld and sell my Ardent shares ;)

But see, I'm a local, and me going with my friends would end up as $40 between us, each time we head in, just for a Q4U. :P I dunno, I guess I'll just have to deal with the lines. Afterall, in America, it's always that long, and we don't complain, yet we (well I am) complaining about 30 minute lines here. :P

The new out door theatre that is being built at the moment were farm yard friends was, is a 400seat theatre which will show The Australian Sheep Sheering Show which will open by Christmas.
I'm assuming this will replace the Oakey Creek show? Can't see much point in having 2 farm shows. This new woolshed sounds similar to what they had at Wonderland in Sydney... it certainly used to pull in a good number of asian tourists

Judging by the description of it I think it is definitely a replacement for the Oakey Creek Farm Show. The woolshed instantly reminded me of Paradise Country.

To celebrate all that is summer and the unique Australian culture, the nation’s favourite theme park is currently putting the final touches on the new Dreamworld Woolshed. A brand new 400 seat undercover arena, the Woolshed will be home to a variety of farm yard animals, and the brand new Australian Sheep Shearing show. Featuring a host of true blue Aussie blokes, these genuine shearers will keep the crowds laughing while they demonstrate life on an Australian farm.

notice how he says "we are ENTERING our 30th year with..." thats good to hear because that means this isnt the last to come for next year :)
Yes I noticed that too. Definitely reassuring. I was also thinking that I have probably been too tough on Dreamworld for not adding a major new ride this year. Afterall, they did add both the Wedgie and the refurbed ToT 2 this year (both fairly minor but better than some of their other smaller additions). I suppose it would be a bit much to also expect a new ride. But in saying that they need to WOW us next year and for the next few years really

Posted by Kenny on Facebook: "You can bank on it! There will be plenty of new news in the next 2 years!" When someone asked about any new rides. Sounds pretty good, seeing as I always have a platinum pass and only got my new one this year, hoping I will be there, standing at the gate at 8am for the new ride(s). ^.^ SOOO EXCITED! JUST WANT SOME NEWS ALREADY!

Either side of the branch of Main Street leading towards the Claw some circular concrete footings with bolts set into them, roughly a meter high have popped up either side of the road. My first impression is that they are going to do some sort of MW/Universal style roof over that bit.

Edited by Gazza

Either side of the branch of Main Street leading towards the Claw some circular concrete footings with bolts set into them, roughly a meter high have popped up either side of the road. My first impression is that they are going to do some sort of MW/Universal style roof over that bit.
Why? You had my hopes up when you mentioned 'footings'. Haven't heard that for a while

Ad wasn't bad until the voice over started, I'm really sick of these style ads everywhere... The ad shouldn't need a voiceover if it's delivering it's message right! As for the shows, very very underwealming for me. Given DWs entertainment usually falls pretty low on the standards meter, the fact that's all they are doing for this summer looks like another big cheap out. I mean movieworld are doing a massive xmas event with a parade and what we know will be some more amazing floats, just for nothing. And for a big milestone DW pulls out some hokey entertainment on that realy bad temp stage in main street. As for illuminate, the lasers are amazing, but its not like they are new anymore.

Ad wasn't bad until the voice over started, I'm really sick of these style ads everywhere... The ad shouldn't need a voiceover if it's delivering it's message right! As for the shows, very very underwealming for me. Given DWs entertainment usually falls pretty low on the standards meter, the fact that's all they are doing for this summer looks like another big cheap out. I mean movieworld are doing a massive xmas event with a parade and what we know will be some more amazing floats, just for nothing. And for a big milestone DW pulls out some hokey entertainment on that realy bad temp stage in main street. As for illuminate, the lasers are amazing, but its not like they are new anymore.
As part of Dreamworld's target "thrill" market, I like it/think it is fairly effective, never underestimate the power of a catchy jingle :P I also was a little underwelmed by DW's offering, but it is certainly better than nothing... Are the only WVTP "Boxing Day Attractions" a Zip Line and Artic Penguins? DC Comics Parade, Halloween and White Christmas are all outstanding but what is their for everyday guests? The VIP Pass campaign is focusing on Castaway, Aqualoops and JTTCOTE, Castaway/Aqua is great, but as for JTTCOTE most feedback I have heard is "bring back shrek".