Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Actually the 'negativity' surrounding this ride is virtually non-existent. The only people that have said something negative are those who don't know what they're talking about and just like coming out with random non-sensical comments. This is exactly the type of ride most of us want to see more of at our parks and proves that once again Movie World knows how to pick rides... especially the fact they are going with the beefed up model

Edited by GoGoBoy

I don't know if it's worth spending the extra $10million to attract the 100 or so people world wide who are likely to travel for a B&M coaster. While you could argue that a B&M coaster might be a better ride and have more staying power and be a draw for longer (all of which may well have merit), saying its worth spending tons of extra money because of all the international tourists you'll get is wishful thinking from local enthusiasts.

No there isn't.

I do remember seeing some tbh.

It would actually create much more return then this coaster. As it will get people from around the work come and try it. While this coaster can be ridden in many other places in the world. The only difference looks like it has 4 across and lapbar restraints.

No I don't agree. Movie World isn't 6 Flags MM which rely on keeping up with all the biggest + best coasters.

I have never been to any overseas parks and for someone like me, the brand means little so long as it is enjoyable. This coaster will have me coming back as much as Scooby and Superman have as long as the overall experience from theming to ride is a positive one.

Exactly. Scooby isn't the most technologically advanced or expensive coaster but it's probably the most fun I've had on a rollercoaster.

Well you can actually pick up a B&M for not much more then this, considering this cost around $10 - $11 mil and you can pick up B&M's form less then $15 mil

That's simply not true sorry. The standard B&M is $20 million - that's double the price. They certainly wouldn't get double the return.

So you've gone from quoting GL as being 10-11 mil last night, to 12 million today? Why the $2 mil escalation overnight? With cost blowouts like that you could be qualified to work on state government projects!

^ Or report for the Gold Coast Bulletin.

Sorry not that Green lantern the one at Six Flags great adventure (I thought you would of been smart enough to figure that out but I guess I was wrong). And by the way I am not saying that they should build one I was just stating a fact.

Well according to this site we did spend 18mil in 98' on WWF (don't ask me why in my head I was thinking 21mil in 1999) and SE in 05' for 16mil, in 95' there was LW for 16mil and two years later ToT for 16mil! For me personally I don't care who builds it (don't get me wrong I would love a big B&M or Intamin but I would rather do it right rather than go for the cheapest option and get one just for the sake of getting one) how much it costs, whatever. As long it is enjoyable and re-rideable (dark, thrill, family etc.) and just has that WOW feel to it (theming/presentation) I will be more than happy! Look what you got in Scooby for 13mil, probably the most fun, re-rideable family experience on the Gold Coast and definitely has that world class feel to it!

Edited by Original

Yay, Im home now, so I can write the proper response.

As it will get people from around the work come and try it.

I don't know if it's worth spending the extra $10million to attract the 100 or so people world wide who are likely to travel for a B&M coaster. While you could argue that a B&M coaster might be a better ride and have more staying power and be a draw for longer (all of which may well have merit), saying its worth spending tons of extra money because of all the international tourists you'll get is wishful thinking from local enthusiasts.

Yeah, agree with Joz totally. You'd get a B&M because.... -Reliable, and cheap to maintain. -Will stay popular with park visitors due to the higher ride quality and higher comfort level. You wouldn't pick a B&M to attract internationals, I mean, has Wallygator Parc become an international tourist destination because they've put in a B&M very recently? Is anyone from here going to make a special trip to ride it? (After all, enthusiasts like us are probably the 'sitting ducks' to go do that)

Yes I do, the prices will of gone up but it would not be as extreme as $25m

http://content.yudu....esources/26.htm In reference to Raptor at Gardaland.

The €20 million ($29) is also the most most expensive ever at an Italian amusement park.

I think the cheapest recent B&M was Krake for €12 million ($16 Mil AUD), but you don't get a terrible lot of B&M for that money: 8en4o0020tuakpfp248f4e.jpg http://www.rcdb.com/m/9097.htm?p=34951 It cost the same as Superman, and is indeed the same height, but has 300m less track. Be very cautious when comparing costings with attractions in the US specifically, since labour costs are significantly lower there. European costings are more comparable (Except for perhaps Spain)

While this coaster can be ridden in many other places in the world. The only difference looks like it has 4 across and lapbar restraints.

74 B&Ms exist, which are overwhelmingly located at the most "Famous" and highly visited parks in the world. Versus 4 El Locos, which are at somewhat obscure places like Indiana Beach and Fratsiperius City. Edited by Gazza

74 B&Ms exist, which are overwhelmingly located at the most "Famous" and highly visited parks in the world. Versus 4 El Locos, which are at somewhat obscure places like Indiana Beach and Fratsiperius City.

Yet there are similar types of rides to the El Locos yet B&M rides are unique. Plus can we end this as it all started from me just stating a fact, That they are really not that much more expensive. Its all a little silly.

No offence but B&M's aren't unique at all especially in America where they're a dime and a dozen. It WOULD be unique in Australia but then again anything can pretty much be unique here since we don't have a lot of anything lol. I mean it was only recently that we got our first Disqo (or however you spell it) ride which have been around for yonks now. Imo El Loco's are far more unique.

Yet there are similar types of rides to the El Locos yet B&M rides are unique

Which ones? The two Screamin Squirrels that got built? I think it would be an absolute stretch to count in Eurofighters as being similar too, but even if we did, the number of Eurofighters + El Locos + Screamin Squirrels is still less than the number of B&Ms.

Plus can we end this as it all started from me just stating a fact,

I wouldnt call it fact or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It WOULD be unique in Australia but then again anything can pretty much be unique here since we don't have a lot of anything lol. I mean it was only recently that we got our first Disqo (or however you spell it) ride which have been around for yonks now

This.

OMG - Reanimated has become the new Gazza.... Is Reanimated being Gazza? Or is Gazza being Gazza? Or is Gazza being Reanimated? Confused... :blink: He isn't trying to troll you. He's trying to point out your hideously poor spelling and grammar.

Edited by AlexB